Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for Pharmacy Bursaries for South Africans 2022/2023, netcare pharmacy bursaries, dischem pharmacy bursaries 2022, aspen pharmacy bursaries 20212, dischem pharmacy bursaries 2022, aspen pharmacy bursaries 2022, medirite pharmacy bursaries, shoprite pharmacy bursary, pharmacy bursaries 2022 south africa, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing, dispensing, and reviewing drugs and providing additional clinical services. It is a health profession that links health sciences with pharmaceutical sciences and aims to ensure the safe, effective, and affordable use of drugs. The professional practice is becoming more clinically oriented as most of the drugs are now manufactured by pharmaceutical industries. Based on the setting, the pharmacy is classified as a community or institutional pharmacy. Providing direct patient care in the community of institutional pharmacies are considered clinical pharmacy.
The scope of pharmacy practice includes more traditional roles such as compounding and dispensing of medications, and it also includes more modern services related to health care, including clinical services, reviewing medications for safety and efficacy, and providing drug information. Pharmacists, therefore, are the experts on drug therapy and are the primary health professionals who optimize the use of medication for the benefit of the patients.
Pharmacists earn an average annual salary of R390 000, with the entry level pharmacist earning R355 000 per annum and the pharmacist assistant earning R160 000 per annum.
- CHIETA Bursary
- Clicks Pharmacy Bursary
- Gauteng Department of Health Bursary
- IDB Education Trust Bursary Loan
- ISFAP Bursary
- KZN Department of Health Bursary
- Lonmin Bursary
- Mpumalanga Provincial Government Bursary
- Netcare Bursary
- Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa Bursaries
- PPS Bursary
- Shoprite Bursaries
- SIOC Community Development Trust (SIOC-cdt) Bursary
- W&RSETA Bursary
- Western Cape Department of Health Bursary
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Pharmacy Bursaries for South Africans 2022/2023”.
Thanks For Reading