Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024/2025, ephraim mogale international bursary, provincial ephraim mogale bursary scheme 2024, ephraim mogale bursary scheme mpumalanga province 2024, ephraim mogale bursary scheme mpumalanga province 2024 2025, ephraim mogale bursary scheme application form 2024, provincial ephraim mogale bursary scheme 2024, mpumalanga international bursary, provincial ephraim mogale bursary scheme online application, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality, located in Limpopo within the Sekhukhune District, is a Category B municipality and is the smallest of the districts 4 municipalities. The municipality established after the local election in 2000, with the merger of Marble Hall and 8 former Transitional Local Council (TLC)’s.
The Municipality has 16 wards and its seat is Marble Hall. The Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality covers an area of over 2000 km2, has a current population of over 120 000 residents and was previously known as the Greater Marble Hall Local Municipality, until 2010.
The Municipalities main economic sectors include finance, construction, mining, trade, transport, agriculture and tourism.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following critical and scarce skills fields of study:
- Economics (B Com)
- Macro Economics (B Com)
- Energy Economics
- Transport Economics
- Mining Economics
- Development Economics (B Com)
- Industry/ Infrastructure Development
- Policy Analysis (Bachelor of Administration)
- Accounting (B Com)
- Asset and Property Management
- Financial Management/ Financial Accounting (National Diploma/ B Com)
- Internal Auditing (National Diploma/ B Com)
- Econometrics and Economic Modelling
- Economics Statistics and Analysis
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Tourism Management and Development
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc)
- Veterinary Technology (National Diploma)
- Veterinary Nursing (National Diploma)
- Animal Health (BSc)
- Agricultural Engineering (Bio Resource Engineering) (BSc)
- Information Technology (National Diploma/ BSc)
- Aviation Technician
- Sport Science (Degree/ Diploma)
- Medicine (MBCHB)
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Hearing Therapy
- Dental Therapy
- Bachelor of Nursing Science Degree (B Cur)
- Medical Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Clinical Engineering
- Emergency Medical Services (Degree)
ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Transport Planning Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Sound Engineering (Degree/ Diploma)
- Architectural Science/ Technology
- Construction Studies (BSc)
- Building Science
- Quantity Surveying
- Land Surveying
- Construction and Project Management
- Environmental Management (Degree)
- Geographic Information Science (Degree)
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Road Transport/ Road Safety Management
- Road Traffic and Municipal Management
- Community Policing
- Town and Regional Planning
- Water and Sanitation
- Library & Information Science (Degree)
- Archival Studies
- Heritage & Museum Studies (Degree)
- Language Studies (SiSwati, IsiNdebele and Sign Language) (BA)
- Archaeology, Anthropology, History (BA)
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems
- Digital Arts (BA)
- Fine Arts (Degree/ Diploma)
- Graphic Design (Degree/ Diploma)
- Craft Management (Degree)
- Media Studies (Film & Video) (BA)
- Videography/ Video Technology (BA)
- Broadcast Journalism (BA)
- Journalism and Media Studies (BA)
- Clinical Psychology (Masters)
- Local and Regional Economic Development (Masters)
- Corporate Strategy (Masters)
Selected candidates will receive notification by 31 January 2021 – if you do not receive any feedback by then, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Resident of the Ephraim Mogale Local municipality jurisdictional area
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Engineering students: must have achieved a minimum of 60% for Mathematics, Physical Science and English in Matric
- From a previously disadvantaged background/ rural community
- Female students and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://bursaries.mpuedu.gov.za/eduapp/login.aspx
You will be required to register an account before you can login and apply.
If applying online, submit the list of documents below to: [email protected]
2) By downloading and completing the: Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, you may collect a copy of the application form at any of the Departments of the Provincial Government (including Circuit and Districts offices, Thusong Service Centres, public libraries, Department of Education and municipalities).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric June exam results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest exam results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Any previous formal qualifications completed (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or acceptance at a tertiary institution
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificates and letter from social worker if deceased: certified copies)
- Proof of residence, more detail can be found on the application form (certified copy)
- Proof of disability if applicable (from a registered medical doctor or clinic/ hospital)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivered:
Department of Education provincial office:
Riverside Government Complex
Upper ground floor
The Bursary Unit
Mpumalanga Department of Education
Private Bag X 11341
Please note: faxed or emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality directly:
Tel: 013 766 5355/ 013 766 5243/ 013 766 5368/ 013 766 5370/ 013 766 5380
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality Bursary South Africa”.
Thanks For Reading