CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme In China, 2019
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic tilted “ CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme In China, 2019 “.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme In China, 2019 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to [cas twas scholarship 2019, cas twas awardee list 2019, cas-twas postdoctoral fellowship, twas scholarship for phd 2019, cas twas scholarship 2018, cas-twas scholarships 2019/20, cas postdoctoral fellowship 2019, castwasscholarship for masters, CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme In China, 2019 ], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “ CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme In China, 2019 ”.
This CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides an opportunity for international students (non-Chinese) to pursue doctoral degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
According to an agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 200 students/scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years
The World Academy of Sciences is a merit-based science academy uniting 1,000 scientists in some 70 countries. Its principal aim is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in the South.
- Applications Deadline: 31 March 2019
- Course Level: Doctoral degrees
- Study Subject: Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physics
- Scholarship Award: Fellowship awardees will receive a monthly stipend (to cover accommodation and other living expenses, local travel expenses and health insurance) of RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000 from CAS through UCAS/USTC, depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by UCAS/USTC for all doctoral candidates after admission. All awardees will also be provided tuition and application fee waivers.
- Under the terms of the CAS-TWAS agreement, travel from their home countries to China will be provided to the fellowship awardees in order to begin the fellowship in China (one trip only per student/scholar).
- TWAS will select 80 awardees from developing countries to support their international travel, while CAS will support the other 120. Visa fee will also be covered (once only per awardee) as a lump sum of USD 65 after all the awardees are on site in China.
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2019
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship
- Not hold Chinese citizenship
Applicants for doctoral study should also:
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC (criteria of UCAS/criteria of USTC).
- Hold a master degree (Minimum degree held MSc) before the beginning of the fall semester: 1 September 2019.
- Provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to the CAS-TWAS agreement.
- Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
In order to successfully apply for the CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship, applicants are requested to follow a few key steps.
How to Apply:
Prepare and upload the following supporting documentation to the fellowship online application system:
- Your regular passport which has at least 2 years validity (only pages showing personal and validity details are needed)
- Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience
- Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held (both undergraduate and postgraduate; graduates having just completed or about to complete their degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date)
- Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese
- Original copy of transcripts of both undergraduate and post-graduate education;
- Detailed research proposal
- Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment 1- find this at the bottom of this page)
Acquire two reference letters:
- Upload their scanned reference letters (signed, dated and on official headed paper with the contact phone number and email address) to the fellowship online application system and
- Send the original hard copies to the UCAS/USTC fellowship office before the deadline.
That’s the much we can take on the topic ” CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme In China, 2019 “.
Thanks For Reading
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2019/2020 | Study Abroad Scholarships 2020
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2020/2020
- 4 Year Scholarships 2019/2020 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2020
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2020
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2020/2020 | Psychology Scholarships 2020
- Scholarships For African American Students 2020/2020 | African American Scholarships 2020
- Asian American Scholarships 2019 | Japanese American Scholarships 2020