Table Of Interest
- 1 Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021/2022
If you have been searching for Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021/2022, ethekwini municipality academy contact details, bursaries for 2021, bursaries south africa, government bursaries 2021, lephalale municipality bursary,tshwane municipality bursaries, premier bursaries, bursaries for property studies south africa, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality, created in the year 2000 in KwaZulu-Natal, is a metropolitan municipality which incorporates Durban city and its surrounding towns. The Municipality was established from 7 previously independent local councils and tribal land.
The province of KwaZulu-Natal has 11 districts, with eThekwini being the provinces biggest city. It is a popular center for tourists with its extensive beaches, warm subtropical climate, gorges and ravines. The Category A municipality is home to over 3.5 million people.
FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Bursaries will be awarded within the Engineering and Built Environment field, specifically:
- Chemical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Civil Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electronics (BSc or BEng)
- Quantity Surveying (BSc)
- Applied Chemistry (BSc)
The eThekwini Municipality bursary will provide cover for tuition fees, accommodation, meal allowance, prescribed book allowance and a computer allowance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback within 3 months of the application deadline, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying or intend on studying full time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a University in South Africa
- High academic achiever
- *Preference will be given to students who are eThekwini residents, have been previously disadvantaged (in terms of disability, race and gender) and those who have completed their first year of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above eligibility requirements and would like to apply, must do so by collecting a copy of the application form at:
EThekwini Municipal Academy
221 Anton Lembede Street
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Current Matric students: latest academic results AND proof of enrollment at a tertiary institution,
- Current tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic results (on tertiary letterhead),
- Proof of acceptance to study at a University.
*If there are any additional documentation required, this will be noted by the Municipality when you collect your application form.
17 November 2021 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Durban eThekwini Municipality directly:
Tel: 031 311 3192
Email: [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021/2022”.
Thanks For Reading