Table Of Interest
- 1 How Does Pollution Affect Us On Earth? | How Pollution Affects The Environment
- 1.1 How Does Pollution Affect Us On Earth? | How Pollution Affects The Environment
Today, you and I will quickly take a look at the topic “How Does Pollution Affect Us On Earth? | How Pollution Affects The Environment”.
This has become necessary as we have sen overtime that several individuals have been searching for topics related to the above topic How Does Pollution Affect Us On Earth? | How Pollution Affects The Environment.
However, if you are among those that have been searching for answers to [how does pollution affect the environment, effects of pollution on humans, how does air pollution affect the environment, how does pollution affect animals, effects of pollution on humans animals plants and the environment, effects of pollution on human health essay, effects of air pollution on human health in points, what is pollution, How Does Pollution Affect Us On Earth? | How Pollution Affects The Environment], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Nonetheless, you shall get all this information right here on this blog.
How Does Pollution Affect Us On Earth? | How Pollution Affects The Environment
Take a deep breath and suck in all that air into your lungs. Hmm have you ever thought about what exactly are you breathing into your lungs?
We tend to think of air as mainly oxygen, because that is what we need to survive. Did you know that oxygen only makes up about 21 % of the air that you breath in?
Animals and humans use the oxygen in the air and release carbon dioxide. Plants do exactly the opposite. Plants use carbon dioxide and release oxygen. Isn’t it wonderful how nature works?
What is photosynthesis?
This is the process where green plants absorb light energy from the sun using chlorophyll in their leaves. The chlorophyll then reacts with carbon dioxide and water to make a sugar called glucose. The glucose is used in respiration or converted into a starch. It is stored in the plant. Oxygen is a by-product of photosynthesis.
- History As A Science | What Makes History A Science
- Fire And Safety | Basic Fire Safety Tips & Fire Safety Rules
- Myths Surrounding Exercises | All You Need To Know Concerning Exercises.
- Criminal Profiling – Facts Over Fiction | Criminal Profiling Techniques
- 5 Tips For Students Who Are Considering Graphic Design As A Career.
- Evaluation Of Learning: How To Know If The Children Are Learning
The breathing process in humans
Here is a video that briefly explains the breathing process. Video courtesy of YouTube
Animals as well as plants plays an important role in the balance of life on our planet. These processes above are vital for our survival on earth but unfortunately things that people do can upset the natural balance of the system and it can negatively affect the air and the atmosphere. If the balance is upset, then the following things can occur:
- Acid rain
- Global warming
- Ozone layer can be damaged
What is acid rain?
This is a term used for any form of precipitation with acidic components. Sulfuric or nitric acid falls on the ground from the atmosphere in wet or dry forms. This can include rain, snow, fog, hail or even dust that is acidic.
Acid rain is very harmful and mostly affects aquatic environments. As it flows through the soil, acidic water can filter aluminum from soil clay particles and then flow into streams and lakes. Acidic water dissolves the nutrients and helpful minerals in the soil and then washes them away before plants can use them to grow. Acid rain causes the soil to become sterile and unusable for planting.
What is global warming?
Global warming is exactly what it says. The earth is heating up. Most of the energy that we use is made by burning fossil fuels. This produces huge clouds of carbon dioxide. The carbon dioxide drifts up into the atmosphere and makes the Earth’s greenhouse gas thicker. This is called the greenhouse effect.
How does the ozone layer affect us on earth?
The ozone layer is there to protect us. The ozone layer is like the sunscreen of the earth and plays a vital role in protecting us from harmful radiation. Due to pollution and other factors caused by humans, the ozone layer is now damaged and this also has an effect on global warming.
We live on Earth. This is our home. We are busy destroying our own homes by polluting the Earth in such a way that there will be nothing left for future generations. Think carefully about what you do and how something that YOU do can affect the Earth. Don’t kill the world.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “How Does Pollution Affect Us On Earth? | How Pollution Affects The Environment“.
Thanks For Reading
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2019/2020 | Study Abroad Scholarships 2019
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2019/2020
- 4 Year Scholarships 2019/2020 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2019
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2019/2020
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2019/2020 | Psychology Scholarships 2019
- Scholarships For African American Students 2019/2020 | African American Scholarships 2019
- Asian American Scholarships 2019 | Japanese American Scholarships 2019