Table Of Interest
- 1 Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme In South Africa 2020/2021
- 1.1 Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme In South Africa 2020/2021
- 1.2 Level/Field of Study
- 1.3 Host Nationality
- 1.4 Eligible Nationality
- 1.5 Scholarship Worth
- 1.6 Eligibility for the Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa.
- 1.7 How to Apply for Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa
- 1.8 Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa Application Deadline
- 1.9 Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa Application Link
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic titled “Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme In South Africa 2020/2021”.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme In South Africa 2020/2021 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to the above query, then you can be rest assured that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme In South Africa 2020/2021.
The ASLP is an initiative of the University of Pretoria in partnership with the Global Young Academy, funded by the Robert Bosch Stiftung.
It serves early- to mid-career researchers in basic and applied science, engineering, social sciences, arts and the humanities.
The programme aims to grow mid-career African academics in the areas of thought leadership, team development, engagement and collaboration, with the intention of enabling them to solve the complex issues that face both Africa and the global community.
Africa Science Leadership Program is taken and hosted in Pretoria South Africa
The programme will use a highly interactive approach to training, application of skills to a leadership project, peer support, and mentorship. Fellows will attend an initial 5 day, an intensive on-site programme in Pretoria, South Africa from 16-21 March 2020. The process will involve an approach that cycles between theory, application and reflection. Participants will be challenged to work collaboratively to design initiatives that advance a new paradigm for African science.
The leadership programme:
- Identifies early- to mid-career academics who have demonstrated leadership potential and an interest in developing key leadership skills
- Supports them to apply the acquired skills to projects that are relevant to the academic development on the continent and its impact on society
- Creates a network of academic leaders on the continent, spanning not only across countries but also across disciplinary boundaries
- Advances a curriculum for academic leadership development, which can be utilised in institutions in Africa and beyond
Africa Science Leadership Program is available to all African Countries
The training will cover:
- Core elements of collective leadership
- Creative and systems thinking
- Development of effective networks
- Stakeholder engagement for change
- Maximising the efficiency and impact of collaborative efforts
- Advanced dialogue and communication skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making
To be selected, applicants need to display a compelling vision of their future involvement in the development of research projects, programmes, human capacity, specific policies or societal structures. The selection process will consider individual qualities but also focus on ensuring a diversity of culture, subject background (Natural and Social Sciences, Humanities) and gender among the fellows. Where possible the programme will also attempt to create small ‘cores’ of leadership; multiple strong applicants from the same centre or country will thus be considered.
Selection Criteria: The following criteria are used as a guide for the nomination and selection of fellows:
- A PhD degree or equivalent qualification;
- A faculty or a continuing research position at a research institution;
- Active in research and teaching at an African institution of higher education or research;
- A sustained record of outstanding scientific outputs;
- Interest in translating and communicating the results of their work for impact in society;
- Demonstrated leadership ability in research and beyond.
- Interest in the role of research in addressing complex issues affecting society;
- Interest in collaborations across disciplines and sectors (e.g. industry, government, etc.);
- Commitment to participate in all the activities of the fellowship; and
- Intent to share what is learned in the programme with their broader networks.
Following the first training week, fellows will apply their skills to a project relevant to their context and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As described above, projects will aim to contribute to a new paradigm for Africa science. During the year, participants will continue to engage with the group and have access to professional support. The costs incurred during the workshop (training, relevant travel, meals and accommodation) will be covered by the programme. In March 2020, fellows will complete their projects and present them at the second in-person training, which will consist of 3 days.
All applicants have to provide two support letters by academic referees (details are provided in the application form). One of the two referees has to commit to being involved in future communications and mentorship in case of selection of the applicant into the programme. This referee will be informed about the progress of the fellow and should be willing to support the fellow if he or she requires it.
All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted by representatives of the University of Pretoria, the Global Young Academy, national young academies, and ASLP Management. The ASLP Management team will make the final selection of candidates
5th January 2020
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme In South Africa 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2020/2021| Study Abroad Scholarships 2020
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2020/2021
- 4 Year Scholarships 2020/2021 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2020
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2021
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2020/2021 | Psychology Scholarships 2020
- Scholarships For African American Students 2020/2021 | African American Scholarships 2020
- Asian American Scholarships 2020 | Japanese American Scholarships 2020