Table Of Interest
- 1 JAMB CBT Centre Requirements In 2020 | Requirements To Get A Functional JAMB CBT Centre
- 1.1 JAMB CBT Centre Requirements In 2020 | Requirements To Get A Functional JAMB CBT Centre
- 1.2 COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) CENTRE REQUIREMENTS
- 1.2.1 A. Network Cable for Biometric Verification
- 1.2.2 B. Recommended Examination Sessions Per Day
- 1.2.3 C. Subsisting Accreditation Requirements
- 1.2.4 JAMB CBT Centers Registration Requirements
- 1.2.5 JAMB CCTV SYSTEM
- 1.2.6 System Requirements for each center
- 1.2.7 CCTV Installation
- 1.2.8 Coverage Areas
- 1.2.9 Support and Maintenance
- 1.2.10 JAMB Resources You May Want To Explore
Have you been searching for “JAMB CBT Centre Requirements In 2020 as well as Requirements To Get A Functional JAMB CBT Centre?“, then you are absolutely in the right place,
For the past 2 or 3 years, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Exams has completely become Computer-Based Tests (CBT) from the earlier option Paper Based Tests (PPT).
Therefore, they were serious need to establish several functional Computer-Based tests centres in Nigeria and as an organization or institution that you own, you can decide to open one. However there are several requirments you need to meet to open a JAMB CBT centre and it is what we are going to be talking about today.
Therefore, if you are among those searching for answers to [how much does jamb pay cbt centers, business plan for jamb cbt centre, cost of setting up a jamb cbt center, how to become jamb registration centre, how to become an accredited jamb registration centre, cbt centre proposal, how to become jamb registration agent, jamb cbt requirement, JAMB CBT Centre Requirements In 2020 | Requirements To Get A Functional JAMB CBT Centre], then you can see that you are not the only one.
However, you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog.
JAMB CBT Centre Requirements In 2020 | Requirements To Get A Functional JAMB CBT Centre
SCORE 280+ In JAMB 2020 Download and Install JAMB CBT APP NOW for practice. CLICK HERE
Message O8132420817 on Whatsapp for more info on How to Activate After Installing
Your success is directly proportional to your smart work and Hard Work
JAMB CBT: What Are The Rules This Year?
JAMB Computer Based Test (CBT) Centre Requirements
- The compulsory download of the custom browser from JAMB website mentioned above. It should be done for all the computer systems in the centre, without exclusions.
- The area of examination, which is the rooms and halls, has to be covered properly by the signal jammer. If there are rooms that are not covered by it, it should be fixed before the exam time comes.
- The centre without a stable Airtel/MTN connection is not allowed to be used for examination.
- During the test, no one should enter the CBT centre with the following items: any kind of pen/biro, electronic devices, and wrist watches.
- During the examination, the signals from the outside have to be restricted with the help of signal jammer.
What is JAMB CCTV system?
- Recording of any activities in the centre and outside it during the test.
- Remote viewing of the activities.
- Ability to store the recordings for longer than one month.
- Live access to the centre for remote viewing by JAMB board.
COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) CENTRE REQUIREMENTS
A. Network Cable for Biometric Verification
A single NETWORK CABLE to connect biometric verification system (point) to Server Room
All biometric verifications (before & after examination) would now be captured real-time by JAMB Examination Delivery Server
No show should have his/her biometrics & picture freshly captured at the Centre
Use of STAR TOPOLOGY for LAN for easy troubleshooting and system maintenance
B. Recommended Examination Sessions Per Day
Every CBT Centre must have capacity to hold 4 examination sessions per day
The fourth session would be used as reserve session provided for rescue services
C. Subsisting Accreditation Requirements
All CCTV Systems must be wired. No more wireless CCTV Systems
CCTV cameras must cover all areas about examination:
- verification area
- Holding room
- work ways (if any)
- examination hall,
- Server room
- Entrance & exit doors
Holding Rooms must be in good proximity to the examination hall & must be adequately sized
Make-shift CBT centres are NOT allowed; all centres must therefore be dedicated CBT centres that are used and maintained as such all year round
100 Access codes to each Centre & monitored
Opening of a minimum 10 access point out 100 for each Centre
All centres must be within MTN or AIRTEL network coverage
All Centre networks must be powered by Switches. No hubs allowed
Centres are strongly advised to use static IP addresses rather than Dynamic IP Addressing
Conveniences both within the Examination hall and waiting areas
Their must be no flying cables. All cables MUST be trunked
JAMB CBT Centers Registration Requirements
A. Mapping of NIMC Enrolment Centres
NIMC enrolment centres mapped with CBT Centres to attend to candidates who may come for UTME/DE registration but do not yet have National Identification Number (NIN)
JAMB would provide transportation to such candidates to and fro the mapped NIMC enrolment centre at no cost to the candidates
20 access codes to each Centre & monitored
Opening of a minimum 10 access point out 20 for each Centre
No more scanning of Picture. All pictures will be captured live through USB cameras
All registration points must have dual screens each facing the operator and candidate. Candidates must be able to review their data before submission
Candidate must preview registration before submission
Every Centre must open NOT less than 10 registration points
All registrations require biometric fingerprint authentication to print first copy of registration slip
Use Futronics FS80H Fingerprint Scanner
LED table top lights must be provided for bright picture
JAMB CCTV SYSTEM
The conduct of JAMB exam yearly requires tighter security. CCTV cameras will be installed to increase center security and prevention of malpractices during the conduct of the exam.
JAMB is desirous of implementing a CCTV network to perform the following tasks
1. Live recording of activities in and around the center
2. Remote live viewing on Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
3. Live remote viewing of activities recorded (playback) on the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) of the center
4. Ability to store recordings locally in each location for more than 1 month
Through the VPN network, JAMB will be able to access any center of choice for live remote viewing (preferably through browser), video or picture playback and download.
There are 2 major types of DVR/Cameras in the market.
a) DVR with IP Cameras and
b) DVR with analog cameras
Due to the higher cost of IP CCTV cameras, the DVR can be implemented with analog cameras. What is majorly required is the Network capability of the DVR to enable remote access through RJ45 port. (Wireless DVRs are not advised).
System Requirements for each center
Each center is expected to acquire the following specification of CCTV devices
1. Digital Video Recorder
a. Playback through local software
b. Remote Playback through Wired Network
c. Standard search and navigation control
d. Playback with DVR App or standard browser access
e. H.264 minimum video compression technology.
f. DVR/HVR/NVR 3 in 1 functionality required
g. P2P Remote live viewing on Smartphone, tablet or PC via easy to use App or browser
h. Smart search function with easy playback
i. Minimum 8 Channel 720P High-resolution day/night camera capable
j. Support motion detection
k. Support email alerts
l. Pre-installed minimum of 1 TB SATA Hard drive or higher
m. Flexible display port with VGA and HDMI output
n. USB Mouse for local access
o. IR Remote control
p. Password functionality for DVR Access
q. RJ45 Network port required for
r. Capability for Live IP configuration
s. Image or video export to USB media device e.g. USB Drive.
t. Active noise filtering and voice recording
2. Camera Specification
a. Weatherproof Indoor and Outdoor cameras
b. True Daylight and Night monitoring capability with minimum 66 Ft IR Range (IP66)
c. IR Night vision LED cameras
d. Minimum video standards: PAL (50f/s) and NTSC (60 f/s)
e. Separate power adapters for cameras
f. High-resolution CMOS sensor
g. Minimum 1500 TVL
h. IP Cameras at a marginally higher price acceptable.
3. User manual (DVR and Camera)
4. Power specification
a. 12 Volt DVR with minimum 3000mA adapter
b. 12 Volt Cameras with minimum 2000mA adapter
c. Maximum of 4 Cameras per 2000mA power adapter
d. Maximum of 8 Cameras per 3000mA power adapter
5. Camera should have voice recording capabilities
1. Each CCTV system will require the DVR be installed in the Server room or any secure/restricted access room.
2. Maximum length of wiring for each camera must not exceed 150Ft for video power camera cables (allin-one pre-made length)
3. High quality BNC Female camera adapter
4. For internal cameras, dome or sectional cameras can be used.
5. For external cameras, bullet /outdoor cameras will be used.
6. Independent backup power to be provided for CCTV system
7. Camera installation must be on ceiling at all times with no visible cabling.
8. All cameras must be out of physical reach of all staff and candidates.
9. Power distribution boxes are required for powering the CCTV cameras. Direct connection to power supply adaptor not advised.
Each Camera system must cover the following areas
1. Entry door (from the inside)
2. Exit door (from the inside)
3. Cross-sectional coverage for examination rooms
4. External building (including front doors)
5. If in proximity, Biometric verification area.
6. Candidate’s waiting for area/lobby
7. Server room
Support and Maintenance
1. Each CCTV installation must be supported/performed by a trained CCTV engineer
All video loss on any camera must be reported immediately to the installer
- Read and understand at once
- Why you may fail JAMB 2020 and How To Avoid Them
- Bye-bye to cheating in JAMB 2020
- How to score High in JAMB UTME 2020
- How to manage exam Stress
- Beat Admission cut off of any university with this tips