Table Of Interest
- 1 PG Group Bursary South Africa 2020/2021
If you have been searching for PG Group Bursary South Africa 2020/2021, engineering bursaries, taxation bursaries South Africa, sound engineering scholarships in South Africa, bursaries for permanent residents in South Africa, aeronautical bursaries, aecom bursary, bank bursaries, ppc bursary, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary, the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain, any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application, and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank, or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
PG Group was established in 1897 in Cape Town, South Africa. The group produces, installs and distributes glass film solutions, automotive glass and aluminium. PG is the most well-known glass name across Southern Africa.
The PG Group have invested in numerous well-known companies, including the following:
PG Aluminium who is a top manufacturer and installer of custom made architectural aluminium doors and windows.
PG Primador who supply top quality aluminium windows, aluminium doors, as well as aluminium shower door frames.
PFG who is a top manufacturer of patterned glass, float glass, mirrors, laminated glass, and sealant products.
PG Glass who is the top supplier of glass replacement services for auto and building.
PG Building Glass who are the top distributor of SmartGlass, mirror, and float products.
Shatterprufe who are top distributors and manufacturers of OE Auto and replacement glass products.
LLumar Films who produce LLumar™ high-performance window film for auto glass, home, and building glass.
PG Africa who distribute, repair, and replace auto and building glass.
Widney Transport Components supply specialty sliding window solutions and commercial vehicle glass.
FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
Bursaries will be awarded to students in the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees and prescribed books.
Bursary students are required to take part in vac work at PG Group during their holidays – students will be paid each day.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time towards one of the aforementioned Engineering qualifications (second or third year of study)
- Must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for the current and previous year of study
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Apply online at http://pg.pnet.co.za. via the “Bursary Students” tab
Before you can apply, you will be required to register an account here: http://pg.pnet.co.za/#s=applicant_new
Thereafter you may log in here: http://pg.pnet.co.za/?s=login and proceed with your application.
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy of)
- Latest exam results (certified copy of)
- Curriculum Vitae (certified copy of)
28 June 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the PG Group directly:
PG Group: Head Office
Tel: 011 417 5800
Fax: 011 417 5895
Email: [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “PG Group Bursary South Africa 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading