Table Of Interest
- 1 Updated List of Courses offered In KASU 2020/2021 | KASU Courses, Requirements & Fees
- 1.1 About Kaduna State University
- 1.2 Admission Requirements To Study In KASU
- 1.3 Faculties Present At Kaduna State University (KASU)
- 1.4 Updated List of Courses offered In KASU
- 1.5 Faculty Of Arts
- 1.6 Faculty of Agriculture
- 1.7 Faculty of Basic Medical Science
- 1.8 Faculty of Clinical Science
- 1.9 Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- 1.10 Faculty Of Science
Today, you and I will quickly run through the topic “Updated List of Courses offered In KASU 2020/2021 | KASU Courses, Requirements & Fees’.
This has become very necessary because of students planning to study in several federal universities in Nigeria especially in KASU.
To ease your curiosity, we have compiled the complete list of Federal and State Universities in Nigeria.
Recommended:- Complete List Of Federal Universities In Nigeria
Therefore, o3schools is here to make life easy for every Nigerian Student and that’s why we have also done a very complete and accurate job on JAMB subject combinations.
Highly recommended:- JAMB subject Combination For All Courses For KASU Aspirants
However, if you have been searching for [kasu updates, Kaduna state university postgraduate courses, Kaduna state university school fees, Kaduna state university cut off mark, federal university of Kaduna, Kaduna state university post utme, Kaduna state university portal, kasu acceptance fee, Updated List of Courses offered In KASU | Kaduna State University], then you are obviously not alone.
Nonetheless, you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog.
- 7 Best Ways To Overcome Examination Fear
- How To Manage Exam Stress Effectively
- When and How to cram | Effective Cramming Methods That Stick
- 7 Deadly mistakes undergraduates make and why you should avoid them.
The Kaduna State University was established under the Kaduna State Law Number 3 promulgated on 21st May, 2004. The promulgation was a consequence of the obvious and felt need to boost higher education in the State and the country in general.
The underlying factor is the fact that the demand for University education in Nigeria has, since the past few years, risen astronomically. This has been the basis of reform regarding the establishment and ownership of Universities by both the public and the private sector. Since the reforms, many State and Private universities have been established.
The objective is to provide added opportunities for advancing the frontiers of learning, through teaching, research and community service by taking cognizance of the needs and aspirations of the people of Nigeria.
These needs, fuelled by population growth in Nigeria, increased awareness of the importance of tertiary education and the need to accelerate the development of the necessary man-power for nation building, justified the need for establishment of many more universities in Nigeria. Another reason is that, access to education has been the defining factor in the establishment of institutions of learning in Nigeria, which aim at addressing the challenges of inadequate spaces for eligible university applicants.
Kaduna State has been a Centre of Learning from pre-colonial era to the present time. The State has enjoined the presence of some famous secondary and tertiary schools. In terms of number, Kaduna State has maintained a large number of public schools comparable to any state in the northern region, both at the lower and higher level.
However, the number of youths competing for higher education in the state far exceeds the available spaces in the catchment universities of the State.
Human resources needs of the State in critical areas of development and growth such as agriculture, industry, engineering, medicine and law have therefore remained unfulfilled causing frustration among young men and women, their parents and guardians, potential employers and the general society as a whole.
This growing need, arising from both the national trend and the inadequacy of the current University level education to accommodate all who qualify and are able, calls for the establishment of a State owned University in Kaduna State.
Consequent upon these, the Kaduna State Government set up a Technical Committee to review the situation in detail and appraise the State Government on the desirability or otherwise of such an undertaking.
The Committee was inaugurated on Friday, 24th
January, 2003 and submitted its report on Monday, 12th May, 2003. Sequel to this the Kaduna State University was established on 21st May, 2004 with two campuses, one in Kaduna town and the other in Kafanchan. Academic activities commenced in 2005/2006 academic session at Kaduna campus with 3 Faculties, 17 Academic Departments, 19 Undergraduate Programmes and a College of Basic Studies.
At present, the University has 2 Colleges, 2 Schools, 8 Faculties, 51 Academic Departments, 32 Undergraduate Programmes and 54 Postgraduate Programmes in the 2 campuses. This shows how the University has spectacularly grown over the years.
According to statistics on number of applicants for admission into Nigerian Universities by Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board for 2017, KASU was the second most-sort-after State University in Nigeria. Our achievement so far, is not unconnected with the college of reputable academics that the University has been able to attract and the sound and robust administration it has been enjoying.
The university’s website can be accessed by clicking here.
- How To Remember What You Have Read Easily
- How to get 300 and Above in JAMB
- JAMB 2018 Registration form is out|Complete guide and requirements
The following are the admission requirements to study in KASU.
Therefore, the candidate must;
- firstly, choose KASU as the first choice of institution before any other consideration
- be at least 16 years of age at the time of application of the scholarship
- have at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in not more than two (2) sittings.
- score at least 180 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Board Exam (UTME)
- have an acceptable/reasonable score in the post UTME screening exam conducted by the school
- College of Basic & Remedial Studies Programmes
The Kaduna State University College of Basic and Remedial Studies has two campuses located in Kaduna and Kafanchan. Entry requirements for the basic and remedial programmes respectively are as follows:
- Basic Studies Programmes
- Candidates for this programme must possess not less than five (5) O-Level credits which must include English Language and Mathematics.
- Basic Studies Programmes
- The other three credits for the SCIENCE programme should be in the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and/or Geography.
- For the HUMANITIES program, the other three credits should be in Economics, Government/History, Literature in English, Biology, and/or Geography.
- The five credits above must be obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
- Candidates must register for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) with relevant subject combinations and must obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government.
- Remedial Studies Programmes
- Candidates for the SCIENCE Remedial Programme must possess a minimum of three (3) O-Level credits in not more than 1 sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography.
- Remedial Studies Programmes
- Candidates for the HUMANITIES Remedial Programme must possess a minimum of three (3) O-Level credits in not more than 1 sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Government/History, Literature in English, Biology and Geography.
- Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies Programme are expected to register and pass the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient in.
- Candidates will not be allowed to register for subjects that have not been attempted at O-Levels.
- Preliminary Programmes
- Preliminary Studies (French): Candidates must posses at least 5 O-Level credits in SSCE or NECO in Arts subjects including English Language. The 5 credits must be obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Preliminary Studies (Arabic): Candidates must posses at least 5 O-Level credits in SSCE or NECO in Arts subjects including English Language. The 5 credits must be obtained in not more than two sittings.
In addition to the requirements above, all prospective candidates for Preliminary Programmes are required to register and pass the 2019/2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
Furthermore, the university has over 9 faculties and colleges namely the faculties/colleges of;
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Basic and Remedial Studies
- Arabic-French Preliminary Studies
- Postgraduate studies
Have you been searching for a particular course to study at KASU but you don’t know how to go abut because of access to the right information?
Then I am glad you are here because all your search just ended.
Below is a complete, official, accredited and updated list of courses offered at KASU.
In no particular order, they include;
Students will be admitted into the new Programmes with effect from 2020/2021;
- Education/Economics, B.Sc. (Ed.)
- Education/Geography, B.Sc. (Ed.)
- Education/English, B.A. (Ed.)
- Education/Hausa, B.A. (Ed.)
- Education/Chemistry B.Sc. (Ed.)
- Education/Biology B.Sc. (Ed.)
- Education/Mathematics B.Sc. (Ed.)
- Education/Physics B.Sc. (Ed.)
- Education/Arabic B.A (Ed.) .
- Education/Islamic Studies B.A (Ed.)
- Education/Christian Religious Studies, B.A (Ed.)
English and Literature
Christian Religious Knowledge
Nigerian Languages and Linguistics
Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Top Notch Skills To Pass Nay Exam With Flying Colours
- 6 Top things every student must do after failing a course
- Top 10 Secrets Of Brilliant students
- How To Study Effectively
- 6 Signs Of a wasted university education
Anatomic Pathology and Forensic Medicine
Chemical Pathology and Immunology
Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutic
Hematology and Blood Transfusion
Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Management Science
Pure and Applied Chemistry
Above is the complete and updated list of courses offered in Kaduna State University (KASU) right now.
However, this list will be updated immediately new courses are added.
That’s the much I can take on the topic “Updated List of Courses offered In KASU 2019/2020 | KASU Courses, Requirements & Fees”.
Thanks For Reading
Finally, remember that SHARING is CARING.