Table Of Interest
- 1 UCT Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship For Sub-Saharan Africans In Africa 2020
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic titled “UCT Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship For Sub-Saharan Africans In Africa 2020”.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the Barts Charity Nurse/AHP Clinical Research Fellowships For International Students In UK 2020 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to [urc postdoctoral research fellowships, postdoc environmental microbiology south africa, postdoctoral jobs in south africa, uct fellows, why do a postdoctoral fellowship, call for postdoctoral fellowship 2020, postdoctoral fellowship in management 2020, nrf postdoctoral fellowship 2019, UCT Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship For Sub-Saharan Africans In Africa 2020], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “UCT Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship For Sub-Saharan Africans In Africa, 2020”.
UCT Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship For Sub-Saharan Africans In Africa 2020
The Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is now available at The University of Cape Town in South Africa for the year 2020.
Students from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The HIGENES Africa project aims to use Whole genome sequencing (WES), bio-informatic analysis and functional studies to study the largest sample of sub-Saharan Africans from Cameroon, Mali, Ghana, Sudan, Rwanda and South Africa with prelingual autosomal recessive non-syndromic hearing impairment (ARNSHI), to identify novel and relevant NSHI genes in African populations.
The University of Cape Town is a public research university located in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. UCT was founded in 1829 as the South African College making it the oldest higher education institute in South Africa.
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships | Study Abroad Scholarships
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe
- 4 Year Scholarships | List Of Full Ride Scholarships
- All Harvard University Scholarships
- Scholarships For Psychology Major | Psychology Scholarships
- Scholarships For African American Students | African American Scholarships
- Asian American Scholarships | Japanese American Scholarships
- Applications Deadline: November 26, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The Division of Human Genetics invites highly motivated individuals to apply for a Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship to be part of a multidisciplinary team of experts as part of the Hearing Impairment Genetics Study in Africa (HIGeneS Africa) project under the directorship of Prof Ambroise Wonkam.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship is valued at R300 000 per annum. The fellowship may be renewed for a second year depending on satisfactory progress and mutual agreement.
- Nationality: Students from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Students from Sub-Saharan Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must have:
- A PhD degree (achieved within 2 years of this application) in an area of Human Genetics, Molecular/Cell Biology or Bioinformatics.
- Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques (e.g. cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and fragment analysis, DNA and RNA isolation, quantitative Real-Time PCR, RNA interference), and immunoblotting), common cell biology techniques (e.g. immunofluorescence). Experience in sequence library preparation (e.g., using the Illumina NextSeq™ 500)
- Experience in basic statics like R, SPSS and STATA
- Previous experience in LIMS and quality control
The following would be advantageous:
- Evidence of a publication record
- Bioinformatics skill set needed to process raw FASTQ files
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please email applications to Dr Carmen de Kock (carmen.dekock-at-uct.ac.za)
The following documents are required:
- A letter of application in which the candidate’s research interests are outlined;
- A Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications;
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts (no certificates); and
- The names and contact details of two academic referees who have taught/supervised the applicant.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “UCT Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship For Sub-Saharan Africans In Africa, 2020″.
Thanks For Reading
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2020/2021| Study Abroad Scholarships 2020
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2020/2021
- 4 Year Scholarships 2020/2021 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2020
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2021
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2020/2021 | Psychology Scholarships 2020
- Scholarships For African American Students 2020/2021 | African American Scholarships 2020
- Asian American Scholarships 2020 | Japanese American Scholarships 2020