Table Of Interest
- 1 PhD Scholarship In Computer Science For International Students At Ghent University In Belgium 2020
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic titled “ PhD Scholarship In Computer Science For International Students At Ghent University In Belgium 2020 ”.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the PhD Scholarship In Computer Science For International Students At Ghent University In Belgium 2020 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to [ghent university scholarship 2020, ghent university scholarship for master degree in belgium, ghent university phd scholarship for developing countries, ghent university online application, belgium scholarship, short term training scholarship in canada, belgium phd vacancies, short term training scholarships for developing countries, PhD Scholarship In Computer Science For International Students At Ghent University In Belgium 2020 ], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “ PhD Scholarship In Computer Science For International Students At Ghent University In Belgium 2020”.
PhD Scholarship In Computer Science For International Students At Ghent University In Belgium, 2020
The Ghent University is happy to announce PhD scholarship in Computer Science: Human-Computer Interaction for applicants who have Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Civil Engineering/Computer Science (or equivalent).
This project aims to fill this lacuna and will create the first morphosyntactically annotated and parsed corpus of the European Spanish dialects.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences.
Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
To be able to determine the proficiency of someone’s knowledge of Dutch or English, Ghent University uses the Common European Framework Reference for Foreign Languages.
There are six foreign language proficiency levels and is a basis for the recognition of language qualifications.
- Applications Deadline: January 07, 2021
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Computer Science: Human-Computer Interaction. The PhD research topic is part of a Hercules (FWO) project (see description below), and focuses on design and realisation of “Games with a purpose / Serious games” with applications in the domain of Spanish dialectology and Natural Language Processing.
- Nationality: Scholarship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate has a Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Civil Engineering/Computer Science (or equivalent).
- The candidate should have outstanding academic skills, and a clear interest in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) research.
- The candidate has extensive knowledge and a great interest in software development, because software development of gaming applications is done throughout the research trajectory.
- The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team, and will be guided by advisors with a computer science/HCI background (UHasselt) and with a background in language studies / linguistics (UGent). Therefore, the candidate will spend time in both host universities.
- It is a strong advantage if the candidate has received training and/or gained experience in Human-Computer Interaction topics related to end-user interaction and motivation, user-centred design approaches, prototyping and evaluation techniques.
- Experience developing applications for mobile devices as well as game development is a plus. A possible category of games that is envisioned in the research are 2D online games.
- Due to the application domain of the project and the activities to perform during the PhD trajectory, having advanced knowledge of the Spanish language is highly desirable.
The successful candidate is appointed for two years, and the scholarship is prolonged for another two years after a positive evaluation of the candidate’s research trajectory.
How to Apply: The application in English should include
- A motivation letter, summarizing the candidate’s background and capabilities, and describing his/her motivation for this position
- Attested copies of education certificates, and a list of master courses with the grades obtained
- An extensive CV
- Contact information (e-mail) of potential referees
Applications are to be sent by e-mail to Prof. Dr Miriam Bouzouita (Miriam.Bouzouita-at-UGent.be) and Dr Gustavo Rovelo gustavo.roveloruiz-at-uhasselt.be. Application deadline: January 7th, 2019.
Contact persons for more information:
- For general information about the Hercules project: Prof. Dr Miriam Bouzouita (Principal Investigator): Miriam.Bouzouita-at-UGent.be;
- For specifications about this post: Prof. Dr Karin Coninx karin.coninx-at-uhasselt.be and Dr Gustavo Rovelo gustavo.roveloruiz-at-uhasselt.be.
That’s the much we can take on the topic ” PhD Scholarship In Computer Science For International Students At Ghent University In Belgium, 2020 “.
Thanks For Reading
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2020/2021| Study Abroad Scholarships 2020
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2020/2021
- 4 Year Scholarships 2020/2021 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2020
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2021
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2020/2021 | Psychology Scholarships 2020
- Scholarships For African American Students 2020/2021 | African American Scholarships 2020
- Asian American Scholarships 2020 | Japanese American Scholarships 2020