Table Of Interest
- 1 UI Cut Off Marks 2020/2021 | UI JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks
- 1.1 UI Cut Off Mark 2020/2021
- 1.2 What Does Cut off Mark Really Mean?
- 1.3 UI Minimum JAMB Score Requirement To Get Admitted In 2020
- 1.4 UI Merit Cut of Mark For Each Faculty
- 1.5 Departmental CUT OFF
- 1.6 AGGREGATE CUT OFF
- 1.7 How Does UI do their Screening?
- 1.8 How Do I Calculate UI Aggregate Score?
- 1.9 See Other UI Articles Others Are Reading
This has become necessary as several students and aspirants who put in for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination for the 2020/2021 academic session for UI have been asking different questions pertaining to the departmental and faculty cut off point.
However, if you are among those who have been searching for [how to calculate ui cut off mark, ui departmental cut off mark 2020/2021, ui 2020/20 cut off mark, university of ibadan jamb cut off mark, university of ibadan cut off mark for jamb 2019, ui cut off mark for all courses 2020, university of ibadan cut off mark 2020/2021, ui cut off mark 2020/2021, UI Cut Off Marks | UI JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks], then you are not alone.
Nevertheless, do not panic because o3schools.com got you covered and you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog.
- 7 Best Ways To Overcome Examination Fear
- How To Manage Exam Stress Effectively
- When and How to cram | Effective Cramming Methods That Stick
- 7 Deadly mistakes undergraduates make and why you should avoid them.
Am sure by now, you should have understood that there are certain requirements you must meet before you can be considered for admission into the University of Ibadan to study any course of your choices such as Law, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy and the likes.
Anyway, one of these requirements includes beating the required departmental and faculty cut off mark for the year in view. However, it is generally advisable to carefully study and very high above the cut off point/mark to be on the safer side.
What Does Cut off Mark Really Mean?
You want to know what cut off mark means?, don’t worry, I will explain in a way you will understand.
Cut off mark simply means a certain mark which candidates are expected not to score below if they want to be admitted for the particular year in view.
For example, if UI sets its JAMB cut off mark as 300, then any student who scores below 300 should automatically start thinking of other options.
Generally, in cut off marks, you are expected to score above or get the exact cut off mark but you will agree with me that it is risky hanging on a knife’s edge.
I hope you now quite understand what cut off mark means right?
UI is one of the top tertiary institutions in Nigeria and they try to maintain a certain standard. It is often said that if you cannot improve on the existing standard, keep the standard the way you found it. There is no way UI will decide to beat their cut off mark down below their minimum cut off mark.
Therefore, if you an aspirant of UI and you scored 180 and above, then you are in safe hands.
The minimum JAMB score requirement for UI is 180 and you are expected to beat this cut off mark far above it so that your chances of getting admitted will increase.
This is because any school will want to will not be admitted to those who scored 180 first when there are other students that scored 250.
In conclusion, if you want to be on the safe side, try to beat the cut off mark far above the normal cut off mark.
- Study Abroad In Canada | See Top 10 scholarships To Study Abroad In Canada
- 2018 International Masters Scholarship at the University Of Oulu
- Fully funded Singapore International Scholarship 2020
- Fully Funded Duke University International scholarship 2020
- Kings College London International Scholarship
The following are the cut off marks for each of the faculties/departments present In UI
|AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT||52.62||–|
|ARABIC LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE||58.12||–|
|COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE ARTS||66.0||64.12|
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE||65.5||64.37|
|EUROPEAN STUDIES – FRENCH||60.0||58.87|
|EUROPEAN STUDIES – GERMAN||55.5||–|
|EUROPEAN STUDIES – RUSSIAN||55.0||–|
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
|ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCE||60.25||–|
|HUMAN NUTRITION AND DIETETICS||61.87||60.62|
|MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE||70.12||69.12|
MEDICINE AND SURGERY
|EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION||51.25||–|
|EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATION & LANGUAGE ARTS||61.75||61.62|
|GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING||56.37||54.25|
|LIBRARY, ARCHIVAL AND INFORMATION STUDIES||57.0||53.62|
RENEWABLE NATURAL RESOURCES
|ECOTOURISM AND AQUACULTURE||52.62||–|
|SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL FORESTRY||50.0||–|
|WILDLIFE AND ECOTOURISM MANAGEMENT||54.62||51.87|
ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT
THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
|AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING||51.75||–|
|ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING||68.25||65.62|
|INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERING||57.5||–|
|WOOD PRODUCTS ENGINEERING||51.75||–|
Departmental CUT OFF
AGGREGATE CUT OFF
Remember: AGGREGATE SCORE = ( ( JAMB SCORE ) / 8) + (PUTME SCORE / 2 ). i.e. If your jamb score is 200 and post utme score is 50, then your aggregate score will be 50.
- Dangote’s Top Secrets Of Success
- How to remember anything you have read
- How to study effectively and efficiently
After seeing all of UI’s departmental cut off marks for the year 2020/2021, the next important question to ask is How UI do their screening.
Basically, the University of Ibadan does its admission screening in two phases.
The first phase involves aspirants who applied to study in UI proceeding for the pre-screening exercise immediately it is being announced.
Usually, during this first phase, only two major documents are needed i.e SSCE Result and JAMB Registration print out.
However, as a note of warning, all candidates are advised to go their pre-screening venues or centers 30 minutes before time to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Finally, the second phase then comes along immediately you have been admitted into UI to study any choice of course. However, at the second phase, you need to do proper screening and the documents usually needed include;
Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
Certificate of Local Government of Origin
Original copies of your credentials (certificates and statements of result)
Letter of good conduct from your village head or any responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below grade level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
Well to calculate your aggregate so you will know where you fall into properly, you can use the method below.
It is worthy to note at this stage that your performance at O’level, UTME and Post-UTME are used for the final calculation.
Usually, all you need to do is divide your JAMB score by 8 and divide your Post UTME score by 2. Then you are expected to add them together.
If after doing this, your score falls below 50, then forget admission for that year in view but you will be considered provided you pass 50%.
For Example, a student that Score 300 in JAMB and 80 in post UTME will have an aggregate of 77.5 which is way above the general cut off of 50 and will be automatically considered for admission for the year in view.
- Finally, read “Killer skills on how to get any undergraduate scholarship”
- Fully Funded Dangote Foundation Scholarship To Study Abroad
Thanks For Reading
However, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to drop them in the comment box.
Please don’t forget to share this.
- UI Direct Entry Admission Form 2020/2021 Out | See Application Details & Guide
- UI Business School Form 2020/2021 Out | See UI Business School Application Process
- UI Postgraduate Admission Form 2020 Out | See UI Application Guide Here
- UI Post UTME Result 2020/2021 | How To Check UI Post UTME Result
- University of Ibadan (UI) Post UTME Form 2020/2021 Is Out Online | Ui.edu.ng
- Updated University Of Ibadan (UI) Postgraduate Fees 2020/2021 | Fees Payable