UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies’ Trust Fund Grant 2018/2019 for Ph.D. Students
Table Of Interest
The 2019 Edition for UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies’ Trust Fund Grant for Ph.D. Students has been announced and application deadline is JUNE 10th, 2019.
To assist intellectually brilliant students in research work, engender capacity building, strengthen post-graduate students training in the University and open the doors to several other benefits, the School of Postgraduate Studies instituted a Postgraduate Trust Fund which was officially launched on Thursday, 7th July, 2016 in the University Main Auditorium during its 2015/2016 Academic Session Annual Lecture.
Following the approval for the disbursement of the Funds by the Board of Postgraduate Studies, the School hereby requests interested Ph.D. students to apply for the grant.
UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies’ Trust Fund Grant Eligibility.
Applicants must fulfil the following criteria;
- Be a registered Ph.D. candidate and full-time student;
- Be registered for the year in which the application for Grant is being made;
- Must have not spent more than 3 years before application;
- Must have completed Course Work with a minimum of 4.50 grade point average approved by Senate;
- Must have presented his/her first seminar (Pre-Field);
- Must show the relevance of Ph.D. work to National Development;
- Be recommended by both Supervisor and Departmental Postgraduate Committee and
- Present a 500-word Proposal, which will be followed by Oral Interview.
UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies’ Trust Fund Grant – Modalities for Grant Disbursement.
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2019/2020 | Study Abroad Scholarships 2019
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2019/2020
- 4 Year Scholarships 2019/2020 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2019
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2019/2020
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2019/2020 | Psychology Scholarships 2019
- Scholarships For African American Students 2019/2020 | African American Scholarships 2019
- Asian American Scholarships 2019 | Japanese American Scholarships 2019
Grant will be disbursed in three instalments (in the ratio 40: 40:20), which will be determined by evidence of work done.
- Once the grant is approved (1st tranche will be released)
- When the candidate is about to go to APC (2nd tranche will be released).
- Before the Candidate’s Viva (3rd tranche will be released).
Candidates must commit to completing the work within three years from the date of award; otherwise, the remaining part of the award will be withdrawn.
Pre-field, Post-field and Post Academic Programme Committee (APC) Progress Reports will be required until the work is completed.
How to Apply
Application Forms are obtainable from the Office of the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies effective from MONDAY, 20TH MAY, 2019.
Completed Application Form should be returned on or before MONDAY, 10TH JUNE, 2019. Applicants should note that there will be a penalty for misinformation and distortion of facts presented and that Completed Form not returned within the stipulated period will not be processed.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies’ Trust Fund Grant 2018/2019 for Ph.D. Students”.
Thanks For Reading