Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for Gauteng Department of Health Bursary South Africa 2021/2022, limpopo department of health bursaries, kzn department of health bursaries, medicine bursaries 2021 application forms pdf, health bursaries application forms online, study medicine in cuba 2021 gauteng, nursing bursaries 2021, bursaries to study medicine abroad, limpopo department of health bursary 2021, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The bursary scheme was initiated by the Department of Health as a way to increase the skill set within the medical field in South Africa, which is currently a scarce skills in the country.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
Students currently studying at a University/ University of Technology:
- B Pharmacy
- MA Clinical Psychology
- Medical Physicists
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech therapy, Language, Audiology & Pathology
Students currently in Matric and have been accepted to study at a University/ University of Technology in the upcoming year:
- Bachelor of Clinical Medical Practice
- Clinical Engineering
- Clinical Technology
- Dental Technology
- Dental Therapy
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Emergency Medical Care
- Medical Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Optometry Radiotherapy
- Oral Hygiene
Bursaries will also be awarded within the Radiography field, when students apply at a Radiography departments in one of the following Hospitals:
- CHARLOTTE MAXEKE JHB ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
- CHRIS HANI BARAGWANATH ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
- GEORGE MUKHARI ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
- HELEN JOSEPH HOSPITAL
- RAHIMA MOOSA MOTHER AND CHILD HOSPITAL
- STEVE BIKO ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
- TAMBO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Those residing in Gauteng Province permanently,
- From a disadvantaged background,
- Studying or intend on studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Minimum “C” symbol average in Matric.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Gauteng Dept of Health Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, you can collect an application form from one of the following health care facilities: Charlotte Maxeke JHB Academic Hospital, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Far East Rand Hospital, Heidelberg Hospital, Leratong Hospital, Mamelodi Hospital, Natalspruit Hospital, Rahima Moosa Hospital, Sebokeng Hospital, Steve Biko Academic Hospital, South Rand Hospital, Tambo Memorial Hospital, Tembisa Hospital.
The following documents must accompany your complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric final certificate (current Matric students, see below),
- Proof of University registration (if applicable),
- Latest academic report/ transcript (current University students),
- Dependants birth certificates/ ID documents (certified copies),
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ sworn affidavits if unemployed),
- Proof of residence (utility bill).
Students who are currently in Matric, must also provide the following documents:
- Matric June results report (certified copy),
- University letter of acceptance or preliminary acceptance,
- Motivation letter,
- Proof of voluntary work (letter from manager of health facility or hospital).
Complete application forms and supporting documents must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivered:
Gauteng Department of Health
1 Rissik, Penmore Building, CNR Rissik and Albert, Johannesburg (enter via Loveday Street).
2) Registered mail:
37 Sauer Street, Johannesburg, Private Bag X085, Marshalltown, 2107.
*NB: no faxed or emailed applications please.
16 May 2021.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Gauteng Department of Health Bursary South Africa 2021/2022”.
Thanks For Reading