Table Of Interest
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic titled “ CIA Undergraduate Internship Program In USA, 2020 ”.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the CIA Undergraduate Internship Program In USA, 2020 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to [cia internship acceptance rate, how competitive is the cia undergraduate scholarship program, cia internship pay, cia internship reddit, cia undergraduate internship stanford, cia undergraduate internship program stanford, cia internship graduate, ciasummer camp, CIA Undergraduate Internship Program In USA 2020 ], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “ CIA Undergraduate Internship Program In USA, 2020″.
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging internship or Cooperative Education (Co-op) experience? Consider employment with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) as an undergraduate or graduate student.
The program is open to all full-time students pursuing an undergraduate degree in a 4-year academic institution. Interns are generally freshmen at the time of application and are interested in pursuing a DO career upon graduation.
CIA offers opportunities for students to work as CIA intern. They’re on the forefront of world-altering events – as they happen. So working here isn’t just a job, it’s a mindset and a lifestyle.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for undergraduate or graduate student.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
Internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- US citizenship required (dual national US citizens are eligible) All positions require relocation to the Washington, DC metro area.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in a 4-year academic institution with at least one semester completed at the time of application; there is no preferred major or program of study. Please include your college/university information under the Education Section of the online application with your anticipated graduation date
- Competitive applicants enrolled in 2-year degree programs that feed into accredited 4-year programs will be considered. Please address your plans to continue studying at a 4-year college/university in your cover letter. If competitive, proof of acceptance into the 4-year program is required prior to entering on duty
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale at the time of application and maintained throughout the application process and internship program
- Availability to complete two 90-day summer internships (the first summer internship typically starts May or June 2020 and the second will start May or June 2021)
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- Impeccable integrity
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in foreign affairs and national security issues
- Commitment to serving the interests of our country
- Interest in a career with the CIA’s Directorate of Operations following graduation
- Due to processing requirements, the DO will not consider applicants who travel out of the US for more than three consecutive months between January 2019 – May 2020. Extended foreign travel is discouraged between January 2021 – May 2021 as well.
- Foreign language skills and/or overseas experience
- To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last 12 months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to 12 months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
All Applicants Must Successfully Complete:
- A thorough medical and psychological exam
- A polygraph interview
- A comprehensive background investigation
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
- Starting salary: $43,300 ($20.74 per hour)
- In addition to a comprehensive benefitspackage, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment.
Working in the Washington, DC area, you will perform duties typical of a Collection Management Officer or Staff Operations Officer, teaming with knowledgeable professionals to facilitate the collection and dissemination of foreign intelligence used by US national security, defense, and foreign policy officials and intelligence analysts.
- Competitive applicants that apply early in the application process—as opposed to the final week—have a better chance of making it through the stringent security and medical processing that must be completed before entering on duty as a Directorate of Operations Undergraduate Intern the following summer.
- If you plan to study abroad or otherwise be outside of the United States between now and the end of summer 2019, they strongly recommend you apply no later than 31 January 2019. In your cover letter please indicate anticipated travel dates.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Full-time
Notification: Not given
To apply, you will need to provide the following information: https://www.cia.gov/careers/student-opportunities/ncs-intern.html#job-details-tab3
The following items must be attached to your online application (PDF format preferred):
- A cover letter (no more than two pages) describing yourself, telling us why you are interested in a DO career, highlighting characteristics and experiences that distinguish you from other applicants.
- Qualifications Supplement — in a separate PDF attachment address the following questions:
- Why does a career in public service appeal to you (1 paragraph)
- Why do you wish to serve in the Directorate of Operations (1 paragraph)
- Other than the Directorate of Operations, what other career options are of interest to you (1 paragraph)
- Describe one thing from your academic, military, or professional background that has prepared you for success in the Directorate of Operations (1 paragraph)
- Complete this thought: “I do my best work when…” (1 paragraph)
- Describe a time when you did not succeed, professionally or academically, and what you learned from that experience (2 paragraphs)
- College transcripts showing Fall 2018 grades (copies of unofficial transcripts are acceptable at this stage of processing).
Internship Application Deadline: Applicants who will be overseas during the late Spring/Summer 2020 are STRONGLY encouraged to submit their application by 31 January 2020.