Table Of Interest
- 1 Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers Bursary South Africa 2020/2021
If you have been searching for Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers Bursary South Africa 2020/2021, bursaries for permanent residents in south africa, sound engineering scholarships in south africa, engineering bursaries, nampak bursary, bursaries for industrial engineering,aeronautical bursaries, nanoteq bursary, masters engineering bursaries, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application, and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or parents’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd, founded in 2002, is a firm of dynamic professional engineers and project managers. The company provides affordable solutions by way of professional services, within the following fields: Project Management; Structural Engineering; Road Engineering; Municipal Engineering; Water and Wastewater; Geotechnical Investigations.
The company is black led and has a staff force of 1 professional technologist, 2 technologists, 3 professional engineers, 7 experienced civil engineering technicians, and 8 engineers.
FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The Mtema Mashao Bursary Scheme was initiated with the aim of assisting potential future employees, by funding their studies and improving their skills and education within the sector. Bursaries will be awarded to students who wish to study and pursue a career within the Engineering sector.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals.
Bursary recipients will be required to take part in vacation working during the June and December holidays. Once students have graduated, they must work at Mtema Mashao for at least the equivalent duration as bursary funding received (as a minimum)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between 18 and 26 years old
- Excellent academic record – must have achieved a minimum “C” symbol average
- *Preference will be given to financially needing students who meet tertiary institution admission requirements
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Mtema Mashao Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Please also download and agree to the Mtema Mashao Bursary T&C’s (.pdf) before applying
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Latest academic records/ school exam results (certified copies),
- Certificates of qualifications (certified copies),
- Proof of tertiary acceptance/ registration (letter from the tertiary institution),
- Details of the intended course of study,
- Invoice/ list of expenses for the intended course of study,
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ affidavit if unemployed),
- Research proposal (for Masters students only).
Applications must be posted to:
Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 78
30 October annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers directly:
Tel: 013 752 3929/ 013 752 3930
Email: [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers Bursary South Africa 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading