Table Of Interest
- 1 FUTO Cut Off Mark 2019/2020 | FUTO 2019 Departmental & JAMB Cut Off Marks
- 1.1 FUTO Cut Off Mark 2019/2020
- 1.2 Table Of Content
- 1.3 What Does Cut off Mark Really Mean?
- 1.4 FUTO Minimum JAMB Score Requirement To Get admitted In 2019
- 1.5 FUTO Departmental Cut off Mark
- 1.6 How Does FUTO do their Screening?
- 1.7 Where Is FUTO Located In Owerri?
Today, you and I will quickly look at the topic of great importance tagged “FUTO Cut Off Mark 2019/2020 | FUTO 2019 Departmental & JAMB Cut Off Marks “.
This has become necessary as several students and aspirants who put in for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination for the 2019/2020 academic session for FUTO have been asking different questions pertaining the departmental and faculty cut off point.
However, if you are among those who have been searching for [futo departmental cut off mark 2019/20, futo departmental cut off mark 2019/20, futo supplementary cut off mark, federal university of technology Owerri futo admission list, courses offered in futo university, is futo departmental cut off mark 2019 out, futo university school fees, how to calculate futo screening score, FUTO Cut Off Mark 2019/2020 | Departmental & JAMB Cut Off Marks ], then you are not alone.
Nevertheless, do not panic because o3schools.com got you covered and you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog.
- 7 Best Ways To Overcome Examination Fear
- How To Manage Exam Stress Effectively
- When and How to cram | Effective Cramming Methods That Stick
- 7 Deadly mistakes undergraduates make and why you should avoid them.
Am sure by now, you should have understood that there are certain requirements you must meet before you can be considered for admission into theFederal University of Technology, Owerri. to study any course of your choices such as Law, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy and the likes.
Anyway, one of these requirements includes beating the required departmental and faculty cut off mark for the year in view. However, it is generally advisable to carefully study and very high above the cut off point/mark to be on the safer side.
Well, we will dabble into this topic of interest under the following headings;
Without further ado, lets hit the road immediately.
You want to know what cut off mark means?, don’t worry, I will explain in a way you will understand.
Cut off mark simply means a certain mark which candidates are expected not to score below if they want to be admitted for the particular year in view.
For example, if FUTO sets its JAMB cut off mark as 300, then any student who scores below 300 should automatically start thinking of other options.
Generally, in cut off marks, you are expected to score above or get the exact cut off mark but you will agree with me that it is risky hanging on a knife’s edge.
I hope you now quite understand what cut off mark means right?
- Exxon-mobil Undergraduate 2019/2020
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarships 2019/2020
- NNPC / ADDAX Nigerian Undergraduate Scholarships 2019/2020
- SNEPco National Merit University Award Scheme 2019/2020
- Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Undergraduate Scholarships 2019/2020
- Shell Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2019/2020
- Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Graduates and Undergraduates 2019/2020
- NPDC/SEPLAT Undergraduate Scholarship Awards 2019/2020
- Nigeria LNG Undergraduate Scholarship Award 2019/2020
- Fulbright Scholarship Program for Nigerians 2019/2020
- MTN Foundation Scholarships 2019/2020 for Nigerian Students
- SEOF Scholarship For Secondary, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students 2019/2020
- Nigeria Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) Undergraduate Female Students Scholarship 2019/2020
- APM Terminals Scholarship & Internship for Undergraduates 2019/2020
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme For Young Nigerians 2019/2020
- Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship 2019/2020
- David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships For African Students 2019/2020
FUTO is one of the top tertiary institutions in Nigeria and they try to maintain a certain standard. It is often said that if you cannot improve on the existing standard, keep the standard the way you found it. There is no way FUTO will decide to beat their cut off mark down below their minimum cut off mark.
Therefore, if you an aspirant of FUTO and you scored 180 and above, then you are in safe hands.
The minimum JAMB score requirement for FUTO is 180 and you are expected to beat this cut off mark far above it so that your chances of getting admitted will increase.
This is because any school will want to will not be admitted those who scored 180 first when there are other students that scored 250.
In conclusion, if you want to be on the safe side, try to beat the cut off mark far above the normal cut off mark.
- Study Abroad In Canada | See Top 10 scholarships To Study Abroad In Canada
- 2018 International Masters Scholarship at the University Of Oulu
- Fully funded Singapore International Scholarship 2019
- Fully Funded Duke University International scholarship 2019
- Kings College London International Scholarship
Like I have earlier stressed, the general cut off mark is 180 but however, some courses/departments are quite higher than that. Nonetheless, see the exceptions below;
Biochemistry has a cutoff mark of 190, Optometry and Chemical Engineering have cut off mark of 200, Information Management Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Petroleum Engineering have a cut off of 210 and finally, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical/Electronics Engineering have a cut off mark of 220. This means
all other courses except this one listed have cut off marks of 180.
- Dangote’s Top Secrets Of Success
- How to remember anything you have read
- How to study effectively and efficiently
After seeing all of FUTO’s departmental cut off marks for the year 2019/2020, the next important question to ask is How FUTO do their screening.
Basically, the Federal University of Technology, Owerri does its admission screening in two phases.
The first phase involves aspirants who applied to study in FUTO proceeding for the pre-screening exercise immediately it is being announced.
Usually, during this first phase, only two major documents are needed i.e SSCE Result and JAMB Registration print out.
However, as a note of warning, all candidates are advised to go their pre-screening venues or centers 30 minutes before time to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Finally, the second phase then comes along immediately you have been admitted into FUTO to study any choice of course. However, at the second phase, you need to do proper screening and the documents usually needed include;
Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
Certificate of Local Government of Origin
Original copies of your credentials (certificates and statements of result)
Letter of good conduct from your village head or any responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below grade level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
Thanks For Reading
However, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to drop them in the comment box.
Please don’t forget to share this.