Edo State Bursary Allocation
Table Of Interest
- 1 Edo State Bursary Allocation
- 1.1 Response Of Students To Edo State Bursary Allocation To Students
- 1.2 NAESS Progress on Edo State Bursary Allocation
- 1.3 Edo state Government Approves Special Bursary For Visually Impaired Students
- 1.4 RELATED BURSARIES FOR SOUTH AFRICANS
It is no longer news that Edo state Government does not give its students Edo State Bursary Allocation and scholarship grants. Edo state students have long been yearning to be like their friends from Delta State in the area of Bursary allocation and scholarship grants but to no avail.
Several students thought the “Talk Na Do” Governor will bring this to accomplishment during his tenure, but of course, he also failed us. A lot of students have blamed this on the students Body NAESS. They have accused both the national and Immediate School bodies of not performing their duties. I remember some students saying that every election year, the NAESS aspirants turn the Edo State Bursary Allocation as their first point of agenda.
Could it truly be that the bodies are not performing their functions or that the state Goverment isn’t responsive?. Lets See what some students said about this.
Do you know that you can surely get an A’level, O’level and Undergraduate scholarship opportunity here in Edo State? Yes, you sure can. All you need is this page information – read on…
Edo is a state in Nigeria. Its capital is Benin City. It is made up of four major ethnic groups; namely Edo (Binis), Esan, Owan and etsako. The population of the entire state is approximately 8 million.
Eligibility and Requirements.
To qualify for the 2020 Edo State government Scholarship Award Scheme, applicants must;
- Be Edo State indigene
- Have Five (5) credit grades in WASC/GCE/SSCE including Maths, English and 3 other relevant subjects obtained in one sitting.
- For undergraduate students, applicant must be a full-time (100 LEVEL) degree students of the under-listed courses in Edo State (Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, Benson Idahosa University, Igbinedion University Okada, University of Benin, WellSpring University).
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
How to Apply.
To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST submit an application with the following information:
- Other Names.
- Functional E-mail address and phone number.
And attach scanned copies of original:
- Admission letter into institution with information on course of study, year of entry and duration.
- SSCE/GCE O’Level Certificate.
- Evidence of State of Origin / Local Government.
- School ID card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport.
Response Of Students To Edo State Bursary Allocation To Students
o3schools interviewed quiet a number of students and they all had to say almost the same thing. Lets see few of their comments. The students names will not be published for privacy reasons.
Response 1:- We don’t have any association. All they think about is themselves. The state government is not encouraging our students to become better.
Response 2:- NAESS has turned the means our means of getting money to aid our studies into politics. NAESS has never done anything for Edo state students. We don’t even receive any benefit from the state government. Our delta counterparts are receiving close to 20,000 Naira and we have nothing. This is really bad.
Response 3:- For me i don’t think the Edo State government is ready to pay The Edo State Bursary Allocation and scholarship grants. If they don’t want to pay, I don’t think NAESS can force them to. Therefore, lets continue praying for this to happen for the younger ones because I am already a final year student.
Could all these comments be true?. Lets see your take on that in the comment box below.
NAESS Progress on Edo State Bursary Allocation
I remembered on January 16, 2017, that NAESS appealed to the state government to commence the award of Edo state Bursary Allocations. They appealed to the Edo state Government to commence the award to all Edo state students nationwide. Did this yield results?
Edo state Government Approves Special Bursary For Visually Impaired Students
The Governor of Edo state has approved a special bursary for students studying in tertiary institutions. Although, this was meant for only the visually impaired students of Edo Origin. Obaseki the state governor gave this approval when National Association Of the Blind paid him a courtesy visit. Obaseki said that
Persons with disabilities are part of the society. It is therefore obligatory on the part of the government to ensure that their welfare is taken care of. On this note, he urged NAB to compile the names of its members who are students in tertiary institutions.
Obaseki further pledged his support for people living with disabilities and donated 1million Naira to the association.
My Opinion On Edo State Bursary Allocation
Finally, i will like to conclude by saying “nothing good comes easy”. If Edo state students want the Edo state Bursary Allocation, they have to keep fighting for it. Vision does not speak at the beginning.
Before i round up, lets see a list of some states that give students bursary. The list may not be too long, but the struggle continues
- Ondo State
- Lagos state
- Delta State
- Ogun State
- Oyo state
I hope you found this article helpful?. You can drop your comments below so that our voices can be heard. You can also follow us on social media; Facebook
Thanks for reading. Furhermore, other articles that may interest you are below
- 18 year old bags PhD scholarship from University of California
- Obama’s top secrets of success
- Aliko Dangote’s Top secrets for Success in all areas of life
RELATED BURSARIES FOR SOUTH AFRICANS