Table Of Interest
- 1 South African Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020
- 1.1 South African Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020
- 1.2 Host Nationality
- 1.3 Eligible Nationality
- 1.4 Scholarship Worth
- 1.5 Eligibility for Journalists SADC Media Awards
- 1.6 How to Apply for Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020
- 1.7 Journalists SADC Media Awards 2020 Application Deadline
- 1.8 Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020 Application Link
Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic titled “South African Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020”.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the South African Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to [sadc media awards 2020, southern african development commun borone, sadc essay competition 2020, sadc secretariat, www sadc int vacancies 2020, sadc chairperson 2020, sadc today, sarcof 2020, South African Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “South African Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020.
Are you a South African Journalist? then hurry and apply for the South African Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020, worthy of Note is the eligibility criteria.
In 1995 the SADC Council of Ministers approved the establishment of the SADC Media Awards to recognise best media work in the region.
Since 1996 the SADC Secretariat has been coordinating the Media Awards to encourage the media in the Region to play a leading role in disseminating information on SADC in order to support the process of regional co-operation and integration.
Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition is taken and hosted in South Africa
Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition is only available to South African Students
- The first prize winners will be announced and receive their prizes during the 38th SADC Summit of Heads of State and Government;
- The Awards will include Print, Radio, Television and Photojournalism. Each category carries a first prize of US$2,500;
- The runner-ups in each category will receive a second prize of US$1000 and will receive the prize money and certificates in their respective countries through their National Contact Point;
- The monetary prizes will be accompanied by a certificate signed by the SADC Chairperson;
- The prizes will be paid directly to the winner. In the case of a winner being unable to attend the ceremony, SADC will make arrangements to give the prize in his/her home country;
The entries should have been published/broadcast between January and December the year preceding the awards (2018) by a registered and/or authorized media house or agency or carried on a website of a registered and/or authorized media house or agency in any of the SADC Member States;
b) The themes of the entries to be submitted for the competition must be on issues and activities promoting Regional Integration in the SADC region, i.e. infrastructure, economy, water, culture, sports, agriculture, etc.
c) All media practitioners who are SADC nationals may enter the competition, except those in institutions contracted by SADC and the SADC Secretariat staff;
d) All works entering the competition should be in one of the SADC working languages, i.e. English, Portuguese, French and any national indigenous language of the SADC Region and should be submitted together with the transcript in one of the three SADC working languages, i.e. English, French and Portuguese. These should be published/broadcast (newspaper cutting, websites, magazines, audio CDs, USB and newsletters;
e) Entries are invited from the following categories:
i) Print Journalism: comprising features/articles published in newspapers, newsletters, websites, magazines;
• Print Journalism submissions should have a minimum of 100 (one hundred words and a maximum of 2000 (two thousand) words.
ii) Radio Journalism: comprising broadcast material;
• Radio Journalism broadcast material should have a minimum duration of 1 (one) minute and a maximum of 30 (thirty) minutes. All broadcast material should be submitted on a CD or USB. The entries should be accompanied by an electronic transcript in word format for translation purposes.
iii) Television Journalism: comprising televised material;
• Broadcast material should have a minimum duration of 1 (one) minute and a maximum of forty-five (45) minutes. All broadcast material should be submitted on a CD or USB. The entries should be accompanied by an electronic transcript in word format for translation purposes.
iv) Photojournalism: comprising published pictures with a caption;
• Photographic entries should have one (1) photo or a pictorial spread of not more than twenty (20) photos published in one issue/edition. Each entry must be accompanied by an original newspaper in which photo (s) were published.
f) All entries must be submitted to the National Adjudication Committee not later than February 27, 2019.
g) All submissions must be made strictly on the SADC Media Award Entry Form and should contain full contact details of the entrant, including, a passport-sized photograph, physical address, telephone and, where applicable, fax number and e-mail address;
h) Entries will be initially screened and judged by the National Adjudication Committee in each Member State, which will select the best entry in each of the four categories to be forwarded to the Regional Adjudication Committee (RAC), through the SADC Secretariat.
Interested Applicants for this Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition are hereby asked to use the application link below to apply for this Award. Applicants are advised to complete their application before the deadline. No application will be accepted after the deadline date.
The closing application date is February 27, 2019. (Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
That’s the much we can take on the topic “South African Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2020”.
Thanks For Reading
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2020/2021| Study Abroad Scholarships 2020
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2020/2021
- 4 Year Scholarships 2020/2021 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2020
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2021
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2020/2021 | Psychology Scholarships 2020
- Scholarships For African American Students 2020/2021 | African American Scholarships 2020
- Asian American Scholarships 2020 | Japanese American Scholarships 2020