Table Of Interest
- 1 Environmental Resources Management ERM Bursary South Africa 2021/2022
If you have been searching for Environmental Resources Management ERM Bursary South Africa 2021/2022, bursaries for statistics in south africa, cima bursaries in south africa, it bursaries 2021 south africa, aviation bursaries 2021 south africa, pilot bursaries 2021 south africa, pharmaceutical society of south africa bursaries, biomedical engineering bursaries in south africa, bursaries for diploma in safety management, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) was founded in 1971 when it began trading at “ERL” in the United Kingdom. Today the firm is one of the top international providers of health, risk, safety, environmental, sustainability and social consulting services.
ERM provide sustainable solutions to some of the leading global industrial and non-industrial clients – they help them to improve their environmental, organizational and business performance. They provides services to the following industries: Mining & Metals; Oil & Gas; Chemical; Power; Manufacturing & Pharmaceutical; Technology, Media & Telecommunications.
ERM currently operate in more than 40 countries and territories, where they employ more than 5000 staff members across their 160 plus offices.
ERM will be awarding bursaries to postgraduate students within the following fields of study:
- Earth Science
- Natural Science
- Social Science
Candidates will be selected based on their academic record, area of study and essay (of which topics include: Capital Project Support (CPS); Operational Performance (OP); Risk; Assert Management (AM)).
Bursary recipients will be required to enter into a contract with Environmental Resources Management (ERM), in the Sub-Saharan Africa division. Contracts are reviewed quarterly to ensure that students are meeting academic targets.
Successful candidates will be contacted by ERM – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed a relevant undergraduate qualification
- Currently unemployed
- Intend on studying towards a postgraduate qualification within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Intend on studying at a recognised University in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://erm.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ERM_Careers/job/Johannesburg/Consultant–Entry-Level-_R00001535.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ passport (certified copy)
- Latest academic transcript (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Essay (further details can be found via the application link above (max 3,0000 words)
16 November 2021
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ERM directly:
Cape Town branch – Tel: 021 681 5400
Johannesburg branch – Tel: 011 798 4300
Durban branch – Tel: 031 265 0033
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Environmental Resources Management ERM Bursary South Africa 2021/2022”.
Thanks For Reading