Table Of Interest
- 1 Johannesburg Water Bursary South Africa 2021/2022
If you have been searching for Johannesburg Water Bursary South Africa 2021/2022, it bursaries 2021 South Africa, bursaries 2021, fnb bursaries, scholarships in South Africa, magalies water bursary, saipa bursaries, bursaries for 2021, saica bursaries, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary, the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain, any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application, and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or parents’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank, or police station.
- Integrity, they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
Johannesburg Water SOC Ltd (JW), solely owned by the City of Johannesburg (CoJ), is a municipal entity that was incorporated in 2000 and began commencement of business operations in 2001. The company was formed with the goal of providing the over 5 million people of Johannesburg with accessibility to quality sanitation services and water.
Johannesburg Water supplies and distributes over 1500 megalitres of potable water every day, which is procured treated from Rand Water. JW operates across 6 regions, with 6 wastewater treatment plants and 10 network depots. The company employs around 2500 staff members and has a turnover of over R8 billion.
FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Johannesburg Water will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering (BEng Tech)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) (BEng Tech)
- Finance (B Com)
- Financial Accounting (B Com)
- Management Accounting (B Com)
The bursary will cover the following expenses: full tuition fees, residence, and a cash allowance, students will also be able to partake in paid vacation work.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days of the application deadline – if you do not receive any feedback within this time frame, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Completed your first year of study
- Studying at a recognized tertiary institution in Gauteng (University of Johannesburg/ University of Pretoria/ University of the Witwatersrand/ Tshwane University of Technology/ Vaal University of Technology)
- Good academic record
- Proven financial need
- Have NOT previously received bursary award or other study funding (except NSFAS)
- *Preference will be given to female students and students with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Johannesburg Water Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date (certified copy)
- Official statement of results (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ admission
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed (certified copies)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to [email protected]
(Insert the words “Johannesburg Water Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
1 February 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Johannesburg Water directly:
Tel: 011 688 1400
Email: jw.h[email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Johannesburg Water Bursary South Africa 2021/2022”.
Thanks For Reading