Table Of Interest
- 1 Rustenburg Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021/2022
If you have been searching for Rustenburg Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021/2022, bursaries in south africa, accommodation bursaries in south africa, it bursaries 2021 south africa, south african bursaries for foreigners, bursaries for 2021, south african chefs association bursaries 2021, greater taung municipality bursaries, scholarships in south africa, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The Rustenburg Local Municipality is located in the North West Province, and is one of the 5 municipalities in the Bojanala Platinum District. Rustenburg is a big town at the bottom of the Magaliesberg Mountain Range and is the most highly populated municipality within the province of the North West.
The Category B municipalities goals are: to ensure efficient quality basic service and infrastructure; maintain a healthy, safe, green and clean municipal environment; drive job creation and economic growth; uphold public participation principles and good governance; to ensure municipal financial viability and more.
FIELDS COVERED & SERVICE CONTRACT
The Rustenburg Municipality mayoral bursary will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Information Technology
- Agriculture Science
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Rustenburg Local Municipal area
- Completed Matric
- Studying or plan on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Have been accepted/ provisionally accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students with the highest academic results
- Parents/ guardians total monthly income is NOT more than R3500
- Disabled and previously disadvantaged students are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application forms must be collected from the Rustenburg Municipality:
Missionary Mpheni House
Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Beyers Naude Street
(Ground Floor, Room 8, Special Projects)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ latest results (certified copy)
- Proof of admission/ provisionally acceptance from a tertiary institute
- Quote from tertiary institute (including cost of tuition, prescribed books and accommodation) (institute must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension slip if indigent applicant) (certified copies)
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Office Of the Executive Mayor
PO Box 16
2) Hand delivery:
Rustenburg Local Municipality
Missionary Mpheni House
Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Beyers Naude Street
28 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Rustenburg Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mrs Matlhodi Mesesa
Tel: 014 590 3480
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Rustenburg Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021/2022”.
Thanks For Reading