Table Of Interest
- 1 IMSU Cut Off Marks 2021/2022 | IMSU 2021 JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic “IMSU Cut Off Marks 2021/2022 | IMSU 2021 JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks”.
This has become necessary as several students and aspirants who put in for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination for the 2021/2022 academic session for IMSU have been asking different questions pertaining the departmental and faculty cut off point.
However, if you are among those that have been asking questions and searching for [imsu cut off mark for mass communication, imsu cut off mark for nursing, imsu cut off mark for law 2021, imsu cut off mark 2021/2022, imsu departmental cut off mark 2021/2022, imsu cut off mark for medicine and surgery 2021/2022, imo state university cut off mark for jamb, imo state university cut off mark 2021,IMSU Cut Off Marks 2021/2022 | JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks], then you are not alone.
Nevertheless, do not panic because o3schools.com got you covered and you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog.
- 7 Best Ways To Overcome Examination Fear
- How To Manage Exam Stress Effectively
- When and How to cram | Effective Cramming Methods That Stick
- 7 Deadly mistakes undergraduates make and why you should avoid them.
Am sure by now, you should have understood that there are certain requirements you must meet before you can be considered for admission into the Imo State University to study any course of your choices such as Law, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy and the likes.
Anyway, one of these requirements includes beating the required departmental and faculty cut off mark for the year in view. However, it is generally advisable to carefully study and very high above the cut off point/mark to be on the safer side.
You want to know what cut off mark means?, don’t worry, I will explain in a way you will understand.
Cut off mark simply means a certain mark which candidates are expected not to score below if they want to be admitted for the particular year in view.
For example, if IMSU sets its JAMB cut off mark as 300, then any student who scores below 300 should automatically start thinking of other options.
Generally, in cut off marks, you are expected to score above or get the exact cut off mark but you will agree with me that it is risky hanging on a knife’s edge.
I hope you now quite understand what cut off mark means right?
IMSU is one of the top tertiary institutions in Nigeria and they try to maintain a certain standard. It is often said that if you cannot improve on the existing standard, keep the standard the way you found it. There is no way IMSU will decide to beat their cut off mark down below their minimum cut off mark.
Therefore, if you an aspirant of IMSU and you scored 180 and above, then you are in safe hands.
The minimum JAMB score requirement for IMSU is 180 and you are expected to beat this cut off mark far above it so that your chances of getting admitted will increase.
This is because any school will want to will not be admitted those who scored 180 first when there are other students that scored 250.
Only candidates who chose Imo State University as their first choice in the 2020/2021 UTME Application and scored 180 and above are eligible for the post UTME screening exercise.
In conclusion, if you want to be on the safe side, try to beat the cut off mark far above the normal cut off mark.
- Study Abroad In Canada | See Top 10 scholarships To Study Abroad In Canada
- International Masters Scholarship at the University Of Oulu
- Fully funded Singapore International Scholarship
- Fully Funded Duke University International scholarship
- Kings College London International Scholarship
The following are the cut off marks for each of the faculties present In IMSU.
- Library and Information Science – 206
- Guidance and Counselling – 182
- Mechanical Engineering – 221
- Food Science and Technology – 200
- Education and Psychology – 193
- Education and Mathematics – 186
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering – 229
- Civil Engineering – 220
- Education and Geophysics – 186
- Education and FIne and Applied Arts – 194
- Agricultural Engineering – 180
- Zoology – 257
- Education and Economics – 208
- Education and Accounting – 182
- Statistics – 182
- Physics – 192
- Educational Foundation – 182
- Educational Administration – 190
- Microbiology/Industrial Microbiology – 245
- Industrial Physics – 191
- Computer Science – 238
- Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry – 207
- Biochemistry – 230
- Botany – 189
- Psychology – 214
- Political Science – 240
- Geography and Environmental Management – 188
- Mass Communication – 237
- Economics – 233
- Soil Science and Biotechnology – 198
- Crop Science and BioTechnology – 183
- Animal Science and Fisheries – 181
- Agricultural Economics and Extension – 182
- Religious Studies – 180
- Philosophy – 188
- Igbo and Linguistics – 188
- History and International Studies – 220
- Urban and Regional Planning – 87
- Quantity Surveying – 191
- Land Surveying – 192
- Fine and Applied Arts – 184
- Surveying and Geoinformatics – 180
- Building – 190
- Architecture – 220
- Nutrition and Dietetics – 202
- Nursing Science – 205
- Biochemistry – 230
- Medical Laboratory Science – 200
- Optometry – 249
- Accountancy – 236
- Marketing- 215
- Management – 220
- Insurance – 192
- Banking and Finance – 229
- Dangote’s Top Secrets Of Success
- How to remember anything you have read
- How to study effectively and efficiently
After seeing all of IMSU’s departmental cut off marks for the year 2021/2022, the next important question to ask is How IMSU do their screening.
Basically, the Imo State University, Owerri does its admission screening in two phases.
The first phase involves aspirants who applied to study in IMSU proceeding for the pre-screening exercise immediately it is being announced.
Usually, during this first phase, only two major documents are needed i.e SSCE Result and JAMB Registration print out.
However, as a note of warning, all candidates are advised to go their pre-screening venues or centers 30 minutes before time to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Finally, the second phase then comes along immediately you have been admitted into IMSU to study any choice of course. However, at the second phase, you need to do proper screening and the documents usually needed include;
Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
Certificate of Local Government of Origin
Original copies of your credentials (certificates and statements of result)
Letter of good conduct from your village head or any responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below grade level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
Thanks For Reading
However, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to drop them in the comment box.
Please don’t forget to share this.