Table Of Interest
- 1 EKSU Postgraduate Courses 2020/2021 | EKSU PG School Fees Breakdown
- 1.1 About EKSU Postgraduate School
- 1.2 EKSU Postgraduate Courses 2019/2020 | EKSU PG School Fees Breakdown
- 1.3 2. FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 1.4 Postgraduate Diploma Courses
- 1.5 Masters Degrees Program
- 1.6 M.Phil/Ph.d in Business Administration
- 1.7 Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Degree
- 1.8 EKSU RELATED POSTS
This has become necessary as different individuals have flooded my email and cell phone with emails and calls in the past few weeks concerning the subject matter.
However, if you are among those who have been eagerly anticipating the release of this article and have been searching for [eksu postgraduate 2020/2021, masters program in eksu, eksu postgraduate school fees, eksu postgraduate admission 2020 2020, eksu postgraduate form 2020/2021, eksu postgraduate application form, eksu postgraduate admission list, ekiti state university postgraduate form 2020/2021, EKSU Postgraduate Courses 2020/2021 | EKSU PG School Fees Breakdown], then you can see that you are not the only one.
- Study Abroad In Canada | See Top 10 scholarships To Study Abroad In Canada
- International Masters Scholarship at the University Of Oulu
- Fully funded Singapore International Scholarship
- Fully Funded Duke University International scholarship
- Kings College London International Scholarship
Nevertheless, your search just ended as you will get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog @ o3schools
Without further ado, lets head there right away.
The University started its first Postgraduate programme in 1986 with the introduction of Postgraduate Diploma in Education, and Master of Education in Guidance and Counselling Programmes both in the Faculty of Education.
The Postgraduate Programmes were initially run by Faculties and the responsibilities of the Board of School of Postgraduate Studies today were originally handled by the various Faculty Boards.
At its 80th Regular meeting, Senate approved the setting up of a Board of Postgraduate Studies following a recommendation to that effect from the Committee of Deans. The Board which was inaugurated on 6th December, 1996 by the Late Prof. P. O. Bodunrin (the then Vice-Chancellor) functioned for two years before Senate upgraded the Board to a School of Postgraduate Studies in January 1999. Consequently, the Chairman of the Board of Postgraduate Studies became the Dean of School of Postgraduate Studies.
The pioneer Chairman of the Board of Postgraduate Studies was Prof. S. I. Ette. Prof. J. B. Adeyeri succeeded him on the 1st January, 1999. With the departure of Prof. Adeyeri to the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, the Late Prof. A. O. Akande was appointed by the Vice-Chancellor to act as the Dean of the Postgraduate School on the 3rd April, 2000.
He was later elected by the Board of Postgraduate Studies as the Dean. In August 2004, Prof. D. O. Owuamanam came on board as Dean, and served for five years. Prof. J. O. Aribisala became the Dean of the School on the 5th November, 2009. Similarly the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Dipo Kolawole appointed Dr. S. O. Adewole as the pioneer Sub-Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies on the 1st May, 2010 on the recommendation of the Dean. Prof. E. O. Olanipekun was appointed as Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies in May, 2012 by the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. P. O. Aina. He is being assisted by two Sub-Deans namely Dr. T. Jegede for regular Postgraduate Programme, and Dr. S. O. Olatunji for the Professional Programmes.
“To be a world class Postgraduate School making the University to attain an unbeatable standard in the quality of its staff, teaching, research and community development services, and equipping graduands with both theoretical and research oriented knowledge for effective functioning in relevant fields”.
Mission: “To provide advanced educational opportunities to developing scholars and working professionals through sound instructions in diverse but relevant disciplines with emphasis on application of functional ideas that meet societal needs”.
Objectives: The main objective of Postgraduate Studies in the University is to further develop in higher studies, the spirit of enquiry through training in research in an atmosphere of intellectual independence and individual creativity.
In pursuance of this objective, the Postgraduate School fosters through instruction, a deeper understanding of elementary concepts and an increasing ability to apply functional ideas to new problems.
The student in the School of Postgraduate Studies must therefore, be made to realize quite early that their intellectual growth and subsequent success are directly related to the depth of their command of basic principles.
Hence, graduate studies are usually associated with a high degree of specialization, such specialization must be secondary to extending mental horizons, producing new orientations and developing great depth of understanding.
Within the context of the above general objective, Postgraduate Studies at the University provides advanced educational opportunities to both the developing scholars and the working professionals.
Specifically, postgraduate students are provided with both the theoretical and research oriented knowledge for effective functioning in relevant fields.
Postgraduate School also provides an in-depth knowledge for those who would like to take up career in research related fields, a base for independent intellectual work and problem solving approach
a. Department of Accounting Ph.D, M.Phil/Ph.D in Accounting with options in:
2. Cost and Management Accounting
3. Forensic Accounting
4. Auditing and Investigation
5. Public Sector Accounting
In addition to the regulations governing Postgraduate Studies, the following requirements shall apply:
i. The candidates must possess five (5) ordinary level Credit Passes which must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics at not more than two sittings.
ii. A candidate with Master of Science (M.Sc) degree in Accounting from Ekiti State University and other recognized institutions or Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) degree.
iii. A candidate seeking admission for Ph.D in Accounting must have at least a Weighted Average score of 60.0 or its equivalent in their final Master’s degree Examination.
iv. Candidates seeking admission for the M.Phil/Ph.D programme must process; M.Sc (Accounting) Degree and a score of a weighted average of between 55.0 and 59.9 (or CGPA of 3.25 to 3.49)
- How To Start A Bridal Shop Business In Nigeria
- How To Start A Phone Selling Business In Nigeria
- How To Start A Perfume Business In Nigeria
- Nigeria’s Got Talent Registration, audition dates and Venue
- 6 Top Lucrative Business You can do to make Money During Christmas
- The Voice Nigeria registration, Audition Dates and Venues
- Peak Talent Hunt registration Audition dates and Venues
b. Department of Banking and Finance
M.Phil/Ph.D in Banking and Finance with option in:
1. Corporate Finance
2. International Finance
3. Financial Institutions and Markets
4. Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
5. Public Finance
6. Finance of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises.
i. Possession of University matriculations requirement of five (5) ordinary level Credit including English, Mathematics and Economics in WAEC, NECO, and other recognized examination as approved by the Senate of the University in not more than two (2) sittings.
ii. Candidates applying for M/Phil/Ph.D programme must possess M.Sc in Banking and Finance with Weighted Average of between 55.0 and 59.9 (or CGPA of 3.25-3.49).
- Dangote’s Top Secrets Of Success
- How to remember anything you have read
- How to study effectively and efficiently
a. Department of Economics
Postgraduate Diploma in Economics (PDE)
A graduate from a recognized University with Pass or Third Class at the first degree in relevant programme may be admitted, provided the Matriculation and Departmental requirements of Ekiti State University are satisfied. A holder of a minimum of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
To qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme of the University, a candidate shall in addition to satisfying the general University, matriculation requirements including credit in English Language, Faculty and Departmental requirements be:
(a) a graduate of the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti or
(b) a graduate of any other University recognized by the Senate of the University or
(c) a holder of the Higher National Diploma with a minimum of upper credit or its equivalent from a recognized institution
(d) a person who has any other approved qualification recommended by the Faculty concerned as equivalent to a degree or a Higher National Diploma.
(e) show evidence of discharged from NYSC
A candidate with a first degree from a recognized University having a minimum of a Second Class Lower Division may be admitted, provided the University Matriculation and Departmental requirements of Ekiti State University are satisfied.
A candidate with a minimum of Credit or 60% overall average score in the Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized University may also be admitted provided that the University matriculation and Departmental requirements of Ekiti State University are satisfied.
To qualify for admission to Master’s Degree programme, a candidate must in addition to satisfying the matriculation requirement of five O’level credits including English Language have one of the following:
(i) show evidence of discharge from NYSC and
(ii) a bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of second class honours, OR
(iii) a bachelor’s degree plus a postgraduate diploma in a related field passed at merit level, OR
(iv) a bachelor’s degree passed with second class honours, plus a related professional qualification or
(v) any other Bachlor’s degree in a related field passed with second class honours, OR
(vi) Higher National Diploma (HND) in relevant discipline at credit level may be considered for admission provided
the University’s matriculation requirements are satisfied.
Candidates must possess M.Sc in Business Administration with specialization in Management, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour or Operations Research with weighted average of 50 – 59%.
A candidate with a good Masters degree with a weighted average of not below 60.0 or CGPA of 3.50 on a relative score of 5.00 (NOT Professional Masters) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized University may be admitted, provided the Ekiti State University Matriculation and Departments requirements are satisfied.
A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 or 60.0 weighted average is required for candidates converting from M.Phil to Ph.D.
To qualify for admission to the Ph.D programme, a candidate with recognized research higher degree in the relevant discipline may be admitted to Ph.D degree programme on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee. All candidates for Ph.D programme with average score of B (60%) or CGPA of 3.50 in candidates converting from M.Phil must show evidence of successful completion of course work at M.Phil level with a minimum of 60% average. there must be the evidence that the candidate has passed the qualifying (comprehensive and preliminary) examination in the major and minor areas of study, that a research proposal for a thesis has been approved as of a Ph.D student and that other Departmental requirements have been satisfied.
Thanks For Reading
- EKSU Cut Off Marks 2020/2021| JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks
- EKSU School Fees 2020/2021 For New & Returning Students
- EKSU Post UTME Form 2020/2021 Is Out Online, Eksu.edu.ng | EKSU Admission News
- EKSU Post UTME Result 2020/2021 | How To Check EKSU Post UTME Result Easily
- EKSU Postgraduate Courses 2020/2021 | EKSU PG School Fees Breakdown
- EKSU Postgraduate School Fees 2020/2021 | EKSU PG School Fees Breakdown
- EKSU Postgraduate Admission Form 2020/2021 Out | How To Apply Easily
- EKSUTH School of Nursing Admission Form 2020/2021 | Complete Guide
- EKSU Admission List 2020/2021 | EKSU 1st Batch, 2nd Batch & Direct Entry Admission List Out
- Ekiti State University EKSU Pre-Degree Admission Form 2020/2021
- Updated List Of Courses Offered In Ekiti State University (EKSU) For 2020/2021 Admission
- EKSU Acceptance Fees 2020/2021 | EKSU Acceptance Fees Portal 2020 & Guidelines
- EKSU Sandwich Degree Admission List 2020/2021 | 2020 Contact Session Admission List
- EKSU Part-Time Degree Admission List 2020/2021 Out | Check All EKSU Part-time List Here 2020/21
- KWCOE Degree Admission List 2020/2021 Released | KWCOE (Affiliated To EKSU) Degree List
- EKSU Post UTME Past Questions, Answers & PDf’s | 2020 EKSU Post UTME Exam Focus