Table Of Interest
- 1 East African Rhodes Scholarships 2020/2021
- 1.1 East African Rhodes Scholarships 2020/2021
- 1.2 ABOUT RHODES SCHOLARSHIP:
- 1.3 Scholarship terms
- 1.4 WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RHODES SCHOLARSHIP FOR EAST AFRICAN STUDENTS 2019:
- 1.5 LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
- 1.6 HOST NATIONALITY:
- 1.7 ELIGIBLE NATIONALITY:
- 1.8 SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS:
- 1.9 RHODES SCHOLARSHIP For East Africans ELIGIBILITY:
- 1.10 HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS RHODES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
- 1.11 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic titled “East African Rhodes Scholarships 2020/2021”.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the East African Rhodes Scholarships 2020/2021 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to [rhodes scholarship 2020, rhodes scholarship nigeria, rhodes scholar australia, rhodes scholarship criteria, where do rhodes scholars live, canadian rhodes scholars foundation scholarships, oxford university’s rhodes scholarship, indianrhodesscholars, East African Rhodes Scholarships 2020/2021], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “East African Rhodes Scholarships 2020/2021.
East African students are currently been invited to hurry and apply for the East African Rhodes Scholarships 2020-2021, only scholars that have proven to be eligible will be given consideration for this program, Hurry now and apply for this program.
The Rhodes Scholarship, named after the Anglo-South African mining magnate and politician Cecil John Rhodes, is an international postgraduate award for students to study at the University of Oxford.
It is widely considered to be one of the world’s most prestigious scholarships. Established in 1902, it was the first large-scale programme of international scholarships, inspiring the creation of a great many other awards across the globe (such as the Fulbright program, Marshall Scholarship, Gates Cambridge Scholarship, and Schwarzman Scholars).
Rhodes Scholars may study any full-time postgraduate course offered by the university, whether a taught master’s programme, a research degree, or a second undergraduate degree (senior status). In the first instance, the scholarship is awarded for two years. However, it may also be held for one year or three years.
Applications for a third year are considered during the course of the second year. University and college fees are paid by the Rhodes Trust. In addition, scholars receive a monthly maintenance stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses.
Although all scholars become affiliated with a residential college while at Oxford, they also enjoy access to Rhodes House, an early 20th-century mansion with numerous public rooms, gardens, a library, study areas, and other facilities.
The Rhodes Trust has announced a new Rhodes Scholarship for East Africa. Young people aged 19-25 from the region will be eligible for the new Scholarship when annual applications open later this year. Detailed eligibility criteria will be published soon at www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/apply.
The new Scholarship will cover Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, and Burundi. Scholarships are already available for Kenya and also for Zambia, Zimbabwe, Southern Africa, and the West Africa region. The Rhodes Trust is funding the first two years of the Scholarship itself and is actively looking for partners to endow the Scholarship in perpetuity.
The new East Africa Scholarship is part of a wider geographic expansion of the Rhodes Scholarships.
The total number of Scholarships awarded each year has increased in recent years from 83 to 100 each year, including new Scholarships in China, West Africa, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Malaysia (reinstated), Palestine, Singapore (reinstated), Syria, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as two new global Scholarships. This increases the number of Rhodes Scholars studying at the University of Oxford at any one time to approximately 250. The expansion into these regions marks a historic moment for the Rhodes Trust, and further strengthens the international Rhodes community.
This RHODES SCHOLARSHIP is for fully funded Postgraduate studies available to EAST African students in virtually any field at an international university of their own choice.
The scholarship is to be taken in the UK
This scholarship is available to scholars from East African Nations amongst which includes Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania or Uganda.
This a fully funded scholarship program which implies that all of the students financial responsibilities will be adequately taken care of amongst other benefits.
The Scholarship may cover the following expenses: registration costs, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks allowance, accommodation, meal allowance, laptop allowance, and a living allowance.
Nationality/citizenship: You must be a citizen of Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania or Uganda.
Education/residency: You must have been resident in one or more of the countries listed above, or Kenya, for at least five of the last ten years.
Age: You must have reached your 19th and not have passed your 26th birthday on 1 October 2019, which means you must have been born after 30 September 1993 and on or before 1 October 2000. Exceptions, extending the upper age limit by no more than 2 years, may be made for students who have undertaken an undergraduate degree of five years or more, at the discretion of the National Secretary. In such cases, exceptions will only be considered for applicants born after 30 September 1991 and on or before 1 October 2000.
Academic achievement: You must have completed (or will have completed by no later than July 2019) an undergraduate degree from a college or university (normally a Bachelor’s degree) to a sufficiently high standard to be admitted to postgraduate study at the University of Oxford. This would normally be the equivalent of a First Class, or a GPA of 3.7 or more. In this respect, please note carefully the requirements for your chosen course at Oxford.
English Language requirement: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/applying-to-oxford/application-guide.
Given the very intense international competition for places at the University of Oxford, candidates studying in Burundi or South Sudan will have a greater chance of successful admission to Oxford if they have an Honours degree (or have taken an Honours year) from a University outside of the their country or if they have studied to Masters level within their country.
Eligible applicants are advised to follow these method of application for this scholarship[ program for East AFrican students
- You can apply online from 01 June 2019 at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk via the scholarships tab.
- You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, before the deadline.
- In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information for candidates on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social reception (e.g. a lunch or dinner reception) and an interview. No candidate will be selected without interview. You must be available to attend the interview and social reception, in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time of these events. Interviews will be held in Kigali,Rwanda, in later October / early November. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed for interview candidates traveling from outside of Rwanda. Overnight accommodation will be provided if necessary.
- All applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application by 15 November 2018
You can also contact the National Secretary for East Africa
Mrs Janet Kabiru
Email: [email protected]
For more information on application please see this Official link for Rhodes scholarship
The deadline for this application is on the August 2020
That’s the much we can take on the topic “East African Rhodes Scholarships 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2020/2021| Study Abroad Scholarships 2020
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2020/2021
- 4 Year Scholarships 2020/2021 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2020
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2021
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2020/2021 | Psychology Scholarships 2020
- Scholarships For African American Students 2020/2021 | African American Scholarships 2020
- Asian American Scholarships 2020 | Japanese American Scholarships 2020