Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for Aveng Grinaker-LTA Bursary South Africa 2023/2024, basil read bursary, aurecon bursary, accommodation bursaries in south africa, south african road federation bursary, winter cereal trust bursary, harmony bursary, basil read bursary 2023, haw and inglis bursary, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
Aveng was founded in the 1880s and today the South African conglomerate prides itself on being a leader in the infrastructure sector, with expertise in engineering; steel; mining; manufacturing; water treatment; public infrastructure and concessions. Aveng is active in not only Africa, but also the Middle East, South East Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
The company currently has 5 subsidiaries, including Aveng Grinaker-LTA; McConnell Dowell; Aveng Mining; Aveng Steel and Aveng Manufacturing.
Aveng Grinaker-LTA is an engineering and construction group whose focus is on energy, infrastructure, rail and mining in Africa. The companies range of service offerings include earthworks, roads, building, concrete, piping, civil engineering, ground engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and instrumentation contracting.
Aveng Grinaker-LTA is currently actively involved in the industrial; retail and commercial sectors, with capabilities including engineering; construction; design; procurement and material selection.
Aveng Grinaker-LTA are looking for young talented students who display leadership, innovative and practical qualities. Students from previously disadvantage backgrounds will be given preference.
The bursary will be awarded to students studying towards a degree qualification within the following fields:
- Quantity Surveying
- Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and a monthly allowance to assist with living expenses.
Students will be required to undertake vacation work during university holidays.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised South African university/ university of technology
- Passed Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Maintain a minimum of 65% overall average
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Aveng Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results (certified copy)
- Testimonials (certified copies)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
Group Talent Management Specialist
1 Jurgens Road
(Applications open on 1 May each year.)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Aveng directly:
Contact Person: Learning and Development Officer
Tel: 011 779 2800
Email: [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Aveng Grinaker-LTA Bursary South Africa ”.
Thanks For Reading