Table Of Interest
- 1 South 32 Bursary South Africa 2020/2021
If you have been searching for South 32 Bursary South Africa 2020/2021, hillside aluminium bursary scheme 2020, black mountain bursary scheme, hillside aluminium bursary scheme 2020, petra diamonds bursary, safunda bursary, mashapha bursary, bursaries for permanent residents in South Africa, South African reserve bank bursary, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain, any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
South32, founded in 2015, is a global mining and metals company that mine and produces materials such as silver; nickel; zinc; manganese; bauxite; aluminium; alumina; lead; metallurgical coal; thermal coal and coking coal. The company operates across South Africa, Mozambique, Australia, and Colombia, and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
The commodities mined and produced by South32 are found in almost every aspect of our lives – from skyscrapers, roads, bridges and hospitals, to fueling our cars, packaging our foods, and powering our homes.
FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
South 32 are awarding bursaries to deserving students, within the following Mining related fields of study (Degree or Diploma):
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Environmental Sciences
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbook allowance, laptop, meals and accommodation.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intending on studying full time at a recognized University or University of Technology in South Africa
- *Preference will be given to learners from designated groups in the Northern Cape
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Apply online at: https://careerwise.co.za/applications/registrations/.
(You will need to register an account and then log in to complete your application. The promo code to be used is: SOUTH32 PIPELINE BURSARY 2020)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Driver’s license (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance into a tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence (rates bill/ letter from a Council member or Chief)
28 November 2020 (at 17:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
That’s the much we can take on the topic “South 32 Bursary South Africa 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading