Table Of Interest
If you have been searching for DHET Hungarian Government International Scholarship for South Africans 2023/2024, international scholarships for south african students 2023, international scholarships dhet gov za, dhet international scholarships 2023, stipendium hungaricum south africa, international scholarships for undergraduates, government scholarships, hungarian scholarship, international study scholarships, law bursaries 2023, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The South African Government have entered into an agreement with the Hungarian Government to award 100 scholarships for South African students to study at public universities in Hungary. Scholarships will be awarded in the following ratio: 30 Bachelors-level scholarships, 60 Masters-level scholarships, and 10 PhD-level scholarships
Most courses will be taught in English, those applying for courses taught in Hungarian will be required participate in a year long preparatory course before starting their studies.
Scholarships will be awarded in the following fields of study
- agricultural science and food science
- engineering and information technology
- natural sciences and sustainable environment
- adult education
- agricultural science and food science
- economics, business and management studies and tourism
- engineering (mining engineering, information technology)
- human resources development
- Hungarian language studies
- international relations and European studies
- natural sciences (biotechnology, bioenergetics and renewable energy)
- physical education and coaching
- All fields of study
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Good physical and mental health
- Have achieved a strong academic record with a minimum overall average of 60%
- Willing and able to study in Hungary from September 2017
- Committed to the development of South Africa
- Meet the minimum criteria to enter into the selected programme in Hungary and a similar programme in South African
HOW TO APPLY
The application process is comprised of 2 parts:
1) Download and complete the DHET Hungary Scholarship Application Form (pdf)
Email the completed application form to [email protected] (please do not send any other documentation to this email address)
2) Complete the application and upload your supporting documentation online via the Tempus Public Foundation website (www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu)
*Please note: both stages of the application must be complete for you to be considered
Those applying for qualifications taught in Hungarian, must complete a language preparatory course (1 year) and should only apply for the language course and not for a degree.
PHD applicants: visit http://www.doktori.hu before applying, to obtain information about Hungarian doctoral schools, research fields and topics and doctoral student supervisors. Thesis topic proposals can be found at: http://www.doktori.hu/index.php?menuid=115&lang=EN
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Department of Higher Education and Training: International Scholarships
Tel: 012 312 5287
Email: [email protected]
Visit The DHET International Scholarships website (http://www.internationalscholarships.dhet.gov.za/HUNGARYSCHOLARSHIP.html) for:
-Guide for the Hungarian online application
-DHET application form
-List of available courses and institutions
-Language preparatory course
-Information about living and studying in Hungary
-PhD these topic proposals
-Information for PhD candidates
That’s the much we can take on the topic “DHET Hungarian Government International Scholarship for South Africans ”.
Thanks For Reading
- All Harvard University Scholarships as well as Harvard University Full Scholarships Scholarships For Psychology Major | Psychology Scholarships All JMU Scholarships & How To Apply | JMU Scholarship ApplicationScholarships To Pay Off Student Loans | Student Debt Relief Scholarships