Table Of Interest
- 1 Updated List Of Courses Offered In ABU Zaria | ABU Zaria Requirements
- 1.1 Entry Requirements For Nursing Science
- 1.2 About ABU Zaria (Ahmadu Bello University)
- 1.3 Evolution of The Universty
- 1.4 Updated List Of Courses Offered In ABU Zaria
- 1.5 ABU Zaria RELATED POSTS
Today, you and I will quickly take a look at the topic List Of Courses Offered In ABU Zaria.
SCORE 350+ In JAMB 2022 Download and Install JAMB CBT APP NOW for practice. CLICK HERE
Message O8132420817 on Whatsapp for more info on How to Activate After Installing
Your success is directly proportional to your smart work and Hard Work
This has become very important because students aspiring to attend a federal institution always ask for complete detail about any school.
O3schools is here to make life very easy for every Nigeria Student.
If you have been searching for [ABU Zaria University Direct entry, ABU Zaria Courses and Cut Off mark, Ahmadu Belo University Postgraduate Courses, ABU Zaria Faculty of Education courses, ahmadu Bellow University Zaria school fees, ABU zaria Diploma courses, ABU Zaria course registration, ABU Zaria Cut off mark, List Of Courses Offered In ABU Zaria] then you are not alone.
Recommended:- List Of All Courses Offered In Nigerian Universities
But today, you will get all that you are searching for right here at 03schools.com.
Although I may not be completely able to deal with all these search terms but of courses you will see them in other articles.
Before we discuss about the list of courses offered in ABU ZARIA, lets quickly see some history about ABU zaria.
Entry Requirements For College Of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Medicine offers courses of instruction leading to the award of the degree MBBS degree. Candidates for admission into the program must have Obtained the following qualifications:
- Passes at credits level in at least 5 Ordinary Level subjects including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English Language.
- Candidates entering into 100 level from School of Basic and Remedial Studies (SBRS) of ABU must in addition to the general O’Level requirements, have a good CGPA and must have at least a C grade in the pre-requisite subjects (Biology, Chemistry and Physics).
- Candidates seeking direct entry to 200 levels must have passed at I A/Level subjects in Biology Chemistry and Physic together with 5 O/level passes at credit level (including Biology, Chemistry, Physiology, English Language and Mathematics).
- Qualification equivalent to (A) and (C) above such as London GCE O/Level and A/Level, Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMB).
Entry Requirements For Nursing Science
Admission Requirement For B.Sc. Programme
To be admitted to the B N Sc degree course, candidates must have satisfied the prescribed minimum conditions of the university for admission to the degree course and fulfill the requirements of direct entry or University Matriculation Examination (U.M.E).
U.M.E ENTRY QUALIFICATION
Candidates holding the general certificate of education ordinary level or SSCE with credit in at least five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry at not more than two sittings, in addition to satisfying appropriate grade or pass in the Joint Matriculation Examination
(A) DIRECT ENTRY
(i) Candidates holding General Certificate of Education Advanced level (or approve equivalent) with good grades in Biology or Zoology, Chemistry and Physics plus a minimum of (5) five credits at ordinary level WASC, G.C.E or SSCE including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings. ii) Registered Nurse Certificate and five credits at ordinary level G.C.E or SSCE which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings. Any post-basic nursing diploma is just an added advantage.
(B)DURATION OF COURSE
The duration of the B.N.Sc degree course is (5) five years for U.M.E qualified candidates and (4) four years for Direct Entry candidates.
To graduate a UME candidate must earn at least 150 credit units while a direct entry candidate must earn at least 120 credit units. After successfully completing the requirement of the 4 or 5 years course of study and obtaining a pass in all the specified examination for the B.N.Sc degree by the relevant university and shall be eligible for application to the Nursing and midwifery council of Nigerian to seek license for practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) and Registered Midwife (RM). Subject to sitting for and passing the professional registration examination of N&MCN.
About ABU Zaria (Ahmadu Bello University)
The establishment of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) began in 1961 following the recommendation of the Ashby Commission on “Post-School Certificate and Higher Education in Nigeria”.
A Law establishing a Provisional Council for the University was passed by the Legislature of Northern Nigeria in April while the Council itself was constituted in November, 1961, under the Chairmanship of the Hon. Shettima Kashim, CBE, who later became Sir Kashim Ibrahim KCMG, CBE.
Sir Norman Stanley Alexander, a New Zealander and a Professor of Physics at the University College, Ibadan, was appointed the First Principal, later Vice-Chancellor, of the University in July and he assumed office in November, 1961.
Ahmadu Bello University began full operation in 1962, on the cites of these educational institutions: the defunct Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology, founded in 1955; the Clerical Training Centre, Kongo, founded in 1957; the Samaru Agricultural Research Station, established in Â 1924, and the Shika Livestock Farm, started in 1928.
The University was named after SirAhmadu Bello (1901-1966), “the Sardauna of Sokoto” and the Premier of Northern Nigeria. As the first Chancellor of the’ University, Sir Ahmadu Bello performed its Opening Ceremony on the 4th of October, 1962.
In 1975, the University was taken over by the Federal Government through a Decree (the Ahmadu Bello University [Transitional] Provisions Decree of 1975), thus becoming a Federal University.
Evolution of The Universty
Ahmadu Bello University began with the faculties of Agriculture, Engineering, Law and Sciences, fifteen academic departments and 426 students.
The University increased in size and scope under the successive Vice-Chancellorships of the late Professor Norman Alexander (1961-1966), the late Professor Ishaya Audu (1966-1975), Professor Iya Abubakar (1975-1978), Professor Oladipo Akinkugbe (1978-1979), Professor Ango Abdullahi (1979- 1986) Â the late Professor Adamu Nayaya Mohammed (1986:-1991), Professor Daniel Saror (1991-1995), the Sole Administrator, Major General Mamman Kontagora (rtd) (1995-1998) , Â Professor Abdullahi Mahadi (1999-2004), Professor Shehu Usman Abdullahi (2004-2009), Professor Jarlath U. Umoh (2009), Professor Aliyu (2009-2010) and Professor Abdullahi Mustapha (2010 to 2015) and Professor Ibrahim Garba (2015 to date).
As a result of its rapid growth, the University has been transformed into the largest and the most extensive of all the universities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The University covers a land area of about 7,000 hectares and encompasses two campuses, twelve Faculties, a Postgraduate School and 82 academic departments.
It also has five Institutes, six Specialized Centers, a Division of Agricultural Colleges, a School of Basic and Remedial Studies, a Demonstration Secondary School, a Primary School and a Consultancy Outfit which .provides a variety of services to the University and the wider society.
The total student enrolment in the University’s degree and sub-degree programmes is about 35,000, drawn from every State of the Federation, Africa and the rest of the world.
Currently, the University has about 1,400 academic and research staff and over 6000 non-teaching, senior and junior administrative staff.
The University has also nurtured two University Colleges, – the Abdullahi Bayero College (now Bayero University), Kano and the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa College (now Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University of Technology), Bauchi, while 27 institutions made up of Colleges of Education, Polytechnics and Schools of Basic or Preliminary Studies are currently affiliated to it.
ABU Zaria as it is often and popularly called was founded in the year 1962.
It is located in Zaria, Kaduna State in Nigeria hence the reason why it is called ABU Zaria.
ABU Zaria boasts over 13 professors and have had so many notable alumni’s.
It is also worthy of note that the university has two campuses which are SAMARU and Kongo .
The Samaru Campus is the main campus and it contains the following faculties
Furthermore, the Kongo campus houses the following other faculties
It is very imperative to note that ABU Zaria runs a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs coupled with the fact that ABU Zaria has its own ABU Teaching hospital which is about the largest in Nigeria and Africa at large.
