Table Of Interest
- 1 PhD in Sustainability Science Scholarships For Developing Countries In Japan, 2019
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic tilted “ PhD in Sustainability Science Scholarships For Developing Countries In Japan, 2019 “.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the PhD in Sustainability Science Scholarships For Developing Countries In Japan, 2019 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to the above query, then you can be rest assured that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “ PhD in Sustainability Science Scholarships For Developing Countries In Japan, 2019 ”.
The United Nations University is now accepting applications for the PhD in Sustainability Science (2019) Scholarships for Developing Countries. The scholarship is available to the applicants who must be from developing countries and can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months. The program offers unique opportunities to interact with leading scholars and policymakers through lectures, international conferences, and workshops.
The United Nations University (UNU) is a global think tank and postgraduate learning organization with headquarters in Japan. The mission of the UNU is to contribute to efforts to solve global problems of human existence, development, and welfare through cooperative research and education, which concern the United Nations, its people, and member states.
- Applications Deadline: April 19, 2019
- Course Level: The scholarship is open to pursuing the Ph.D. program.
- Study Subject: the scholarship will be awarded in the field of sustainability
- Scholarship Award: The JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months. However, travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student. The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients.
- Nationality: the scholarship is open for developing countries.
- Number of Scholarships: very small number are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must be from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants who are currently living in Japan under a working visa are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who want to pursue a second Ph.D. degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants for the Ph.D. in Sustainability Science are required to have met all of the following requirements by the application deadline in order to be considered:
- A strong interest in sustainability studies;
- A demonstrated commitment to study and understand global issues;
- A completed Master’s degree in disciplines related to sustainability studies;
- A minimum of 2 years of practical field experience related to UNU-IAS research themes which were acquired after obtaining a university degree
- Two completed Master’s degrees, at least one of which must be in a discipline related to sustainability studies;
Those who expect to receive a second Master’s degree before the entrance period – September 2019 – may also apply.
- A GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale for at least one of the Master’s degrees earned; and
- English language proficiency: The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU-IAS are:
- 600 on TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT) OR
- 100 on TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (IBT) OR
- 0 on IELTS – Academic format
- Applicants, except for the cases below, must submit original TOEFL or IELTS score reports (from a test taken within the last two years) to the Admissions Office at the time of application:
- Applicants whose native language is English.
- Applicants who graduated from a university or a postgraduate school located in an English speaking country.
- Applicants who completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme where the language of instruction and examination was English. In this case, an official statement from the academic institution will be required, confirming the use of English as the language of instruction and examination.
There is no separate application form for the scholarship as it is a part of the online application for admission.
Interested applicants must provide the necessary information and documents for the scholarship together with the required documents for admission to the PhD degree programme.
How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: http://postgraduate.ias.unu.edu/forms/
That’s the much we can take on the topic ” PhD in Sustainability Science Scholarships For Developing Countries In Japan, 2019 “.
Thanks For Reading
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2019/2020 | Study Abroad Scholarships 2020
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2020/2020
- 4 Year Scholarships 2019/2020 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2020
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2020
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2020/2020 | Psychology Scholarships 2020
- Scholarships For African American Students 2020/2020 | African American Scholarships 2020
- Asian American Scholarships 2019 | Japanese American Scholarships 2020