Table Of Interest
- 1 KSU Cut Off Marks 2020/2021 | JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks
- 1.1 KSU Cut Off Mark 2020/2021
- 1.2 What Does Cut off Mark Really Mean?
- 1.3 KSU Minimum JAMB Score requirement to get admitted In 2020
- 1.4 KSU Merit Cut of Mark For Each Faculty
- 1.5 How Does KSU do their Screening?
- 1.6 RELATED KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY POSTS
Today, you and I will quickly take a look at the topic “KSU Cut Off Marks 2020/2021 | JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks”.
This has become necessary as several students and aspirants who put in for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination for the 2018/2019 academic session for KSU have been asking different questions pertaining to the departmental and faculty cut off point.
However, if you are among those that have been searching for [ksu departmental cut off mark 2020/2021, cis ksu cut off mark out,cksu cut off mark 2020,ckogi state university cut off mark for courses,cpost utme cut off mark for kogi state university,ckogi state university cut off mark 2020,clatest news from ksu,cksu direct entry cut off mark 2020/2021, KSU Cut Off Marks 2020/2021| JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks], then you are obviously not alone in this race.
Nevertheless, do not panic because o3schools.com got you covered and you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog.
KSU Cut Off Mark 2020/2021
- 7 Best Ways To Overcome Examination Fear
- How To Manage Exam Stress Effectively
- When and How to cram | Effective Cramming Methods That Stick
- 7 Deadly mistakes undergraduates make and why you should avoid them.
Am sure by now, you should have understood that there are certain requirements you must meet before you can be considered for admission into the Kogi State University to study any course of your choices such as Law, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy and the likes.
Anyway, one of these requirements includes beating the required departmental and faculty cut off mark for the year in view. However, it is generally advisable to carefully study and very high above the cut off point/mark to be on the safer side.
What Does Cut off Mark Really Mean?
You want to know what cut off mark means?, don’t worry, I will explain in a way you will understand.
Cut off mark simply means a certain mark which candidates are expected not to score below if they want to be admitted for the particular year in view.
For example, if KSU sets its JAMB cut off mark as 300, then any student who scores below 300 should automatically start thinking of other options.
Generally, in cut off marks, you are expected to score above or get the exact cut off mark but you will agree with me that it is risky hanging on a knife’s edge.
I hope you now quite understand what cut off mark means right?
KSU Minimum JAMB Score requirement to get admitted In 2020
KSU is one of the top tertiary institutions in Nigeria and they try to maintain a certain standard. It is often said that if you cannot improve on the existing standard, keep the standard the way you found it. There is no way KSU will decide to beat their cut off mark down below their minimum cut off mark.
Therefore, if you an aspirant of KSU and you scored 180 and above, then you are in safe hands.
The minimum JAMB score requirement for KSU is 180 and you are expected to beat this cut off mark far above it so that your chances of getting admitted will increase.
This is because any school will want to will not be admitted those who scored 180 first when there are other students that scored 250.
In conclusion, if you want to be on the safe side, try to beat the cut off mark far above the normal cut off mark.
KSU Merit Cut of Mark For Each Faculty
Post UTME Cut-Off Mark:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Agriculture 40
- Home science 40
- Food science 45
- Fishery and aquaculture 40
- Arts and humanities
- English and literary stu. 47
- CRS. 40
- History and international stu 45
- Islamic studies. 40
- Philosophy 40
- Theater arts 43
- Faculty of education
- Edu/Eng. 42
- Edu/CRS 40
- Edu/biology. 42
- Edu/Geography. 40
- Edu/Economic. 40
- Edu/Islamic. 40
- Edu/ social studies. 40
- Library and information sci. 45
- Faculty of Law
- Common Law. 66
- Faculty of management science
- Accounting. 43
- Banking and finance. 46
- Business administration. 42
- Public administration. 43
- Faculty of natural sciences
- Biochemistry. 53
- Chemistry. 44
- Computer science. 45
- Geology. 44
- Industrial chemistry. 65
- Mathematics. 40
- Statistics 40
- Physics. 40
- Faculty of social sciences
- Economics. 41
- Geography and environ. Sci. 41
- Mass communication. 51
- Political science. 46
- Sociology. 50
- Study Abroad In Canada | See Top 10 scholarships To Study Abroad In Canada
- 2018 International Masters Scholarship at the University Of Oulu
- Fully funded Singapore International Scholarship 2020
- Fully Funded Duke University International scholarship 2020
- Kings College London International Scholarship
The following are the cut off marks for each of the faculties present In KSU
Only candidates with UTME Score of 160 and above and with requisite minimum of Five (5) O’Level Credit Passes in the relevant subjects are eligible to attend KSU post UTME Screening Exercise.
|S/NO||PROGRAMME||CUT OFF MARK|
|2.||Food Science and Technology||170|
|3.||Fisheries and Aquaculture||160|
ARTS AND HUMANITIES
|1||Arabic Language and Literature||160|
|2||Christian Religious Studies||160|
|3||English and Literary Studies||160|
|4||History and International Studies||160|
|1||Education/Christian Religious Studies||160|
|11||Library and Information Science||160|
|12||Education/ Social Studies||160|
|2||Banking and Finance||160|
|1||Animal and Environmental Biology||160|
|9||Plant Sciences and Biotechnology||160|
|2||Geography and Planning||160|
- Candidates who did not meet up with the requirements of the courses they applied for are advised to effect change of course on www.jamb.org.ng as appropriate. (JAMB course combination for every course must be put into consideration)
- Candidates are strongly advised to upload their O’level results on JAMB portal
- Candidates are to note that a date for the sales of KSU Post UTME Screening forms will be announced and published on kogistateuniversity.edu.ng with the mode of payment duly outlined.
- In case of any enquiry/assistance where necessary, candidates are to send their emails to [email protected] (Ensure to quote your JAMB Reg. No. in all mails)
- Candidates must have valid phone numbers and E-mail address before starting the application procedure.
How Does KSU do their Screening?
- Dangote’s Top Secrets Of Success
- How to remember anything you have read
- How to study effectively and efficiently
After seeing all of KSU’s departmental cut off marks for the year 2020/2021, the next important question to ask is How KSU do their screening.
Basically, the Kogi State University does its admission screening in two phases.
The first phase involves aspirants who applied to study in KSU proceeding for the pre-screening exercise immediately it is being announced.
Usually, during this first phase, only two major documents are needed i.e SSCE Result and JAMB Registration print out.
However, as a note of warning, all candidates are advised to go their pre-screening venues or centers 30 minutes before time to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Finally, the second phase then comes along immediately you have been admitted into KSU to study any choice of course. However, at the second phase, you need to do proper screening and the documents usually needed include;
Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
Certificate of Local Government of Origin
Original copies of your credentials (certificates and statements of result)
Letter of good conduct from your village head or any responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below grade level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
That’s the much I can take on the topic “KSU Cut Off Marks 2020/2021 | JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks”
Thanks For Reading
However, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to drop them in the comment box.
Please don’t forget to share this.
RELATED KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY POSTS