Engcobo Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021/2022
Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for Engcobo Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021/2022, it bursaries 2021 south africa, south african bursaries for foreigners, municipality bursary forms, tshwane municipality bursaries, lephalale municipality bursary, premier bursaries, free bursaries,bcur bursaries, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
Engcobo Local Municipality is situated within the Chris Hani District of the Eastern Cape province. The Municipality are awarding bursaries to deserving students.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- B com Accounting
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Proven financial need
- Studying or intend on studying in one of the afforestation fields of study
*People with disabilities are welcome to apply (please state the nature of the disability in the application).
HOW TO APPLY
The latest application form can be downloaded at: www.engcobolm.gov.za/index.php/careers.
Alternatively, you can collect an application form from the Engcobo Local Municipal Office (Skills Development Office) or from a Ward Councillor.
The following supporting documents must accompany the application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate or June results if currently in Matric (certified copy),
- Proof of tertiary enrolment/ acceptance letter,
- Recent academic record/ transcript (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslips/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased),
- Proof of residence (to be obtained from the Ward Councillor),
- Estimate from the tertiary institution for subjects for the academic year & requirements to complete the qualification.
Applicants packs should be posted to:
The Municipal Manager
Engcobo Local Municipality
P.O. Box 24
2 October annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Skills Development Facilitator
Tel: 047 548 5632/ 047 548 1221
Fax 047 548 1078
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Engcobo Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021/2022”.
Thanks For Reading