Table Of Interest
- 1 Anglo American Platinum Bursary South Africa 2020/2021
- 1.1 WHAT IS A BURSARY?
- 1.2 THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
- 1.3 FIELDS COVERED
- 1.4 COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION PROCESS
- 1.5 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 1.6 HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
- 1.7 RELATED BURSARIES FOR SOUTH AFRICANS
If you have been searching for Anglo American Platinum Bursary South Africa 2020/2021, anglo american bursary benefits, anglo american bursary 2020 pdf, anglo american bursary 2020 online application, anglo american bursary requirements, arcelormittal bursary, de beers bursaries, bursaries for 2020, south 32 bursary, then you are in the right place.
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
According to The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide, numerous independent schools have bursary capability, namely grants from the school to help pay education fees. These are usually awarded after a “means test” of family income and are not necessarily dependent on examination performance, although some account of academic ability will be taken. Bursaries may be awarded in addition to scholarships where financial need is demonstrated and the prospective student would otherwise be unable to enter the school.
To obtain such a bursary, it is customary for parents to be asked by the school’s bursar to fill in an application form, giving details of their financial circumstances, supported by documentary evidence, including capital assets. The application will be considered by the school in accordance with its bursary policy. The award will often only remain in force until the pupil has sat the next relevant public examination. Most schools will review bursaries annually to ensure that the justification for an award remains. In Britain any award made before GCSE will not necessarily continue to the A-level stage.
Bursaries are similar to “scholarships” or “prizes“, which are based on performance. These awards are generally given for good performance in the exams preceding university or college entrance in which the student achieves grades above the standard entry. These can be awarded by universities or, sometimes, by companies
THINGS TO KEEP IN MY WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or Parent’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply.
Anglo American Platinum Limited, founded in 1995, is the biggest primary producer of platinum across the globe, producing almost 40% of the supply each year. The South African based company operates mainly in Johannesburg, with most of its operations occurring within the Bushveld Igneous Complex where a range of mineral commodities are found.
The company produces 3 ranges of products, namely precious metals (ie. gold), base metals (ie. chrome; copper; cobalt sulphate; sodium sulphate and nickel), and Platinum Group Metals (ie. platinum; rhodium; palladium; ruthenium; iridium and osmium).
The Anglo Platinum Limited Bursary is aimed at top achieving students who are pursuing their studies (or intend on studying) within the Mining industry.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Ventilation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Rock/ Mining Geotechnical Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Environmental Studies
- Analytical Chemistry
- Occupational Hygiene
- Human Resources
COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION PROCESS
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary programme: registration and tuition fees, meals, accommodation, prescribed textbook allowance, a laptop or laptop allowance and a monthly stipend. Students may also receive the opportunity to take part in vacation work.
Screening interviews will be conducted to assess students technical skills and interpersonal skills. Shortlisted candidates may then be required to take part in psychometric assessments and site visits. Final interviews will be conducted whereby recipients will be selected. If you do not receive any feedback by 31 July, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Once students have graduated, they must take up permanent employment at Anglo American. The service period will be equal to the duration of bursary funding received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Science in Matric (not required if not studying towards a Finance or Accountancy qualification)
- Studying or intend on studying full time towards an undergraduate qualification within one of the aforementioned mining-related fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
There are 2 ways to apply for the Anglo American Platinum Bursary:
1) By downloading and completing the Anglo Platinum Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
2) Online at: http://www.angloamericanplatinum.com/careers/graduates-and-bursaries.aspx
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric latest results AND Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy of)
- Full tertiary academic record to date, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy of)
- Proof of tertiary registration
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Anglo American Platinum Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
The Bursary Department
Anglo Platinum Development Centre
P.O. Box 450
15 May 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Anglo American Platinum directly:
Department: Human Resources
Tel: 014 596 0190 / 014 596 0184
Email: [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Anglo American Platinum Bursary South Africa 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading