Table Of Interest
- 1 NOUN Admission Requirements 2019/2020 | National Open University Admission Requirements
If you have been searching for “NOUN Admission Requirements 2019/2020 | National Open University Admission Requirements “, then you are in the right place.
This has become very important because several prospective students have been searching online as well contacting us concerning the requirements for National Open University.
If you are among those that have been searching for answers regarding [national open university of nigeria courses and fees, national open university of nigeria courses available, requirements for nursing in national open university, national open university direct entry courses, national open university of nigeria postgraduate courses, national open university of nigeria application form, national open university of nigeria admission list,noun postgraduate admission requirements,NOUN Admission Requirements 2019/2020 | National Open University Admission Requirements], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Nonetheless, you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this page.
Studying with us gives a rewarding experience as we give you all the support you need to succeed.
Generally, the requirements for getting admission into the National Open University of Nigeria include five (5) credits in the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study. The five (5) credits include Credits in Mathematics, English and 3 other relevant subjects.
i) National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognized institutions.
ii) National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
iii). International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
- To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may be considered on individual merit.
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recongnised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recongised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale
Thanks For Reading