Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary South Africa 2020/2021
Table Of Interest
- 1 Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary South Africa 2020/2021
If you have been searching for Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary South Africa 2020/2021, buffalo city municipality, it bursaries 2020 south africa, bursaries for property studies south africa, artisan bursaries in south africa, landscape architecture bursaries south africa, bushbuckridge local municipality bursary, south african bursaries for foreigners, mogale city bursary, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or parents’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality, located within the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, was established in 2000 after municipal areas were reorganised. Before it became a metropolitan municipality, it was part of the Amathole District Municipality, before the seperation occured in 2011.
The municipality includes the towns of Bhisho, King William’s Town and East London and the townships of Zwelitsha and Mdantsane.
The Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Mayoral Bursary will be awarding within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Land Surveying
- Town and Regional Planning
- Facilities Management
- Analytical Chemistry
COVERAGE VALUE & RENEWAL
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary award: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation, study materials and prescribed books.
Students will be selected based on academic merit and the bursary is renewable each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to attend a personal interview by 30 November 2018. If you have not received any feedback by 14 December, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between 14 and 35 years old
- Permanently reside within the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality area
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Willing to work within the Buffalo City once graduated
- Completed Matric OR an NCV Level 3 certificate with Mathematics
- Achieved a minimum “C” symbol/ 60-69% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum “C” symbol/ 60-69% for Accounting in Matric
- Achieved a minimum “C” symbol/ 60-69% for Physical Science in Matric
- Achieved a minimum “D” symbol/ 50-59% for English in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a tertiary institute within South African (preferably within the Eastern Cape)
- Preference will be given to students who are studying or have been accepted to study at a TVET College
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application forms must be collected from a Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Youth Advisory Center, located in the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Community Support Centers:
- Mdantsane Library Complex: Highway, Dunga Road, 5219 (Tel: 043 761 1669 / 043 760 0365)
- King William’s Town Civic Centre: 25 Taylor Street, KWT Community Support Centre, 5600 (Tel: 043 604 8453 / 043 604 8312)
- Duncan Village Art Centre: Gompo Arts Centre Building, Douglas Smith Road, Gompo, 5200 (Tel: 043 722 0641)
- East London Trust Centre Building: cnr Oxford and North streets East London, 7th Floor, Office number 706 (Tel: 043 705 1045)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of residence in Buffalo City Municipality/ letter from the ward councillor confirming residency
- Proof of household income
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 134
2) Hand delivery:
Human Resources Department
31 October 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Nandi Jaji
Tel: 043 705 1013
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary South Africa 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading