Table Of Interest
- 1 NECO Syllabus For Civic Education 2020/2021 | Download NECO Syllabus PDF Here
- 1.1 NECO Syllabus For Civic Education 2020/2021 | Download NECO Syllabus PDF Here
- 1.1.1 EXAMINATION SCHEME
- 1.1.2 SECTION A:
- 1.1.3 SECTION B: EMERGING ISSUES IN THE SOCIETY
- 1.1.4 SECTION C: GOVERNMENTAL SYSTEM AND PROCESSES
- 1.1.5 Suggested Reading List
- 1.2 RELATED POSTS
- 1.1 NECO Syllabus For Civic Education 2020/2021 | Download NECO Syllabus PDF Here
Today you and I will quickly take a look at the topic “NECO Syllabus For Civic Education 2020/2021 | Download NECO Syllabus PDF Here“.
This has become very necessary as several aspirants of the 2020/2021 NECO examination have been trooping into our website for NECO guide and asking us several other questions concerning the syllabus for NECO CIVIC Education to help them prepare.
However, we at O3SCHOOLS have prepared all that you need concerning the NECO Syllabus for CIVIC EDUCATION for 2019/2020 and all the guide you need to pass NECO at once.
Nevertheless, if you are among those that have been searching for answers to [NECO syllabus for civic education 2019, neco syllabus for civic education pdf, neco syllabus for economics, neco syllabus for crk, neco syllabus for economics 2020, neco syllabus for biology, neco syllabus for mathematics 2020, 2020/2021 neco syllabus, NECO Syllabus For Civic Education 2020/2021 | Download NECO Syllabus PDF Here], then of course you are not the only one searching.
Right here, Right now on this site, you shall get all the information you have been searching for concerning “NECO Syllabus For Civic Education 2020/2021 | Download NECO Syllabus PDF Here“.
NECO Syllabus For Civic Education 2020/2021 | Download NECO Syllabus PDF Here
Before we proceed, we will like to quickly note that NECO as a body never releases syllabus as WAEC and NECO are both similar exams.
Therefore you can proceed to see the WAEC & NECO syllabus for Civic Education Below.
This syllabus aims at assessing the candidate’s ability to
1. understand the importance of citizenship in the society;
2. explain the structure, functions and responsibilities of government to the people ;
3. know emerging issues in the society;
4. understand the rights, duties and obligations of citizens to government and society;
5. appreciate democratic values and strive to uphold them.
There will be two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2; both of which will be in a composite paper and will be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1: This will be a 1-hour multiple choice test consisting of fifty questions drawn from the entire syllabus and will carry 40 marks.
Paper 2: This paper will be a 2- hour essay type test consisting of three sections: Sections A, B, C. Each section shall contain three questions. Candidates will be required to answer four questions choosing at least one from each Section. The paper will carry 60 marks.
The sections shall cover the following areas of the syllabus:
Section A: National ethics, discipline, rights and obligation
Section B: Emerging Issues in the society
Section C: Governmental system and processes
NATIONAL ETHICS, DISCIPLINE, RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
1) definition, 2) types, 3) importance of values to the society.
2 Citizenship and Nationalism
1) meaning of citizenship; 2) meaning of citizenship education; 3) goals of citizenship education; 4) duties and obligations of citizens; 5) meaning of nationalism; 6) ways of promoting national consciousness, integrity and unity in the society; 7) the nationalistic roles of individual and groups; 8) identification of local and world civic problems.
3 Human Rights
1) meaning of human rights; 2) categories of human rights; 3) characteristics of human rights; 4) meaning and historical background of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR); 5) meaning and identification of the seven core freedoms of UDHR; 6) importance of UDHR; 7) roles of individual, groups and government in UDHR; 8) limitations to the exercise of human rights.
4 Law and Order
1) definition of Law and Order; 2) features of Law and Order; 3) importance of Law and Order in the society; 4) meaning of constituted authority; 5) types of constituted authority; 6) importance and roles of constituted authority.
5 Responsible Parenthood
1) meaning of responsible parenthood; 2) roles of responsible parents; 3) importance of responsible parenthood in national development.
6 Traffic Regulations
1) meaning of traffic regulations; 2) traffic regulation and its importance in the society; 3) the roles of the individual and government in maintaining traffic regulations.
7 Inter- Personal Relationships 1) meaning of inter-personal relationships; 2) types of interpersonal relationships; 3) skills that promotes interpersonal relationships; 4) meaning of inter communal relationships; 5) importance of inter communal relationships; 6) meaning of inter-communal conflicts. 7) skills for resolving inter-communal conflicts.
SECTION B: EMERGING ISSUES IN THE SOCIETY
- How To Do Correction Of Name and DOB in Waec Result
- Top 10 secrets of Bright students
- Top reasons why you may fail JAMB 2019 and how to avoid them
- Requirements to study law in any Nigerian University
- Updated list of all federal Universities in Nigeria
1) meaning and origin of cultism; 2) different cult groups in Nigeria and their symbols; 3) reasons for cultism; 4) consequences of cultism; 5) ways of preventing cultism in the society.
9 Drugs and Drug Abuse
1) meaning of drug abuse; 2) drugs that can be abused; 3) how drugs are abused; 4) symptoms of drug abuse; 5) behaviours of drug addicts; 6) ways of preventing drug abuse; 7) government agencies working to prevent drug abuse/trafficking and their activities; 8) laws against drug abuse.
10 Human Trafficking
1) meaning of human trafficking; 2) causes of human trafficking; 3) effects and consequences of human trafficking; 4) efforts of government and individuals in stopping human trafficking.
1) meaning of HIV/AIDS; 2) causes of HIV/AIDS; 3) symptoms and effects of HIV/AIDS; 4) prevention of HIV/AIDS; 5) stigmatization of people living with HIV/AIDS.
12 Youth Empowerment
1) meaning of youth empowerment; 2) youth empowerment skills; 3) importance and benefits of youth empowerment skills. 4) efforts of government towards youth empowerment.
SECTION C: GOVERNMENTAL SYSTEM AND PROCESSES
13 Structure and Functions of Government
1) meaning of government; 2) structure/tiers of government; 3) functions of government.
14 Democracy, Rule of Law and National Development
1) meaning, types, and features of democracy; 2) importance of democracy; 3) pillars of democracy; 4) problems of democracy; 5) meaning of rule of law; 6) features of rule of law; 7) importance of rule of law; 8) problems of rule of law; 9) meaning of national development; 10) how democracy and Rule of law promote national development- good governance, employment creation and poverty alleviation etc.
15 Political Apathy
1) meaning of political apathy; 2) causes of political apathy; 3) consequences of political apathy; 4) why leaders fail to protect the interests of their followers;
5) how leaders can protect the interests of their followers;
6) ways of discouraging political apathy.
16 Civil Society and Popular Participation
1) meaning of popular participation; 2) types of popular participation; 3) the need for popular participation in the society; 4) traditional and modern modes of popular participation; 5) achieving popular participation in politics; 6) meaning of civil society; 7) functions / need for civil society; 8) qualities / characteristics of civil society; i.e. accountability, fairness, justice, equity etc. 9) problems of civil society; i.e. bribery and corruption, inadequate funding, over bearing influence of foreign donors etc.
17 Public Service in Democracy
1) meaning of public service; 2) functions of public service; 3) problems of public service; 4) reasons for the shortcomings in the public service; 5) ways of improving the public service.
Suggested Reading List
Politics and Administration in Nigeria. Ibadan: Spectrum Books Ltd, 1986. by ADAMOLEKUN, L.
Principles and Practice of Public Administration in Nigeria. Ibadan: Spectrum Books Ltd, 2000. by ADEBAYO, A.
Elements of Politics. Lagos: Sam Iroanusi Publications, 1999 by ANIFOWOSE, R. & F. ENEMUO (eds)
The Substance of Politics, Eleventh Edition. Madras: Oxford University Press, 1975. by BANJI, K.
1999 Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria as Amended. Abuja: Federal Government Press, 2011. by FGN
Rage for Change, a Guide for Young Nigerians who Desire to Make a Difference. Lagos: Leap Africa, 2008. by LEAP AFRICA
Milestone Comprehensive Civic Education for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1 & 2. Owerri: Milestone Publishers Limited, 2012. by MENEKE, O.A. and NWEBO, I.
Citizenship Education and Nigerian Culture. Lagos: T-Excel Publishers, 2000. by NWAUBANI, O.O.
Reading on Campus Secret Acts. Ile-ife: O.A.U Press Ltd, 1997. by OGUNBAMERUN, O.A.
Reading on Campus Secret Acts. Ile-ife: O.A.U Press Ltd, 1997. by OKUNLOYE, R.W., et al
Reading on Campus Secret Acts. Ile-ife: O.A.U Press Ltd, 1997. by OLURODE, L. & O. SOYOMBO (eds)
Straight-Gate Civic Education for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1 & 2. Ibadan: Straight-Gate Publishers Ltd, 2012. Government For Senior Secondary Schools. Lagos: Longman Nig Ltd, 1990. by ONI, E.O., et al
Introduction to Political Science. Ibadan: Oyediran Consults International, 1998. by OYEDIRAN, O., et al.
HIV/AIDS: Hope in the Midst of Despair. Lagos: Megarona (West Africa) Ltd, 2005. by OYEDIRAN, O.
Basic Civic Education for Senior Secondary Schools, SS 2. Owerri: Maybiks Nigeria Publisher. by TANYA, R.H.
Basic Civic Education for Senior Secondary Schools, SS 2. Owerri: Maybiks Nigeria Publisher. by UKEGBU, M.N., et al.
Human Right: the International Bill of Human Rights. New York: United Nations Organization, 1993
Reading on Campus Secret Acts. Ile-ife: O.A.U Press Ltd, 1997. by UNO
Civic Education for Senior Secondary, Books 1, 2 & 3, UBE Edition. Lagos: Learn Africa PLC, 2011.
Readings in Campus Violence. Lagos: John West Publications Ltd, 2004.APPADORAI A.
You Can The PDF file Below
Download the PDF file by clicking Here
That’s the much we can take on the topic “NECO Syllabus For Civic Education 2020/2021 | Download NECO Syllabus PDF Here“.
Thanks For Reading