Table Of Interest
- 1 FIRS Recruitment Form & Portal 2021/2022 | www.firs.gov.ng Recruitment 2021
- 1.1 FIRS Recruitment Form & Portal 2021/2022 | www.firs.gov.ng Recruitment 2021
- 1.2 About Federal Inland Revenue Service
- 1.3 Functions Of The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- 1.4 Requirements For The Federal Inland Revenue Service 2021/2022
- 1.5 How To Apply For The 2021/2022 FIRS Recruitment
- 1.6 See other Related Articles
Today, you and I will as well as many other job searchers will quickly take a look at the topic “FIRS Recruitment Form & Portal 2021/2022 | www.firs.gov.ng Recruitment 2021”.
This has become very necessary as a result of the very many individuals and Job seekers who have been looking for an opening or recruitment into the above organization.
We have decided to write a comprehensive guide on this topic to satisfy the curiosity of all those who have been searching for information regarding [firs recruitment 2021 portal, firs recruitment 2021/2022, firs recruitment 2021/2022, firs recruitment 2021 nairaland, firs recruitment nairaland, www.firs.gov.ng recruitment 2021, firs recruitment 2021, firs recruitment 2021 nairaland,FIRS Recruitment Form & Portal 2021/2022 | www.firs.gov.ng Recruitment 2021] under the following table of content.
Without wasting much of your time, lets quickly head to the topic “FIRS Recruitment Form & Portal 2021/2022 | www.firs.gov.ng Recruitment 2021” right away.
In the first decade of 20th century in Northern Nigeria, the High Commissioner of the then Northern Protectorate, Sir Fredrick Lugard issued the Stamp Duties proclamation in 1903 and followed it with the Native Revenue Proclamation in 1906.
Following the amalgamation of Northern and Southern Protectorates in 1914, the colonial Government re-issued the Native Revenue Ordinance 1917.
In 1943 when the Nigerian Inland RevenueDepartment, the precursor to the Federal Inland Revenue Service, was carvedout of the Inland Revenue Department of British West Africa. The InlandRevenue Department was renamed the Federal Board of Inland Revenue under the Income Tax Ordinance No.39 of 1958.
In 1961 the Companies and Income Tax Act No.22 of 1961 established the Federal Board of Inland Revenue, FBIR. CITA 1961 also established the Body of Appeal Commissioners (BAC) as the first point of call in the resolution of disputes between taxpayers and the board concerning assessment and payment of tax.
The Income Tax Management Act 1961 created the Joint Tax Board (JTB) and charged it, primarily, to ensure uniformity of standards and application of Personal Income Tax in Nigeria.
In 1993, the Finance (Miscellaneous Taxation provisions) Act No.3 of 1993 and Decree 104 of 1993 were passed.While Decree 3 reviewed the composition of the FBIR, Decree 104, amongother things, reviewed the functions of the Joint Tax Board.
In 2002, Professor Dotun Phillip led a team of eminent Nigerians to diagnose the Nigerian Tax system.
Their work was further reviewed by the Working Group led by Mr. Seyi Bickersth in 2003.
The implementation of the distilled essence of these group reports began in 2004.
In 2007, FIRS got financial and administrative autonomywith thepassage of the Federal Inland Revenue Service(establishment) Act 2007.
FIRS has since witnessed organisational restructuring, the enactment of a National Tax Policy, improved funding, legislation, strongertaxpayer education, dispute resolution mechanism, taxpayer registration and the introduction of the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), human capacity building, automation of key process, refund mechanism, attention to Double Taxation Agreements (DTA) and the automation of the operations of the service.
The need to develop the non-oil tax as a sustainable source of funding national development also gained momentum. By 2016 and in collaboration with other agencies like CAC, CBN, OAGF and JTB had registered 814,000 new corporate taxpayers.
By mid-2018, it had, working in conjunction with State Internal Revenue Service, (SIRSs) pushed the National Tax Roll, to about 19 million
To deliver quality services to taxpayers in partnership with all stakeholders and make taxation the pivot of national development.
To operate a transparent and an efficient tax system that optimises tax revenue collection and voluntary compliance.
• Competence and know-how
• Continuous learning
• Respect for taxpayers, constituted authority and colleagues
OWNERSHIP & COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY
• Collaborative decision making
• Team spirit
• Information sharing
Functions Of The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
FIRS has several duties and some of them have been listed below:
- To provide sustainable finance and revenue for the government so that there would be availability of resources to use to develop the Country.
- The Federal Inland Revenue Service aids in the even distribution of wealth in order to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor.
- The enforce tax laws and orders and ensure tax compliance in order to help the citizenry pay taxes as and when due to as to avoid penalties and sanctions for non-compliance.
- The promote the act of patriotism in the Nigerian corporate sector by being socially responsible.
- To ensure that tax compliant individuals and corporate organizations get derived benefits that is accrued to them based on their tax compliance.
- B.SC or Masters Degree in Law,Accounting,Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or any other relevant discipline in quantitative field .
- Computer literacy : Various candidates who want to get this job must be conversant with Microsoft office, Web applications and the use of various applications that can help fasten delivery process.
- Strong Leadership and management skills
- Should have good team spirit.
- Should be able to communicate with various people and also have interpersonal skills
The following should be noted while applying:
- All individuals are expected to apply to only ONE position.
- Multiple applications by one Candidate for more than one job will be disqualified.
- Upon submission, applicants will receive an acknowledgement containing a reference number which must be quoted in all future correspondences.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
For more information about the recruitment process, click on the link below.
If you need us to inform about when the application begins, do not hesitate to drop your comments using the comment textbox below.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “FIRS Recruitment Form & Portal 2021/2022 | www.firs.gov.ng Recruitment 2021″.
Thanks For Reading