Table Of Interest
- 1 Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2020/2021
If you have been searching for Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2020/2021, bushbuckridge local municipality bursary application form, cape winelands district municipality mayoral bursary, accounting bursaries, cape agulhas municipality bursary, bursaries closing in january 2020, landscape architecture bursaries south africa, bursaries for permanent residents in south africa, cell c bursary 2020, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality was named after the large herds of bushbuck spotted in this location, as well as the WNW-ESE ridge which is a prominent feature in the south east. It is Mpumalanga’s largest local municipality, according to its population and land mass.
The Municipality is based in the north eastern part of Mpumalanga and south eastern part of Limpopo, and also includes a section of the Kruger National Park. It is a presidential nodal point and third-level administrative division of Mpumalanga’s Ehlanzeni District. The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality is surrounded by the Limpopo’s Mopani District Municipality the north, by the Nkomazi Local Municipality and Mbombela Local Municipality to the south, by Mozambique to the east and by Maruleng Local Municipality and Thaba Chweu Local Municipality to the west.
The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning/ Town Planning
- Development Studies
- Computer Science
- Information Technology (IT)
- Accounting (BCom)
- Financial Management
- Public Management
- Tourism Management
- Agricultural Studies
- Social Science
- Youth in Development
- other Management studies
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within a month of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the municipal area of the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Plan on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Registered or been accepted to study at an accredited higher education institution
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the minimum eligibility criteria can request a copy of the application form by emailing: [email protected]
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance at a higher education institution
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension receipt if retired/ death certificate if deceased/ letter from a social worker if orphaned)
- Proof of residence
- If disabled: proof of disability from a registered medical doctor/ hospital/ clinic
Complete application packs must be submitted to the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Head Office, via one of the following methods:
1) Hand delivery: R533 Graskop Road, Opposite Mpumalanga Driving Licensing Testing Center, Maviljan Region, Bushbuckridge
2) Post: Bushbuckridge Local Municipality, Private Bag X9308, Bushbuckridge, 1280
3) To your closest Municipal Regional Office
*Please note: emailed and faxed applications will NOT be considered.
6 January 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr Maunye S
Tel: 013 004 0292
Cell: 071 607 8090
Email: [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading