Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for Nigerian Defence Academy NDA PGDNSS Admission Form 2020/2021, nigerian universities currently selling masters form 2020/2021, nigerian defence academy pg portal, nigeria defence academy exam date 2020, nda screening test admission card 2020, postgraduate application form, postgraduate application form, postgraduate courses offered in nigeria defence academy, online pgd courses in nigeria, how many nda are in nigeria, then you are not alone.
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna, is a Military University in Nigeria that trains officer cadets for commissioning into one of the 3 services of the Nigerian Armed Forces: the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force. The duration of training at the Nigerian Defence Academy is 5 years (4 years Academic + 1 year Military.
The NDA was established in February 1964 as a reformation of the British run Royal Military Forces Training College (RMFTC), which had been renamed the Nigerian Military Training College (NMTC) on independence. The military institution trains the officer corps of the Nigerian Army, Navy and Air Force. The initial class had only 62 cadets, and the trainers were mostly officers in the Indian Army. The Nigerian National Defence Academy (NDA) follows the pattern of similar NDA in Khadakwasla, Pune, India. The first commandant of NDA was Indian Army Brigadier M.R Verma. The NDA grew to an all Nigerian training staff only in 1978. In 1981 itself began bilateral training of foreign militaries. In 1985 the academy commenced offering undergraduate programmes to Military Officers In Training and now also currently offers post graduate studies both for Msc and Ph.D for both military and civilian students alike. The central mission remains the training of young officer cadets in the 5 year “Regular Combatant Course” in which cadets are groomed in Military, Academic and Character development to instill discipline and leadership skills according to global best practices, culminating in the award of a bachelor’s degree and presidential commissioning into the rank of second lieutenant for Army cadets or equivalent in the Navy and Air Force for respective cadets. Until 2011 this course used to be exclusively for males, the first set of female cadets commenced training in September 2011. As of 2019, its total cadet class is around 2500.
The current Commandant is Major General Sarham Jamilu
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the One Year professional Enhancement Postgraduate Diploma in Nuclear Safety and safeguard (PGDNSS) of the Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Nigerian Defence Academy, (NDA), Kaduna, for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The PGDNSS programme is designed as a 1 Year professional development, proficiency Year academic qualification programme for early and mid-level career professionals including front-line officers with roles and responsibilities in different aspects of the peaceful use of nuclear and radiological materials, cutting across academic, research, medical, security, oil and gas, manufacturing.
Applicants are expected from the academia, research institutes, Armed Forces, Police, Civil Defence, Immigration and Customs Services, Private Security organizations, Office of the National Security Adviser, atomic energy promoter agencies, Nuclear Regulatory Agencies, Energy Commissions, medical institutions.
GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIPS: In view of the importance of the programme to national security and development institutional candidates are implored to sponsorship agencies for grants.
Below is the chronological list of NDA Commandants:
- Brigadier M.R. Varma 1964–1969 (Indian national and 1st Commandant of the NDA)
- Major General David Ejoor 1969–1971 (1st Nigerian Commandant)
- Major General Adeyinka Adebayo 1971
- Major General E.O. Ekpo March 1971 – February 1975
- Brigadier Illiya Bisalla February 1975 – August 1975
- Brigadier Gibson Jalo August 1975 – January 1978
- Brigadier E.S. Armah January 1978 – July 1978
- Brigadier Joseph Garba July 1978 – July 1979
- Brigadier Zamani Lekwot July 1979 – 1982
- Brigadier Abdullahi Shelleng 1982–
- Major General Paul Tarfa 1984–1985
- Major General Peter Adomokai 1986 – 1988
- Lieutenant General Salihu Ibrahim 1988–1990
- Lieutenant General Garba Duba 1990–1992
- Lieutenant General Aliyu Mohammed Gusau 1992–1993
- Lieutenant General Mohammed Balarabe Haladu 1993 – 1994
- Air Marshal Al-Amin Daggash 1994 – 1998
- Major General Bashir Salihi Magashi 1998–1999
- Major General TL Ashei 2000-2002
- Major General Okon Edet Okon (2002-2003)
- Major General Akpa (2004)
- Lietenant General Abel Akale (2004-2006)
- Major General Harris Dzarma (2006–2008)
- Major General Mamuda Yerima (2008–2010)
- Major General Emeka Onwuamaegbu (2010–2013)
- Major General Muhammad Inuwa Idris (December 2013 – August 2015)
- Major General M.T. Ibrahim (August 2015 – October 2017)
- Major General A Oyebade (October 2017 – November 2019)
- Major General Jamilu Sarham (November 2019 – Present)
How to Apply for NDA PGDNSS Admission Form.
Follow the link below to apply:
The sale of Online Application forms shall be open from 12 October 2020 – 28 December 2020 at the rate of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Nigerian Defence Academy NDA PGDNSS Admission Form 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading