Limpopo Department of Health Bursary South Africa 2023/2024
Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for Limpopo Department of Health Bursary South Africa 2023/2024, Limpopo premier’s office bursaries, Department of Health bursaries for nursing, Gauteng Department of Health bursaries 2023, Gauteng Department of Health bursaries 2023, Gauteng Department of Health bursary, Limpopo Department of Health logo, medicine bursaries, nursing bursaries for 2023, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary, the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain, any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application, and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or parents’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank, or police station.
- Integrity, they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The Limpopo Department of Health is a department of the South African government, which is committed to providing affordable, accessible, sustainable, and comprehensive quality health care to its residents.
The department has hospitals and clinics for their residents, which are located across their 5 districts, including Capricorn; Mopani; Sekhukhune; Waterberg, and Vhembe.
FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The Limpopo Department of Health will be awarding bursaries each year, to deserving and financially needing students, within the Medical/ Health Science field.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, prescribed textbook allowance, accommodation, and meals.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to enter into a Contractual Agreement to work for the Limpopo Department.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields
- Residing within the Limpopo Province
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application forms can be downloaded from http://www.doh.limpopo.gov.za/?s=bursary
Alternatively, application forms can also be obtained from a Department of Health District Office (from one of the addresses below)
*Please Note: application forms must be certified by a Commissioner of Oaths.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic record, if a tertiary student (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension statements if on state pension/ death certificate if deceased)
- Current Matric and tertiary students must also submit their year-end results, before the end of the first week of January.
Applications must be posted to one of the following locations:
Department of Health
Fidel Castro Ruz House
18 College Street
Department of Health District Offices:
- Capricorn: 34 Hans van Rensburg Street, POLOKWANE
- Mopani: Former Gazankulu Parliamentary Offices, GIYANI
- Sekhukhune: Old Parliamentary Building, LEBOWAKGOMO
- Waterberg: Corner Thabo Mbeki &Elias Motswaledi Street, MODIMOLLE
- Vhembe: Old Parliamentary Buildings, Next to High Court, THOHOYANDOU
30 November annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Limpopo Department of Health directly:
Tel: 015 293 6027
Fax: 015 293 6211/ 20
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Limpopo Department of Health Bursary South Africa ”.
Thanks For Reading
RELATED BURSARIES FOR SOUTH AFRICANS
Science Bursaries For South Africans
South African Bursaries Closing in February
Law Bursaries for South Africans
Arts Bursaries for South Africans
Commerce Bursaries For South Africans
MBA & Postgraduate Bursaries for South Africans
Medical Bursaries for South Africans
Computer Science & IT Bursaries for South Africans
Construction Bursaries for South Africans
International Bursaries & Scholarships for South Africans
South African Bursaries Closing in January
Bursaries Closing In November for South Africans
Bursaries Closing In October for South Africans
Bursaries Closing In June for South Africans
Bursaries Closing In July For South Africans
Bursaries Closing in May For South Africans
Bursaries Closing In December for South Africans
Bursaries Ending in April for South Africans
Bursaries Ending In March For South Africans
Bursaries Closing in August for South Africans
Bursaries Closing In September For South Africans
Education & Teaching Bursaries for South Africans
Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Government Bursaries for South Africans
Accounting Bursaries for South Africans
General Bursaries for South Africans
Drama & Theatre Bursaries for South Africans
Journalism Bursaries for South Africans
Investment Bursaries for South Africans
Transport & Road Bursaries for South Africans
Dance Bursaries for South Africans
Hospitality Bursaries for South Africans
Supply chain & Logistics Bursaries for South Africans
Economics Bursaries for South Africans
Transport Economics Bursaries for South Africans
Cheffing & Cooking Bursaries for South Africans
Business Related Bursaries for South Africans
Sports Bursaries for South Africans
Speech & Hearing Therapy Bursaries for South Africans
Sale & Retail Bursaries for South Africans
Finance & Financial Management Bursaries for South Africans
Risk management Bursaries for South Africans
Social Work Bursaries for South Africans
Financial Accounting Bursaries for South Africans
Real Estate & Property Bursaries
Purchasing & Buying Bursaries for South Africans
Chattered Accounting Bursaries for South Africans
Human Resources Bursaries for South Africans
Music Bursaries for South Africans
Travel & Tourism Bursaries for South Africans
Public Administration Bursaries for South Africans
Auditing Bursaries for South Africans
Political Bursaries for South Africans
Performing Arts Bursaries for South Africans
Operations & Operations Management Bursaries For South Africans
Jewelry Design Bursaries for South Africans
Fine & Visual Arts Bursaries for South Africans
Media & Communications Bursaries for South Africans
Film & Motion Picture Bursaries for South Africans
Marketing Bursaries for South Africans
Fashion & Textile Bursaries for South Africans
Language Bursaries for South Africans
Radiography Bursaries for South Africans
Psychology Bursaries for South Africans
Metallurgy Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Structural Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Physiotherapy Bursaries for South Africans
Nursing Bursaries for South Africans
Health Science & Health-Related Bursaries for South Africans
Systems Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Orthotics & Prosthetics Bursaries for South Africans
Pharmacy Bursaries for South Africans
Construction Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Chemical Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Mining Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Mechatronics Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Industrial Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Mechanical Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Electronics Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Electrical Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Sound Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Civil Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering Bursaries for South Africans
Occupational Therapy Bursaries for South Africans
Leave a Reply