Table Of Interest
- 1 EBSU Cut Off Marks 2021/2022 | EBSU 2021 JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks
Today, you and I will quickly take a look at the topic “EBSU Cut Off Marks 2021/2022 | EBSU 2021 JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks”.
This has become necessary as several students and aspirants who put in for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination for the 2021/2022 academic session for EBSU have been asking different questions pertaining the departmental and faculty cut off point.
However, if you are among those that have been searching for [ebsu departmental cut off mark for 2021/2022, ebsu cut off mark for 2021/2022, ebsu cut off mark for nursing, ebsu faculty cut off mark, ebsu 2021 departmental cut off mark, ebonyi state university cut off mark 2021, ebsu cutoff mark for medicine and surgery, ebsu post utme cut off mark 2021, EBSU Cut Off Marks 2021/2022 | JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks], then you are not alone.
Nevertheless, do not panic because o3schools.com got you covered and you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog.
- 7 Best Ways To Overcome Examination Fear
- How To Manage Exam Stress Effectively
- When and How to cram | Effective Cramming Methods That Stick
- 7 Deadly mistakes undergraduates make and why you should avoid them.
Am sure by now, you should have understood that there are certain requirements you must meet before you can be considered for admission into the Ebonyi State University to study any course of your choices such as Law, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy and the likes.
Anyway, one of these requirements includes beating the required departmental and faculty cut off mark for the year in view. However, it is generally advisable to carefully study and very high above the cut off point/mark to be on the safer side.
- Killer skills on how to get any undergraduate scholarship”
- Fully Funded Dangote Foundation Scholarship To Study Abroad
You want to know what cut off mark means?, don’t worry, I will explain in a way you will understand.
Cut off mark simply means a certain mark which candidates are expected not to score below if they want to be admitted for the particular year in view.
For example, if EBSU sets its JAMB cut off mark as 300, then any student who scores below 300 should automatically start thinking of other options.
Generally, in cut off marks, you are expected to score above or get the exact cut off mark but you will agree with me that it is risky hanging on a knife’s edge.
I hope you now quite understand what cut off mark means right?
EBSU is one of the top tertiary institutions in Nigeria and they try to maintain a certain standard. It is often said that if you cannot improve on the existing standard, keep the standard the way you found it. There is no way EBSU will decide to beat their cut off mark down below their minimum cut off mark.
Therefore, if you an aspirant of EBSU and you scored 180 and above, then you are in safe hands.
The minimum JAMB score requirement for EBSU is 180 and you are expected to beat this cut off mark far above it so that your chances of getting admitted will increase.
This is because any school will want to will not be admitted those who scored 180 first when there are other students that scored 250.
In conclusion, if you want to be on the safe side, try to beat the cut off mark far above the normal cut off mark.
- Study Abroad In Canada | See Top 10 scholarships To Study Abroad In Canada
- International Masters Scholarship at the University Of Oulu
- Fully funded Singapore International Scholarship
- Fully Funded Duke University International scholarship
- Kings College London International Scholarship
The following are the cut off marks for each of the faculties present In EBSU
EBSU Cut Off Marks.
The management of the Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki, has released the cut-off mark for the 2021/2022 academic session admission exercise.
Ebonyi State University Abakaliki (EBSU) general cut – off point for the 2019/2020 admission is 170 (one hundred and seventy) score in the JAMB/UTME. However, the minimum cut – off points required for admission/registration in the various programmes are: –
- Faculty of Medicine FMS)
- Medicine and Surgery – 250 and above
- Anatomy – 180 and above
- Physiology – 180 and above
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
- Nursing Science – 230 and above
- Medical Laboratory Science – 210 and above
- FACULTY OF LAW (FLAW)
- Civil Law – 230 and above
- FACULTY OF SCIENCES
- Biochemistry – 180 and above
- Applied Microbiology – 180 and above
- Applied Biology – 180 and above
- Biotechnology – 180 and above
- Computer Science – 190 and above
- Geology and Exploration/Geophysics – 180 and above
- Industrial Physics – 170 and above
- Industrial Chemistry – 170 and above
- Industrial Mathematic/Statistics – 170 and above
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION (FEDU)
- Art and Social Science and Education Option:
- Economics Education – 170
- Social Studies Education – 1704
- English Education – 170 and above
- Religion Education – 170 and above
- Igbo Education – 170 and above
- Business Education Option:
- Accountancy Education – 170 and above
- Secretarial Studies Education – 170 and above
- Science Education Option:
- Computer Science Education – 170 and above
- Physics Education – 170 and above
- Chemistry Education – 170 and above
- Biology Education – 170 and above
- Mathematics Education – 170 and above
- Integrated Science Education – 170 and above
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Options
- Human Kinetics Education – 170 and above
- Health Education – 170 and above
- Educational Foundation Option:
- Administration and Planning – 170 and above
- Guidance and Counse and aboveing – 170 and above
- Technological and Vocational Education Option:
- Electrical/Electronics Technology Education – 170 and above
- Mechanical Technology Education – 170 and above
- Building Technology Education – 170 and above
- Wood work Technology Education – 170 and above
- Agricultural Education – 170 and above
- Home Economics Education Department – 170 and above
- Art and Social Science and Education Option:
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Economics, Management and Extension – 180 and above
- Food Science and Technology – 180 and above
- Crop and Landscape Management – 170 and above
- Soil and Environmental Management – 170 and above
- Animal Science – 170 and above
- Fishery and Aquaculture 170 and above
- FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Public Administration – 180 and above
- Business Management – 180 and above
- Accountancy – 180 and above
- Banking and Finance – 180 and above
- Marketing – 170 and above
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES
- Economics – 180 and above
- Political Science – 180 and above
- Mass Communication – 180 and above
- Psychology – 170 and above
- Sociology and Anthropology – 170 and above
- English Language and Literature – 170 and above
- History and International Relations – 170 and above
- Philosophy – 170 and above
- Religion – 170 and above
- Languages and Linguistics – 170 and above
- French – 170 and above
- Igbo Linguistics – 170 and above
|FAQs on EBSU JAMB CUT OFF MARK||ANSWERS|
|What is EBSU current cut off mark?||EBSU cut off mark is 170. Any UTME candidate that scores 170 and above is eligible for EBSU post UTME screening exercise.|
|Does EBSU Accept second choice candidates?||EBSU accepts only first choice candidates.|
|Can EBSU accept me if I score 180?||As mentioned above, only candidates that score 180 and above are eligible to apply for EBSU post UTME therefore you are qualified.|
|What is EBSU cut off mark for Economics?||Candidates with 230 and above and score at least 65 in their post UTME have higher chances of studying Accounting in EBSU. However, if you score 200 and above, you are eligible for post UTME screening test at the institution but you will be required to change your course.|
|If I score 200 in jamb and still use EBSU as second choice can I gain admission?||EBSU will only admit first choice candidates irrespective of your JAMB score.|
|How can I change my university to EBSU because I passed their cut off mark?||Simply purchase a change of course form from JAMB, it costs about two-thousand five hundred naira (N2,500). Fill the necessary details and submit. You will be informed when your application is successful via the registered email or you can verify via JAMB CAPS.|
|I have my complete O’level result and 200 JAMB score, I am applying for Microbiology. What are my chances of gaining admission in EBSU?||With 200 JAMB score and complete O’level you still stand a chance of gaining admission into EBSU but definitely not Microbiology. It is advisable you change your course to a less competitive one.|
|What is EBSU JAMB cut off mark for Pharmacy and Medicine and Surgery?||We will advise you score at least 260 and above in your JAMB and a minimum of 70 in your post UTME to stand a chance of studying both Pharmacy and Medicine.|
|I am an indigene of Ebonyi state, can I be considered for admission if I score below the cut off mark?||The JAMB cut off mark for EBSU is the same for all candidates irrespective of the state of origin of the candidate.|
|What is the cut off mark for Business Administration in EBSU?||We advise that you score at least 200 and above in your JAMB and at least 65 in your post UTME so when your aggregate score is calculated, you will stand a better chance of gaining admission into EBSU.|
|What is the cut off mark for computer science in EBSU, I scored 170, and can I gain admission?||EBSU’s cut off mark for computer science is 240 and above though the higher your UTME score, the better your chances. Also, your post UTME score would be the determining factor. Notwithstanding, you are eligible to participate in the post UTME or change your course to a less competitive one.|
|I am an indigene and I scored 225 in JAMB, can I secure admission in EBSU?||The answer is YES you can because you scored higher than the minimum cut off mark for EBSU. However, gaining admission would also depend on the course you selected.|
|What is EBSU JAMB cut off mark and aggregate score for law||You need at least 250 and above to study Law at EBSU.|
|Can someone with 210 in my JAMB, can i gain admission into EBSU to study accounting?||You can gain admission into EBSU but you cannot to study Accounting with 210 UTME score. Accounting is a professional course hence high JAMB cut off mark. You need at least 250 and above to study Accounting at EBSU.|
|Does EBSU accept Transfer students from other universities?||Yes EBSU accept transfer students so long as you meet their requirements.|
|What is the JAMB cut off mark for Engineering in EBSU?||With a JAMB score of 180 you are eligible to participate in EBSU post UTME However, you require at least 245 and above you can study Engineering in EBSU. Engineering courses require high JAMB score due to the strong competition for admission slot.|
|What is the required JAMB cut off mark for Faculty of Social Sciences and Management sciences||The cut off mark varies. As for faculty of social sciences, the minimum cut off mark is 170 while management science is 170 respectively.|
- Dangote’s Top Secrets Of Success
- How to remember anything you have read
- How to study effectively and efficiently
After seeing all of EBSU’s departmental cut off marks for the year 2021/2022, the next important question to ask is How EBSU do their screening.
Basically, the Ebonyi State University does its admission screening in two phases.
The first phase involves aspirants who applied to study in EBSU proceeding for the pre-screening exercise immediately it is being announced.
Usually, during this first phase, only two major documents are needed i.e SSCE Result and JAMB Registration print out.
However, as a note of warning, all candidates are advised to go their pre-screening venues or centers 30 minutes before time to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Finally, the second phase then comes along immediately you have been admitted into EBSU to study any choice of course. However, at the second phase, you need to do proper screening and the documents usually needed include;
Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
Certificate of Local Government of Origin
Original copies of your credentials (certificates and statements of result)
Letter of good conduct from your village head or any responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below grade level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
That’s the much I can take on the topic ”EBSU Cut Off Marks 2021/2022 | EBSU 2021 JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks”.
Thanks For Reading
However, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to drop them in the comment box.
Please don’t forget to share this.