Table Of Interest
- 1 Updated List Of Courses offered In AKSU 2020/2021 | AKSU Courses, Requirements & Cut Offs
- 1.1 About Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)
- 1.2 Admission Requirements To Study In AKSU
- 1.3 Faculties Present In AKSU
- 1.4 Updated List Of Courses offered In AKSU 2019/2020 | AKSU Courses, Requirements & Cut Offs
- 1.5 Agriculture
- 1.6 Arts
- 1.7 Education
- 1.8 Engineering
- 1.9 Natural and Applied Science
- 1.10 Social Sciences
- 1.11 Management Sciences
- 1.12 RELATED AKSU POSTS
Today, you and I will quickly go through the topic on “Updated List Of Courses offered In AKSU 2020/2021 | AKSU Courses, Requirements & Cut Offs”.
This has become very necessary because of students planning to study in several federal universities in Nigeria especially in AKUTECH or AKSU.
To ease your curiosity, we have compiled the complete list of Federal and State Universities in Nigeria right here in the link below.
Therefore, o3schools is here to make life easy for every Nigerian Student and that’s why we have also done a very complete and accurate job on JAMB subject combinations right here in the link below.
However, if you have been searching for [aksu cut off mark for all courses, courses offered by university of uyo, akwa ibom state university school fees, latest news on akwa ibom state university, courses offered in akwa ibom state college of education, akwa ibom state university akpa campus abak, aksu department, courses offered in akwa ibom state polytechnic, Updated List Of Courses offered In AKSU 2020/2021 | AKSU Courses, Requirements & Cut Offs], then you are obviously not alone.
Nonetheless, you shall get all the information you are searching for right here on this blog.
The concept of Akwa Ibom State University started in October, 2000, when the State Government inaugurated a Committee for its establishment.
The Committee which consisted of academics, technical experts and professionals submitted an interim report to the then State Governor in April 2001 and a final report in September, 2001.
Following the acceptance of the report of the University Establishment Committee, the State Government set up an Implementation Committee in December 2001 to carry out the necessary basic functions including the drafting of the enabling law towards the takeoff of the university.
The Bill establishing the Akwa Ibom State University of Technology (AKUTECH) was passed by the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly and signed into Law by the then Executive Governor of the State, Arc. (Obong) Victor Attah on 16th of April, 2003.
Given the socio-economic realities in the state, and in order to meet the yearnings and aspirations of the totality of Akwa Ibom people, major changes in the concept and scope of the university had become necessary.
Although the philosophy of a technically-biased university was retained, His Excellency, Chief (Dr.) Godswill Obot Akpabio, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom felt that the policy thrust of Government should be the establishment of a conventional, multi-campus institution known as Akwa Ibom State University, hence, the change of the name of the university from Akwa Ibom State University of Technology (AKUTECH) to Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU).
The bill formally establishing Akwa Ibom State University was signed into law by His Excellency, Chief (Dr.) Godswill Obot Akpabio, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom in September 2010.
Professor Sunday W. Petters was appointed the substantive Vice-Chancellor with effect from 1st January 2010. Full academic activities in Akwa Ibom State University started on 1st November 2010 with the admission of the first batch of 300 students in the Main (Mkpat Enin) and Obio Akpa Campuses for the 2010/2011 academic session.
This first batch of students were admitted into the Faculties of Engineering, Natural and Applied Sciences, Oceanography and Naval Architecture and Agriculture. Faculty of Social and Management Sciences was introduced in the 2011/2012 academic session.
The following are the admission requirements to study in AKSU.
Therefore, the candidate must;1. Minimum of Credit passes in Five (5) subjects including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level and any other equivalent examinations.
2. UTME scores of at least 180 and above (subject to change).
3. Post-UTME screening score of not less than 180 (subject to change).
4. In addition to the above, candidates must make Akwa Ibom State University 1st or 2nd choice to qualify to write the Post-UTME Screening Test.
5. Candidates who score less than 180 at the Post-UTME screening test are not eligible for admission into any programme in AKSU irrespective of any higher scores obtained at UTME.
6. For final selection into programmes, the candidate’s average scores from the UTME and Post-UTME screening Tests are used.
The cut-off point for admission varies from one programmed to another.
Admission through Direct Entry
1. Minimum of credit passes in five subjects including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level or equivalent qualification.
2. Either A’ levels, OND or NCE in relevant subject areas.
3. An acceptable score in the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
4. Final selection is based on a combination of the candidate’s certificates and score in the direct entry screening test.
Likewise, the university has 7 faculties and they are below;
- Natural and Applied Science
- Social Sciences
- Management Sciences
The following are the updated List of courses offered In AKSU.
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Soil Science
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- History and International Studies
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Performing (Theatre Arts)
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture
- Mechanical Engineering
Natural and Applied Science
- Genetics and Biotechnology
- Computer Science
- Geotechnique / Hydrogeology
- Petroleum Geology
- Applied Geophysics
- Marine Biology
- Biological sciences
- Mass Communication
- Political Sciences
- Public Administration
These are the complete, accredited and Updated List, Of Course, offered In Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU).
However, whenever any new course is added, I will Immediately update this list.
That’s the Much I can take on the topic “Updated List Of Courses offered In AKSU 2020/2021 | AKSU Courses, Requirements & Cut Offs”.
Thanks For Reading
Finally, remember that SHARING is CARING.