Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for then you are in the right place. North West Provincial Government Bursary South Africa 2021/2022,north west office of the premier bursaries 2021, premier’s office bursary 2021, office of the premier bursary 2021, office of the premier bursary application form 2021 pdf,office of the premier north west, www.nwpg.gov.za bursary 2021, bursaries for 2021, pilot bursaries in south africa,
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The North West Provincial Government is one of the departments of the South African government. The Office of the Premier department is responsible for providing leadership for efficient, coordinated and integrated service delivery that will enable the growth and development of the province and its residents.
The other departments of the North West Provincial Government include: Health; Public Works and Roads; Rural, Environment and Agricultural Development; Local Government and Human Settlements; Education and Sports Development; Community Safety and Transport Management; Finance, Economy and Entreprise Development; Tourism; Social Development; Culture, Arts and Traditional Affairs
The North West Provincial Government will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study (degree or diploma studies):
- Culture & Arts
- Building and Roads
- Mining Engineering
- Other Engineering sectors
- Health related sectors
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted, should you not receive any feedback within 4 months of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the North West province
- 35 years old or younger
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institution
- Proven financial need
- Good academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the North West Provincial Gov Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, you can collect an application form at one of these Offices/ Distribution Centers:
- Office of the Premier: Bursary Offices (Ga-Rona Building, Ground Floor, Dr James Moroka Drive, Mmabatho)
- District and Local Municipalities
- Labour Centres
- High Schools
- Traditional Authority Offices
- 45 Harrington Street, Brits, 0250
- Mabe Business Park, Bojanala, Rustenburg, North West, 0299 (Opposite NW FM)
- Dr Ruth Segomotsi Mompati: Vryburg Mini-Garona Building, North St & Molopo Straat, Vryburg, 8601
- Dr Kenneth Kaunda: 309 West end Centre, Leask Street, Klerksdorp, 2571
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy) (if not yet available, must be submitted by 10 January 2019, to: [email protected])
- Latest academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy) (if not yet available, must be submitted by 10 January 2019, to: [email protected])
- Proof of University acceptance (certified copy) (if not yet available, must be submitted by 10 January 2019, to: [email protected])
- Proof of residence (letter from Municipality Office if residing in town/ farm/ township, letter from Traditional Authority if residing in a village)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension statements if on state pension/ death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of disability if disabled (doctors letter/ medical record)
Applications must be submitted to:
Office of the Premier
Ga-Rona Building: Bursaries Offices
OR to one of the Distribution centres/ Offices listed above
11 January 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the North West Provincial Government directly:
Office of the Premier
Contact Person: Ms Bonolo Mohlakoana (Acting Head of Communication)
Cell: 082 901 2435
Tel: 018 388 3705/ 018 388 1212/ 018 388 1207/ 018 388 1259/ 018 388 1308/ 018 388 1510
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “North West Provincial Government Bursary South Africa 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading