Table Of Interest
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic titled “ OMI Fully Funded PhD Studentships For UK, EU & International Students In UK, 2020 “.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the OMI Fully Funded PhD Studentships For UK, EU & International Students In UK, 2020 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to [fully funded phd in uk for international students, phd scholarships for international students in uk, fully funded phd programs uk, university of reading phd scholarships, funded phd for international students in uk, studentship in uk for international students, international research studentships, phd in the uk for international students, OMI Fully Funded PhD Studentships For UK, EU & International Students In UK 2020 ], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “ OMI Fully Funded PhD Studentships For UK, EU & International Students In UK, 2020 ”.
OMI Fully Funded PhD Studentships For UK, EU & International Students In UK, 2020
The Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance (OMI) is happy to announce fully funded Studentships in Machine Learning applied to Finance. Studentships are available for UK, EU, and International students.
The Oxford-Man Institute (OMI) of Quantitative Finance is an interdisciplinary research center in quantitative finance. It is part of the Department of Engineering Science (Information Engineering) and has a focus on alternative investments and data-driven science, especially machine learning.
OMI members carry out academically outstanding research that addresses the key problems facing the financial industry.
Researchers create new tools and methods that can give deeper insight into financial markets – how they behave, how they become stable or unstable, how to extract value from data at scales beyond human and how they could be made to work better.
This is achieved through a unique combination of academic innovation and external engagement.
Applicants must have excellent written and spoken communication skills (English).
- Applications Deadline: January 25, 2021
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in Machine Learning applied to Finance.
Although the exact research topic is defined through discussion between student and supervisor(s), it is likely to be in one of the following broad areas:
- Machine learning for multi-variate time-series modeling, forecasting, and event detection
- Information extraction and fusion from ensembles of unstructured, non-stationary data
- Deep (probabilistic) learning for extracting actionable insight
- Dynamic learning under uncertainty for strategy and policy estimation in delayed reward environments
- Understanding complex dynamic relationships on graphs and networks
- Natural Language Processing for financial forecasting
- Probabilistic multi-agent models
- Optimization, Decision-making, and active learning
- Scholarship Award: University tuition fees are covered at the level set for UK/EU students, as are Oxford Course Fees (c. £7,730 in total p.a.). The stipend (tax-free maintenance grant) is c. £15,000 p.a. for the first year, and at least this amount for a further two and a half years.
- Nationality: Studentships are available for UK, EU, and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Three studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Studentships are available for UK, EU, and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
These studentships are funded through the Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance and are open to both UK & EU students (full award – fees plus stipend) and international students (partial award – fees at UK/EU rate plus stipend).
Prospective candidates will be judged according to how well they meet the following criteria:
- A first-class honors degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or similar;
- Experience in machine learning and data analysis;
- Mathematical maturity with emphasis on estimation, inference and optimization theory;
- Ability to code in high-level scientific development language, e.g. Python, R, Matlab;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English).
Following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Experience of modeling financial – or non-stationary, heteroskedastic – data.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and spoken communication skills (English).
How to Apply: Candidates must submit a graduate application form and are expected to meet the graduate admissions criteria. Details are available on the course page of the University website.
Please quote 19ENGIN_SROMI in all correspondence and in your graduate application. Informal inquiries should be addressed to Prof. Steve Roberts: steve.roberts-at-oxford-man.ox.ac.uk.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “ OMI Fully Funded PhD Studentships For UK, EU & International Students In UK, 2020 “.
Thanks For Reading
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2020/2021| Study Abroad Scholarships 2020
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2020/2021
- 4 Year Scholarships 2020/2021 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2020
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2021
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2020/2021 | Psychology Scholarships 2020
- Scholarships For African American Students 2020/2021 | African American Scholarships 2020
- Asian American Scholarships 2020 | Japanese American Scholarships 2020