Commonwealth Medical Fellowships for Mid-Career Medical Professionals in UK 2023
Table Of Interest
The 2019 Commonwealth Medical Fellowships for Mid-Career Medical Professionals in the UK have been announced and the application deadline has not been announced.
Therefore if you are among those that have been searching for information relating to commonwealth medical fellowship 2023, commonwealth medical fellowship 2023, commonwealth medical scholarship, commonwealth scholarship, commonwealth scholarship 2023, how to apply for commonwealth scholarship, commonwealth shared scholarship 2023 prospectus, commonwealth scholarship application portal, Commonwealth Medical Fellowships for Mid-Career Medical Professionals in UK 2023, then you are not alone.
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are for mid-career medical staff from low and middle-income countries, to enhance their clinical skills.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Medical Fellowships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development. These fellowships are offered under the second of the CSC’s six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships Eligibility.
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have an academic appointment in an eligible Commonwealth country at one of the medical schools by the World Directory of Medical Schools employed by a hospital affiliated to the Medical School where you have the academic appointment
- Be available to start your fellowship in the UK in January
- Have qualified as a doctor before 1 October 2004
- Have qualified at a medical school recognised by the World Directory of Medical Schools
- Have met the English language requirements of the General Medical Council (GMC) within 2 months of being notified that you have been provisionally selected for an award
Eligible Commonwealth countries
Papua New Guinea
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships Benefits.
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships | Study Abroad Scholarships
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe
- 4 Year Scholarships | List Of Full Ride Scholarships
- All Harvard University Scholarships
- Scholarships For Psychology Major | Psychology Scholarships
- Scholarships For African American Students | African American Scholarships
- Asian American Scholarships | Japanese American Scholarships
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependents, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed)
- Research support grant, payable to your host university hospital
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,656 per month, or £2,055 per month for those at university hospitals in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2019/2020 levels)
- Reimbursement of the fee for a single English language test and the fee for General Medical Council (GMC) registration
- Warm clothing allowance
- Study travel grant towards the costs of approved travel within the UK
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £466 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships Selection Criteria.
Once received by the CSC, each candidate’s application will be considered firstly by the CSC’s Medical Awards Administrator with expertise in the subject area concerned, and then by the CSC selection committee in competition with other candidates.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the proposal (minimum 200 words)
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
How to Apply for Commonwealth Medical Fellowships.
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s online application system. Your application must be submitted to and endorsed by the Dean of the Medical School which you have the academic appointment The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the CSC’s online application system.
Only one application per applicant for these fellowships will be accepted.
All applications must be submitted by 16:00 (BST) on 13 May 2020 at the latest.
Supporting documentation deadline: You must provide the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (BST) on 28 May 2019 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- Copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship – uploaded to the online application system
- Full university transcripts and certificates detailing the dates of qualification for your primary medical degree – uploaded to the online application system
- Academic reference from the Head of your Teaching Hospital Department outlining how the skills gained are required. All references are to be submitted directly by the referees to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- Endorsement by the Dean of the Medical School at which you have the academic appointment confirming your academic appointment submitted directly by the Dean to the online application system (the Dean will be sent an email request)
- Supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK university hospital – submitted directly to the CSC (supervisors will be sent an email request)
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Commonwealth Medical Fellowships for Mid-Career Medical Professionals in UK”.
Thanks For Reading
See Articles Others Are Reading
- Study Abroad In Canada | See Top 10 scholarships To Study Abroad In Canada
- International Masters Scholarship at the University Of Oulu
- Fully funded Singapore International Scholarship
- Fully Funded Duke University International scholarship
- Kings College London International Scholarship
- All Harvard University Scholarships as well as Harvard University Full Scholarships ,Scholarships For Psychology Major | Psychology ScholarshipsAll JMU Scholarships & How To Apply | JMU Scholarship Application Scholarships To Pay Off Student Loans | Student Debt Relief Scholarships
Scholarships For African American Students | African American Scholarships
IIE Study Abroad Scholarships | Study Abroad Scholarships
Pennsylvania Scholarships | Verizon Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund
Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe
Golf Scholarships | Golf Scholarships In USA For International Students
Asian American Scholarships | Japanese American Scholarships
4 Year Scholarships | List Of Full Ride Scholarships
Scholarships In Indiana | Indiana Scholarships For Education Majors
BMO Scholarship Program | BMO Diversity Scholarships
Jewish Scholarships | Jewish Scholarships In Los Angeles
UK Government’s Global Scholarship Programme | Apply Now
University Of South Carolina Scholarships | USC College Of Arts & Science Scholarships
Cancer Scholarships To Fund Cancer Studies & Researches | Cancer Research Grants
Leave a Reply