Table Of Interest
- 1 City of Ekurhuleni Bursary South Africa 2021/2022
- 1.1 WHAT IS A BURSARY?
- 1.2 THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
- 1.3 FIELDS COVERED
- 1.4 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 1.5 HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
- 1.6 RELATED BURSARIES FOR SOUTH AFRICANS
If you have been searching for City of Ekurhuleni Bursary South Africa 2021/2022, ekurhuleni bursary office contact details, bursaries for 2021, ekurhuleni community bursary 2021 pdf download, city of johannesburg bursary, ekurhuleni community bursaries 2021, south african bursaries for foreigners, municipality bursaries 2021, metropolitan bursary, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality was established in 2000 to replace the Khayalami Metropolitan Council, the Eastern Gauteng Services Council and prior administrations (including Boksburg, Germiston, Kempton Park, Alberton, Edenvale, Nigel, Benoni, Springs and Brakpan). The metropolitan municipality is part of the East Rand local government.
Ekurhuleni is a XiTsonga word meaning “place of peace” and is one of Gauteng’s 5 districts, as well as one of South Africa’s 8 metropolitan municipalities. IsiZulu is the most commonly spoken native language within the region and Germiston is the seat of Ekurhuleni.
The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study (Bachelor Degree/ National Diploma/ Certificate):
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- Business Science
- Business Administration in Logistics & Supply Chain
- Facility Management
- Development Studies
- Actuarial Science
SCIENCE, AVIATION, ENGINEERING AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Aviation Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Architectural Studies
- Construction Science
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Engineering Transport Planning
- Human Settlement Development
- Water and Sanitation
TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Engineering Design
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Industrial Welding
- Industrial Machinery Mechanic
HEALTH SCIENCES AND HUMAN SCIENCE:
- Medical Science
- Social Science
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY:
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Law Studies
Bursaries will be awarded based on academic achievements and financial need, and current bursary recipients do NOT have to reapply each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- 35 years or younger
- Reside within Ekurhuleni
- Studying or plan to study full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (undergraduate only)
- Total household income of less than R600 000 per year
- Preference will be given to students at a public tertiary institutions
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Ekurhuleni Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Residence permit if applicable (certified copy)
- Proof of residence in Ekurhuleni (Municipal account) (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institute (certified copy)
- Outstanding study fees
- Outstanding municipal accounts
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Death certificates if parents/ guardians are deceased (certified copies)
- Number of siblings studying in your household
- Motivational letter
Applications must be submitted to any of the City of Ekurhuleni public offices, including: libraries, clinics and civic centres. Emailed and faxed applications will NOT be accepted.
22 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality directly:
Busi Sibiya, Tel: 011 999 6339
Thifhelimbilu Mudau, Tel: 011 999 7747
Matsie Molotsi, Tel: 011 999 6342
Morris Nkoana, Tel: 011 999 8602
Norman Shongwe, Tel: 011 999 7852
Princess Mathe, Tel: 011 999 7711
That’s the much we can take on the topic “LegalWise Bursary South Africa 2021/2022”.
Thanks For Reading