Table Of Interest
- 1 UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 Out | How To Apply Easily
- 1.1 UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 Out | How To Apply Easily
- 1.2 UMYU Postgraduate Available Programmes & Duration.
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic “UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 Out | How To Apply Easily”.
This has become absolutely necessary as several of our site visitors have been sending us emails concerning information as to when the UMYU postgraduate application process will become.
However, we are glad to be inform you that the UMYU postgraduate admission form is out and these may answer some of the very many questions people have been asking such as [umyu postgraduate admission list, umyu pg courses, umyu admission list 2019/2020, umyu portal, umyu portal login, how much is umyu fees, umyu news, umyu postgraduate registration, UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 Out | How To Apply Easily].
Nevertheless, you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog.
Before Proceeding, you are advised to first take a look at the Updated UMYU Postgraduate Courses so as to get a review of the new courses added.
The sale of UMYU Postgraduate application form for the 2019/2020 academic session has been extended from Monday 6 January, 2020 to 20th January, 2020.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following full-time Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and Ph.D programs of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The following shall qualify for the Postgraduate Diploma admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale or its equivalent in relevant areas;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) without Education obtained at credit level with a three years relevant postgraduate experience;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
- Candidates with third class degree in areas other than Education can be considered after three years relevant postgraduate experience. Those in the Education may be considered in their area of specialization;
- All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
The following shall qualify for the Master’s Degree Programmes: –
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained the approved Bachelors Degree with at least Second-Class Honors (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale. Candidates with Second-Class Lower who do not make up CGPA of 3.00 must possess a Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized institution with at least a credit level pass (CGPA 3.50) in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
The following shall qualify for Professional Masters’ degree admission:
- Candidates who possess Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) at a scale of 5 and at least a credit pass at Postgraduate Diploma (CGPA 3.50) of a recognized Institution;
- Candidates with any Bachelor’s degree in Third Class division who have at least five years relevant working experience.
The following shall qualify for Master of Philosophy admission: –
- Graduates of Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale shall be required to register for M.Phil/Ph.D and must score a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.d in the proposed area.
DEGREE OF DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D)
The following shall qualify for the Doctor of Philosophy admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with CGPA of 4.00 appropriate to the proposed areas of study;
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained Masters of Philosophy degree with CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.D in the appropriate to the proposed areas of study;
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelors degree in Second Class lower division (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University;
- Candidate must state the proposed area of Research and submit a synopsis of not less than 500 words of the proposed topic of research.
In addition to A, B, C and D above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s matriculation requirements i.e five credit passes at the O’level to include English and Mathematics.
All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
Department of Education
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instructions
- M.Ed. Educational Psychology
- M.Ed. Educational Management
- M.Sc. (Ed) Physics
- M.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
- M.Sc. (Ed) Geography
- M.Sc. (Ed) Chemistry
- M.Sc. (Ed) Biology
Department of Library and Information Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information and Record Management (PGDIRM)
Department of Arabic
- M. A. Arabic
- Ph.D Arabic
Department of Nigerian Languages (Hausa)
- M.A. Hausa
- Ph.D. Hausa
Department of History and Sociology
- M.A History
- Ph.D. History
Department of Islamic Studies
- M. A. Islamic Studies
- Ph.D. Islamic Studies
Department of English and French
- M.A. English
- How To Start A Bridal Shop Business In Nigeria
- How To Start A Phone Selling Business In Nigeria
- How To Start A Perfume Business In Nigeria
- Nigeria’s Got Talent Registration, audition dates and Venue 2019
- 6 Top Lucrative Business You can do to make Money During Christmas
- The Voice Nigeria registration, Audition Dates and Venues 2019
- Peak Talent Hunt registration Audition dates and Venues
Department of Economics
- M.Sc. Economics
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- M.Sc. Chemistry
Department of Geography
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD)
- M.Sc. Geography
- Ph.D. Geography
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Mathematics
Department of Biology
- M.Sc. Biology
Department of Physics
- M.Sc. Physics
- Postgraduate Diploma……………2 to 4 Semesters
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD) ……….2 to 4 Semesters
- M.A./M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ed)……………4 to 6 Semesters
- Ph.D ………………….6 to 10 Semesters
How to Apply for UMYU Postgraduate Admission.
- Interested candidates for all the Postgraduate Programmes can apply online via the University portal http://portal.umyu.edu.ng/pgapplication .
- The procedures of payment of application fees (N10, 500) are available at www.umyu.edu.ng or http://portal.umyu.edu.ng/pgapplication.
- All candidates are required to request their previous institutions to forward copies of their academic transcripts accompanied by Form B, to the Secretary Postgraduate School, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina.
Thanks For Reading