Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for PPC Bursary South Africa 2023/2024, fasset bursary, black mountain bursary, south 32 bursary, gibela rail bursary, fasset bursary 2023, nestle bursary, power group bursary, de beers bursary, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary, the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain, any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or parents’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank, or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
PPC Ltd, a top southern African supplier of cement and related products, was formed in 1892 as “De Eerste Cement Fabrieken Beperkt”. The company has a production capacity of approximately 11.5 million tonnes of cement products each year and has produced cement for numerous construction projects and famous landmarks within the country.
The company has 11 cement factories throughout South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and the DRC. PPC involvement within the ready-mix sector now boasts 26 batching plants across in Mozambique and South Africa. The companies materials business includes the following: Pronto Readymix; Safika Cement and 3Q Mahuma Concrete.
What more, the company also has the biggest aggregate production capacity in the country, at their Gauteng based Mooiplaas aggregates quarry. PPC Lime, also part of the PPC group, is among the biggest producers of lime in the southern hemisphere.
FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The PPC bursary will be awarded to students within the following Mining related fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- (as well as Environmentally-oriented degrees)
It is a full bursary, providing coverage for the following study-related expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and meals.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for PPC (depending on availability within the company) for an equal duration of time as the bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside in surrounding areas where the mine operates
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying full time at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Meet the minimum entry requirements for admission at tertiary institution in your chosen field of study
- Engineering, Geology and Science degree students: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://careerwise.co.za/applications/registrations//
(You will need to register an account and then log in to complete your application. The promo code to be used is F2018)
2) By downloading and completing the PPC Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
If you are applying via the hard copy application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
CareerWise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
None – submission of applications is open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
That’s the much we can take on the topic “PPC Bursary South Africa”.
Thanks For Reading