Without wasting much time, lets head to the topic Updated List Of Courses Offered In ABU Zaria
Updated List Of Courses Offered In ABU Zaria
The ABU has grown to become the largest, and the most influential and diverse university in Nigeria. Consisting of eighty-two (82) Academic Departments, twelve (12) Faculties, and twelve (12) Research Institutes and Specialized Centres, the University offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in such diverse fields as Agriculture, Public and Business Administration, Engineering, Environmental Design, Education, Biological and Physical Sciences, Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, the Humanities, Law and Social Sciences
L G & Development Studies
Agric Econs & Rural Sociology
African Languages and Cultures
Theatre & Performing Art
Arts and Social Science Education Educational Foundation & Curriculum
Educational Psychology & Counselling
Library and Information Science
Physical and Health Education
Vocational and Technical Education
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Water Resources & Environmental Engineering
Haematology and Blood Transfusion
Obsterics and Gynecology
Pathology (Morbid Anatomy)
Traumatic and Orthopeadic Surgery
Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacy Practice
Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry
Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Microbiology
Pharmacognosy & Drug Development
Pharmacology and Therapeutics
Textile Science & Technology
Theriogenology and Production
Veterinary Parasitology and Entomology
Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology
Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
Veterinary Surgery and Medicine
- How To Graduate With At Least A Second Class Upper
- 15 proven ways To Prevent Sleep While Studying
- How To Understand and Pass Difficult Courses
- Top 10 ways To Have Fun and Get Good Grades
Therefore, if you have been searching for a particular course to study in ABU Zaria, this will help a great deal
Read Also:- How To Study effectively and Effiiciently
Highly Recommended:- 7 Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make
Read Here:- 6 Top Signs Of A Wasted University Education
These are the complete Updated List Of Courses Offered In ABU Zaria.
However, I know you might have questions and not be totally clear about some things said here.
Therefore, don’t hesitate to use the comment box to ask whatever question you have in Mind.
That’s the much I can take on the topic Updated List Of Courses Offered In ABU Zaria | ABU Zaria Requirements.
If you want to always get updated on anything about ABU Zaria, don’t hesitate also to drop your phone number and email or subscribe to our channel.
Thanks For reading
Please Remember That SHARING is CARING.
- ABU Zaria Direct Entry Screening Form 2020/2021 Out | https://abu.edu.ng/
- ABU Zaria IJMB & Remedial Admission Forms 2020/2021 Out | Apply Now
- ABU Zaria Postgraduate Admission Form 2020/2021 Out | How To Apply Easily
- ABU Zaria Postgraduate School Fees 2020/2021 | ABU Zaria Postgraduate Fees Breakdown
- ABU Zaria Postgraduate Courses 2020/2021 | ABU Zaria PG School Fees 2020
- ABU Zaria Post UTME Result 2020/2021 | How To Check ABU Zaria Post UTME Result Easily
- ABU Zaria Post UTME Form 2020/2021 Is Out Online, abu.edu.ng | ABU Latest News
- ABU Zaria Admission List 2020/2021 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Batch & Supplementary List Out
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria 2020/2021 Academic Calendar |Resumption Date For Freshers
- ABU Zaria Remedial & Basic Studies (IJMB) Admission List 2020/2021 Released | Check Status
- ABU Zaria Postgraduate Admission List 2020/2021 Released | ABU PG List PDF 2020/21
- Ahmadu Bello University ABU Zaria Diploma Programme Admission Form 2020/2021
- ABU Zaria Distance Learning School Fees 2020/2021
- ABU Zaria Distance Learning Centre Academic Calendar 2020/2021
- ABU Zaria IJMB & Remedial Admission Forms 2020/2021 Out | Apply Now
- ABU Zaria Distance Learning Courses 2020/2021 | ABU Zaria DLC Courses
- ABU Zaria Post UTME Past Questions, PDf’s & Answers | 2020/2021 ABU Zaria Post UTME Exam Focus
- ABU Zaria Acceptance Fees 2020/2021 | ABU Zaria Acceptance Fees Portal 2020 & Guidelines
- ABU Zaria Remedial & Basic Studies (IJMB) Academic Calendar 220/2021 | ABU Latest News
- ABU ZARIA School Fees Schedule 2020/2021 For Freshers & Returning Students | ABU Latest News
- Updated List Of Courses Offered In ABU Zaria 2020/2021 | 2020 ABU Zaria Requirements
- Ahmadu Bello University ABU IAIICT Diploma Admission List 2020/2021
- ABU Diploma Admission List 2020/2021
- ABUTH Admission Forms 2020/2021 For Nursing & Health Programmes