Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for Mondia Media Bursary South Africa 2024/2025, sabc media bursaries 2024, media studies bursaries for 2024, bursary media release, paarl media bursaries, software development bursaries in south africa, revolution media academy bursary, bank bursaries in south africa, accommodation bursaries in south africa, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
Mondia Media, founded in 1999, are global leaders in digital monetisation. Mondia’s specialties include Telecommunication Services, Digital Solutions, Content Aggregation, Mobile Gaming, Video on Demand, Music Streaming, Curated Music Playlists, Full Entertainment Solutions, Direct Carrier Billing, API Enablement and Value Added Services.
Headquartered in Dubai, the company also has offices in South Africa, Spain, Singapore, Germany, Italy and Egypt, as well as operating in over 26 countries.
FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Mondia will be awarding bursaries within the following fields:
- Software Development
- Information Systems
- Digital and Multimedia Marketing
The bursary may cover all or part of study related expenses, including tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals.
Students will also be able to take part in vacation work or practical training each year (where applicable).
SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Once students have graduated, they may be able to join the company of an internship programme at Mondia dependant on availability within the company at the time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and if you do not receive any feedback by 15 March 2020 please accept that your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements before applying (please note that failure to meeting all the requirements will lead to your application automatically disqualified):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised South African University or University of Technology
- Strong academic results with a minimum of 70% in current studies
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Mondia Media Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic record/ transcripts on tertiary institute letterhead (certified copy)
- Latest fees statement on tertiary institute letterhead (certified copy)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded a bursary
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
(Insert your name and subject of study in the email subject line).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Mondia Media directly:
Tel: 010 010 5274
Email: [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Mondia Media Bursary South Africa ”.
Thanks For Reading