Table Of Interest
- 1 PTDF Scholarship | PTDF Overseas And Local Scholarship 2019/2020
- 1.1 About PTDF Scholarship
- 1.2 General Criteria/Requirements For The Scholarship
- 1.3 MSc. Requirements
- 1.4 Ph.D. Requirements
- 1.5 PTDF Scholarship Overseas Institutions
- 1.6 MSc. List Of Approved Courses
- 1.7 Ph.D. List of Approved Courses (Priority Research Areas)
- 1.8 How To Apply For The PTDF Scholarship
Sequence to my last post on PTDF Scholarship 2019 for undergraduates, I highlighted all the tricks and methods of being successful in the PTDF scholarship.
However, today, you and I will take a look at the topic “PTDF Scholarship | PTDF Overseas And Local Scholarship 2019/2020″.
This has become necessary as a lot of students have been asking me several questions about the subject matter.
Nonetheless, if you are among those that have been searching for [ptdf scholarship portal, how much is ptdf scholarship worth, ptdf scholarship 2019 shortlist, ptdf 2019/2020, ptdf scholarship result, ptdf scholarship 2019/2020, ptdf flexisaf, ptdf scholarship list, PTDF Scholarship | PTDF Overseas And Local Scholarship 2019/2020], then you can see that you are not alone.
However, you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog.
Therefore, without wasting much of your time, lets head to the topic “PTDF Scholarship | PTDF Overseas And Local Scholarship 2019/2020” under the following headings;
- About PTDF Scholarship
- General Criteria/Requirements For The scholarship
- MSc. Requirements
- Ph.D. Requirements
- PTDF Overseas Institutions
- MSc. List Of Approved Courses
- Ph.D. List of Approved Courses
- How To Apply For The PTDF scholarship 2019/2020
Without wasting much of your time, lets head there immediately.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund AKA PTDF is a parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by law for the purpose of;
Developing and Promoting Petroluem Technology
Creating the human resource needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
However, the OSS (Oversea Scholarship Scheme) was formed by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund as a short-term measure to address identified skill gaps pending the outcome of various capacity building efforts being made to enable our domestic universities effectively handle the task of grooming professionals in oil and gas related disciplines.
Therefore, the fund reserves the right to allocate prospective applicants to scholarship institutions and field/programmes targeted at filling those gaps.
Nevertheless, with the very many upgrade programmes and opportunities executed by the fund in many Federal Universities in Nigeria, the emphasis has moved to training Nigerians in the country.
Therefore, only a limited number of candidates will be then be sponsored overseas while the rest remain in Nigeria Universities.
However, to ensure steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for overseas and in-country(local) MSc. and Ph.D. Scholarships.
Furthermore, awards will be granted for studies in the 2019/2020 academic session in the United Kingdom, Brazil, Germany, France [through Campus France], reputable Institutions in the United States of America as well as other Federal Universities and Centres of Excellence here In Nigeria.
- Kings College London International Scholarship 2019
- Fully funded Duke University International undergraduate Scholarship 2019
- 100% tuition free Cambridge University MBA scholarship 2019
The following are the criteria/ requirement for the PTDF scholarship.
Therefore, all applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(USA).
- GMAT for all management related Disciplines (USA)
- Graduate Record Examination (G.R.E) the USA
- International Engish Language Testing System (IELTS)(UK).
The following are the Requirements for MSc.
Therefore, the candidate must;
- obtain a minimum of second class upper usually known and referred to as (2:1) in an oil and gas related field or a (2:2) with oil and gas industry experience
- have in possession a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate
- be a computer literate.
- be in possession of his/her O/Level result with compulsory credit in English language [usually at least c6 in SSCE?WAEC or c4 and above in NECO.
- not be above 30 years of age to apply for the scholarship
The following are the requirements for Ph.D.
Therefore, the applicant must;
- have a minimum of a second class upper (2:1) in oil and gas related field or a (2:2) with oil and gas industry experience.
- obtain a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate.
- not be more than 40 years of age as at the time of application
- be versatile in computer operations
- posses his/her O/level result with compulsory credit in English language [at least c6 in WAEC/SSCE or c4 and above in NECO
- possess a valid admission letter
- have a minimum of 2:2 in their first degree and a minimum of merit as a second degree certificate in an oil and gas related discipline.
- be requested to submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry which is usually not more than 5 pages.
However, the proposal must contain important highlights such as the topic, introduction, objective, methodology, relevance to the industry and mode of data collection.
- be employable in the academics fields in any reputable Nigerian institution teaching oil and gas related disciplines.
To get more information about the PTDF overseas institutions, read through the information below.
The list of approved courses for Overseas MSc. Sponsorship for the year is published at PTDF website here.
Therefore, candidates are advised to apply for admission into universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, France and the United States that offer the courses while applying for the PTDF scholarship.
However, the local scholarship scheme applicants can apply to all federal Universities and Centre of Excellence in courses relevant to the oil and gas industry.
In addendum to the MSc. Program areas, the Ph.D. research areas are published on PTDF website initially talked about above.
You can get more information by clicking here.
Applications are done online.
Nonetheless, you can pay by using ATM (Interswitch, Master and Visa card) or through the purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of the First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 states and FCT upon a “NON REFUNDABLE” sum of an N1, 000 (One Thousand Naira).
Read Also:- How To Study Effectively and Efficiently
Well, instructions on how to access the form online are clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Therefore, all interested candidates should kindly note that only those who meet the requirements spelled out above shall be shortlisted and consequently be-be invited for a computer-based test in the case of MSc. applicants.
However, in the case of Ph.D. applicants (Full time and split-site, will be given an oral interview on dates to be announced later.
After a successful aptitude test and interview, candidates will then be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
Likewise, it is pertinent to note that applicants are advised to scan and attach the following underlisted documents to their online application forms;
- First-degree certificate or Statement Of Result
- Admission letter (PhD.) applicants
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- 2 recent passport Photographs
- Local Government Identification letter
- Master’s degree Certificate (PhD. Applicants only).
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results
Anyway, that’s the much I can take on the topic “PTDF Scholarship | PTDF Overseas And Local Scholarship 2019/2020”.
However, it is very important to note that applications have not yet begun.
Nonetheless, if you need me to personally inform you when the scholarship officially begins, do not hesitate to leave your phone number and or email in the comment box.
Thanks For Reading
Finally, remember that SHARING is CARING.
See Other Articles That Might Interest You
- 50 best happy birthday wishes you your friends and families
- How to open a domiciliary account with First Bank and GT Bank
- How to do your National Identity Card and Get It Quickly